Status: banner and layout by heatherlight

Unpolished

Bad News

“Morning” They said.

“Mornin”

“How’d you sleep?” Mrs. Way asked.

“Alright, I guess. Thanks for letting me stay the night”

“It’s no problem hun. You’re welcomed whenever” She replied.

We all made small talk while eating and I went to my house to get dressed.

He still wasn't’t home and now I was freaking out. Where the hell is he? If he had a date he would have told me he would’t be home until later but I don’t think he did. Where are you?

Thee three of us walked to school, I didn’t talk much, I was lost in thought. The guys had to save me a couple times from falling into the road.

We reached school and they met up with the rest. I walked behind them and snuck off to my locker and Bob was at his.

Funny thing about our lockers; they’re all together, except for Bob’s. His is 4 down from everyone.

“Hey Anna” He said, walking towards me.

“Hey” I didn’t look, I was grabbing a book.

“Sup?”

“Nothing. The guys are in the usual spot”

“Ok, you coming?”

I shrugged.

“Alright, see ya later then” He gave me a side hug and left.

The bell rang and I walked to class. It was going fine until the messenger came in.

“We need Anna Chandler” She told the teacher and I gathered my stuff and walked to the principal’s office. Where there were two people; a male and a female, both wearing a black suit. The male was tall and had a buzz cut and dark brown eyes. The female had shoulder length light red hair and blue eyes.

“Anna, this is Mr. Wilkins and Mrs. Parker” They nodded, “You may want to sit down” Mr. Tran motioned to an empty seat.

“Am I in trouble?” I asked nervously.

“No, but we have some... bad news” Mrs. Parker said.

“We’re from Child Services” Mr. Wilkins said and my stomach knotted,“We’re sorry to inform you that your father died in a car accident”

My throat started to burn and my vision got blurry. “What? How- I...I... Oh God” I covered my mouth and I lost it. The tears started falling.

“We’re sorry” Bullshit.

“You’re 17, right?” Mrs. Parker asked.

I nodded, wiping the tears away but they kept coming.

“Well, we’re going to have to put-”

“No. I’m not going anywhere. You can send someone to check on me but I’m not leaving that house” I got up and walked, correction, ran out of the building. I ran from school to my home, ignoring all pain coming from my chest and legs. I ran. I got home and went into my dad’s room, laid on his bed and cried and cried. I cried until I couldn't’t anymore and my eyes got heavy. I fell asleep inhaling his scent. The smell of his cologne and the house.

I woke up to a knock at the door. Actually more like pounding. I stretched and looked at the clock, the red numbers said it was 4:37.

I went downstairs and opened the door, it was Mikey and Gee.

“You ok?” Gee asked. I sniffled and shook my head.

“What happened?” Mikey asked and I let them in, “We were waiting for you after class and after school”

They sat on the couch and before I could say anything, my eyes watered up again. “My dad... he... had...he” I couldn't’t finish my sentence.

“Oh...” They both knew what I was saying. Mikey pulled me into a long hug while I cried on his shoulder, and then Gerard joined in as well. We finally parted and I told them what happened and about the people from Child Services.

“You can stay with us. I mean, mom said that you could. We all love you, Anna. You’re practically family” Mikey said.

“Thanks, but I’m gonna stay here tonight” They both shook their heads.

“Nope, you’re staying with us” Mikey grabbed my hand and Gee ran home.

They explained what happened to their parents.

“Oh hun, I’m so sorry” Mrs. Way pulled me in for a hug.

“You can stay here for as long as you need to” Mr. Way said, “You’re like a daughter to us”

“Thanks, guess I’ll grab some clothes then”

“Want one of us to come with you?” Gee asked, I shrugged and he pushed Mikey to go.

“Guess I’m going then” He looked over his shoulder at Gee and glared at him, Gee smiled and walked off.

We walked to my house and I went upstairs to my room and packed.

“Hey Anna?” Mikey asked from behind me.

I jumped a bit, “Yeah?”

“Couldn't’t you always go live with your mom? I mean, none of us want you to and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to either, but isn’t it always an option?”

