Status: Prequel to 'An Ode For Cruelty' <3

The Last Rites for Souls on Fire

Tribus

The Elves and Men at the archery range were visibly shocked when a woman walked up to aim at a target. Faelwen could feel every set of eyes on her back; those of Gondor, the ragged Ranger, Legolas and a group of Elvish men.
"Miss, are you lost?" One of them asked her, Legolas and the Ranger, whom he had already spoken to of the woman in front of them, held back their laughter.
Faelwen spun quickly, an arrow ready to fire point blank into the man's head. She growled out, "No. I am not lost, Pen Istas Min!" (One who lacks knowledge!)
The man stood shocked, Faelwen growled again, "Be gone! Before I use YOU for my target practice!"
She spun again, loosing the arrow into the dead centre of the target.
The males around her continued to watch, incredulous, as she let arrow after arrow fly into the center of her target. Legolas, smirking, stepped up to the target beside hers and began to fire arrows of his own, easily repeating her progress.
Faelwen smirked, her voice greeting his ears as the familiar chime of bells, "Are you challenging me, mallen-finnel?" (Golden-braids)
"What-ever gave you that idea, nibin?" (Petty[a name for troublesome elflings])
Each let loose another arrow. Faelwen laughed as both hit the centre of their respective targets, "Perhaps we should just spar. I doubt either of us will miss."
"But you don't have your blades, nibin. Do you intend to take me down bare-handed?" Legolas laughed, the conglomeration of onlookers now more shocked than before by their casual exchange.
"Never underestimate me, mallen-finnel," Faelwen smirked, instantly slinging her bow over her shoulder and reaching under her dress to her thigh to draw a hunting knife and cut Legolas last arrow from the air.
"A knife hardly makes it a fair fight," He chuckled, drawing a short sword. The Ranger, too, chuckled at his friends actions. Legolas moved swiftly to strike with his sword, finding his blow easily deflected and a second knife drawing dangerously close. He barely dodged the malicious strike, glancing at Faelwen's eyes as she aimed yet another blow a him. Her eyes were slowly turning from pale rose-pink to deep red. Blow after blow they got darker as Legolas was forced to defend against her potentially life-threatening strikes. Finally, the Ranger assisted him to block her knives and Faelwen was thrown to the ground. Her whole body suddenly stiffened and her grip on the knives relinquished. She shook as she stood up, eyes not leaving the ground.
"Nin ugarth daer. Im ialla dihena, nin hir," She spoke quietly, gathering her things and still not letting her eyes leave the ground. (My sin is great. I ask you to forgive me, my Lord)
Legolas went to speak but found that she was already walking away, her head hanging low.
His friend held his shoulder, "Anna daf hin revia." (Let her go [essentially])
"Sui ihoss er iethril istas hin. Thaw a hwiniol," Legolas spoke quietly to his friend, "Sui al di im ist." (She is like a whisper only one that listens can hear. Corrupt and fantastic. Like no woman I know.)
"Presto le hin agor?" (Does she trouble you?)
"U, Aragorn. Innas muin mellon hin. Talit im ned arnediad," His voice was clear yet quiet, unwilling for the other Elves, especially those of Mirkwood, to hear. (No, Aragorn. She will be a dear friend. I'm unsure of any-amount more)
Aragorn shook his head, a crooked smile adorning his features as his friend left the archery range. He had known Legolas for many years, and could easily tell that he was lying.

The day of the council had arrived. From what Legolas could see, most were gathered in their places already; himself, his guards, the Dwarves, the Men, the Hobbit, Gandalf and Aragorn. It seemed that Lady Faelwen and Lord Elrond were the only ones yet to arrive.
As if on cue, conversation began to hush and heads turned in one direction. Legolas followed the movement, coming face to face with Lord Elrond and, on his arm, Lady Faelwen. She wore what he presumed was the dress he saw Arwen carrying into her room yesterday. The thin black material came from behind her neck, wrapping tightly around her chest and midsection before cascading to the ground. Amongst her loose-hanging hair sat a ring of intertwining white-gold vines and deep blue crystalline flowers, each adorned with small, glistening thorns. A midnight blue rose sat slightly in front of each of her ears, leading to a hanging chain of white gold, and ending in a pure white crystal just below her jaw. It was, no doubt, a sign of wealth and status. But more importantly, there was no doubt in Legolas' mind, that at that moment, Faelwen was more beautiful than any woman he'd ever seen.

