Status: banner and layout by heatherlight

Unpolished

Helping Out

I was doing homework when I heard familiar voices. I looked out my window and saw Gerard and Mikey walking up to the house next door. I quickly opened my window, "Hey guys!"

"Anna?"

"Hold on!" I closed it and ran out the door, "You guys live here?" I pointed to the house.

"Yeah.. So wait? We're neighbors? Awesome!" Gerard said.

"Wait.. You guys are brothers?"

"Yeah, we don't look alike, but I'm older even though he's taller," Gee said pointing to Mikey.

"Nice" We talked for a bit until my dad finally realized where I was and called me in for dinner.

"Well, bye guys. See ya around" I turned and walked away.

"Bye!"

I walked into the kitchen finding my dad putting soup in our bowls.

"Hey dad"

"Hey, how was school?"

"Alright, made a couple friends today. Oh, and an enemy" I picked up my spoon mixing around the liquid in the bowl.

"An enemy? Who's ass do I have to kick now?" We both laughed.

"No ones yet dad." We ate for a bit until he spoke.

"So, those friends... Tell me about them"

"OK, but I must warn you...they're all guys." He rolled his eyes. "Anyways... there's Bob, Ray, Frankie, Gerard, and Mikey." I told him a little about each.

"I like Ray's hair"

"You're so weird dad" I got up and cleaned off the table.

"What? Just because one of your friends have amazing hair"

"You're so weird" I washed the dishes, that was our deal. He cooked, I did the dishes and we both cleaned the house.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Mikey and Gerard are our neighbors"

My dad walked into the kitchen, "Alright, if you plan on having them over, just let me know ahead in time, okay?"

I looked at him with a shocked face, "Seriously? Did I hear you right?"

"Yes, I've decided to give you a bit more freedom. Only catch is to be responsible with everything, okay? No stupid shit."

"Of course not dad" I gave him a hug, "Thank you" After I did the dishes I went back into my room. And looked out my side window, which just so happened to be in front of someones window at the Way's house. I was in front of my window until I saw someone move in the room. I got out of the way and tried my best to look without getting caught, it was a tall figure. Mikey. Of course. So I walked over to my bed and finished my homework. When I was done I looked out the window again only to see Mikey staring into space, I tried getting his attention but he didn't notice. So I got a couple of old pencils, and started throwing them at his window, he finally broke out of his daze.

"Are you OK?" I mouthed to him.

He shrugged.

I turned my head sideways and gave him a puzzled look.

He disappeared for a second, then returned holding a notebook and a pen, "Just family stuff"

I nodded. I grabbed my notebook and replied back, "I'm here to talk to"

"Thanks"

"No problem"

"Can you meet me out back in 5?"

I looked at my clock it was only 7:30. "Yea, sure"

He nodded and we both got up and I headed downstairs, "I'm going out back to talk for a bit"

"K"

Mikey was already there when I got out.

"Hey"

"Hey, so what's up?" I asked

He explained that his parents were fighting and Gerard wasn't so happy and neither was he. And I kept telling him positive things and don't be so upset and to find things to distract him from everything going on. That's what I did when my parents were fighting all the time. Mikey's parents called him in when it was pitch black out.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow" He said.

"Yeah, see ya." Before I walked in he said something.

"Thanks for listening"

"You're welcome, it's what I do" I smiled and went inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. It's a filler chapter I'm sorry ): The next chapter will be better I promise.

Two chapters in one day, woo! :D