“It is, but I don’t want to think about that” I finished packing and turned around. I didn’t expect Mikey to be right behind me and when I turned I bumped into him and caused us both to fall. I landed on top of him but caught myself so I was holding myself up and he was on the ground. “I’m so sorry”

“It’s fine” We stayed there for a couple more seconds before he spoke again, “We should probably be heading back before they think that we’re doing something”

“Yeah.. You’re probably right” We both got up and I locked the door and we walked back. He put his arm around my shoulders.

“Everything will be fine. You got me, Gerard, Ray, Frank, Ray, our parents, your family. You have a lot of people that care for you Anna and we’ll always be there for you”

“Thanks, Mikey” I stopped and hugged him, I squeezed tight and he squeezed tight back. A tear slipped down my face and he dried it with his thumb. He lifted my head and started to lean in slowly but then Gerard opened the door.

“Dinner time!” He said and then shut the door.

We let go of each other and went inside.

“Holy shit. Was that really going to happen?” Was all I thought while walking to the table.

Dinner was quiet for the most part until we all finished.

“Thank you for dinner mom” Gee said getting up.

“Yeah, thank you. It was delicious” I said.

“Thank you”

Gee, Mikey and I walked upstairs into Gerard’s room.

So, what you guys wanna do?” They shrugged.

“I’m gonna jump in the shower” Gee said.

“Don’t die then” Mikey said. We all snickered at the lame joke. He left, and Mikey and I just sat there. It was a while before Mikey went to say something but then Gerard came back in.

“Think of anything guys?”

“Nope” We both said at the same time.

“But I think a shower sounds good right now” I said, getting up and grabbing my bag of clothes.

“Need help with the shower?” Gee asked, standing behind Mikey.

“Dude, the houses are the same. Remember?”

“Oh yeah...”

“Way to go, dumbass” Mikey muttered.

I walked to the bathroom and turned on the hot water and let it run down. I washed my hair and body. I didn’t know how long I was in there but I needed that shower. I got out and started to dry off.

I went to get P.J.’s but realized that I had a tank top and some short basketball shorts from 3 years ago. I sighed in defeat and got dressed, but then remembered I had a jacket.

“Hey guys, do y’all have a hair brush?” I asked opening up Gerard’s door.

“Yeah, it’s in the-” The both looked up at me and stopped talking. I think Mikey stopped breathing.

I quickly walked over to my jacket and zipped it up. “Sorry. It’s where?”

Gee cleared his throat, “It’s in the top drawer” I nodded and went back for the brush, and walked back after I was done.

“So anything y’all think of?”

“Scary movies” Gee said

“We have a few zombie ones” Mikey added.

“I was hooked at ‘scary’,” I smiled.

We walked down to their garage and picked out Dawn of the Dead. We all sat on the couch, I sat in the middle.

But half way through, I started to fell tired, I closed my eyes eye a bit and woke up hitting Mikey’s knee.

“Shit, sorry” I rubbed my head.

“It’s fine, but I think someone needs to go to bed now” I yawned and nodded. I walked over to the other couch and laid on there, listening to the sounds of people talking and zombies. I was almost asleep when I felt someone put a blanket over me.

***

“Dad, be careful” I said, holding tighter on my seat belt.

“We’ll be fine. I promise” He said, increasing speed.

“Dad, slow down!” We passed a sign saying, “Road Construction Ahead. Reduce Speed”

“Dad! Stop!” I tried to open the door but it was locked for good. I could see up ahead that the road wasn’t finished and there was blackness all around it. “Dad, we’ll die! Stop the car!”

“Say goodbye, Anna” We drove over the edge and I woke up. Covered in a cold sweat. I looked around the room but it was pitch black. I cleared my head and tried to fall asleep again but everytime I did, I saw the car fly off the edge.

I decided to go upstairs and see if anyone was still up. I quietly and slowly made my way up the stairs. Their parents were asleep, I went to Gee’s room but his door was closed and it creaked whenever you opened so I went to Mikey’s room. His door was open enough for me to fit through.

“Mikey” I whispered, “Miiiiiikey” I lightly shook him.

“Shoe” He muttered. What the hell? I shook him a bit harder.

Nothing.

“Fuck it” I said quietly. I got one of his pillows and laid on his floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one day! Woo! (:

Ok, so, something is goin' on between Mikey and Anna, but y'all won't know until later if it gets serious or not ;D

Comment my loverlys <3