Elrond led Faelwen to her seat before taking his own. It was odd, Legolas thought, to see her acting so dainty and lady-like.
Elrond spoke, breaking Legolas' unintentional focus on Faelwen, "Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor. Middle Earth stands upon the brink of destruction; none can escape it. You will unite or you will fall. Each race is bound to this fate, this one doom. Bring forth the ring, Frodo."
Everyone sat quietly as the little Hobbit stepped forward, placing what they all knew to be the one ring on the centre pedestal.
A Gondorian stood and spoke, breaking the tense silence, "A gift. A gift to the foes of Mordor. Why not use this ring? Long has my father, the Steward of Gondor, kept the forces of Mordor at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept safe. Give Gondor the weapon of the enemy. Let us use it against him."
Faelwen spoke, mocking clear in her voice, "Use the ring for warfare and you will become Nazgul. No man may wield it unless he wishes to suffer a fate worse than death."
Before he could argue against her, Aragorn spoke, "You are right, Lady Faelwen. The one ring answers to Sauron alone. It has no other master."
The Gondorian spat venomously at Aragorn, "And what would a She-Elf and a mere Ranger know of this matter?"
Legolas jumped to his feet before he could think, "Do not insult my kin. She is no ordinary Elf, neither is he a mere Ranger. This is Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance," he didn't notice Faelwen's blush at being given his protection.
"This is Isuldur's heir?" He spoke, his tone more patronizing.
"And heir to the throne of Gondor," Legolas pointed out again, more openly this time.
Aragorn stopped the Elf from acting rashly by interjecting, "Havo dad, Legolas." (Sit down, Legolas)
He did as his friend wished; trying his hardest to ignore the intolerable Gondorian as he returned to his seat. He didn't even react when the pest spoke again, "Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king."
Gandalf spoke, "Aragorn and Faelwen-rin are right. We cannot use it." (queen)
Legolas sat in shock at the announcement of Faelwen's title. He looked up at her, immediately catching her apprehensive glance in his direction. He knew he should've known about this; should have figured it out. She was incredibly beautiful, even for an Elf, and only a Mornedhel of great power and skill would be able to escape the clutches of the darkness in their blood.
Elrond, again, interrupted the Elf's focus on the woman sitting across from him, "We have only one choice. The ring must be destroyed."
One of the Dwarves stood, raising his axe over his head and for a second, Legolas swore he heard Faelwen laugh, "What are we waiting for?"
He brought his axe down on the ring. The weapon shattered and he was sent flying backwards. The ring sat before them all, perfectly intact. Legolas struggled to contain his laughter and noticed the other elves were in similar states; including Faelwen.
Elrond spoke to recover the serious note of the council, "The ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade, The ring must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came. One of you must do this."
The Gondorian decided to use this moment to impress upon the council his thoughtlessness yet again, "One does not simply walk into Mordor! It's black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash and dust. The very air you breath is a poisonous fume. Not with ten-thousand men could you do this. It is folly."
Faelwen mumbled, just barely loud enough for the Elves to hear, "Your birth was folly."
Legolas, at the same time, couldn't help but shout, "Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The ring must be destroyed!"
Gimli stood as tall as he could, "And I suppose you think you're the one to do it?"
Legolas looked at the Dwarf, incredulous, his guards jumping up to yell at the much smaller, bearded man. The Gondorian yelled into the argument, as did Gandalf. Over it all, only one phrase could be heard, "Never trust an Elf!"
Faelwen watched as Frodo walked back toward the ring and shouted, as loud as his small voice would allow, "I will take it!"
All those that had been yelling quickly quieted to watch Frodo, "I will take the ring to Mordor. But I do not know the way."
Aragorn stepped forward, pledging his sword. Legolas stepped up, pledging his bow and was followed swiftly by the Dwarf, Gimli, with his axe, making Legolas roll his eyes. The Gondorian and Gandalf also pledged themselves to the cause. Faelwen stood up, seemingly gliding toward the group.
She kneeled before Frodo, "I will give everything that I have to see you accomplish this task, Little Master," Her head hung low, bowing, "If it means the destruction of Sauron, you have my very life at your disposal."
As soon as she stood from her place in front of the little Hobbit, 3 more ran from hiding spots in a nearby corridor and some bushes, each refusing to leave Frodo's side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Faelwen's clothing

Sorry for any mistakes, currently 3 am and sleep is only partially eluding me. Woooooooooohh!