Status: still writing

My Guardian

Shadows

Summer started to stir in the small little cell she was in. She moved slightly and the chains that were attached to her wrists started to clank together. She looked around the room and there were shadows everywhere but no one was around. She was scared but she didn’t show it. She started to struggle against the restraints but failed. Her wrists began to burn. She tried to wiggle free of them ignoring the pain. She looked at the crimson blood flow down her arm. “Damnit,” she thought, “re-opened my scars.” The shadows moved against the wall and she froze in her place letting the blood flow down her arm.

“Who are you?” She asked with confidence.

There was no response and she sat unconvertible on the floor. She was on high alert and she could smell something but she wasn’t sure. She felt very uneasy about all of this and tried another sitting position. That didn’t really help much. She sighed and just stared at the wall. The shadow moved again and she sat up and the chains rattled.

“Who’s there?” She asked again still sounded strong.

Again no response, this time she got mad and pulled hard on the chain. It broke from the wall. She looked at the now broken chain awestruck. “Holly shit, did I do that?” She asked herself. The shadow moved quicker now and it was coming towards her. She reacted by ripping of the other chain and went to the bars.

“I know you’re here, I can smell it,” she said slightly surprised as she actually could smell like a wet dog smell.

“Oh you can?” the voice asked, it wasn’t a voice she heard before though and was hard to pinpoint where it was coming from.

Then suddenly there was someone at the bars. She couldn’t see him as he was wearing all black and a hood covered his face. His voice was like a whisper but she could hear him as if he was yelling.

“Who are you?” she asked with confidence but her fear was starting to show through a little in her voice.

“I’m Gabriel,” he chuckled as he heard the slight fear in her voice, “I’m your guardian.”

Summer looked at him puzzled, “My guardian?”

“Yes, your guardian, all those shadows were me,” he started, “I am a werewolf as you are as well. This may come to as a shock but you are. I wanted to be a guardian when I was little and so I started to follow you since your powers were masked but not anymore.” She looked at him puzzled as he continued, “Now, we need to get out of here, yeah they are werewolves but they aren’t saints if you know what I mean.”

The boy pulled of his hood to revile blonde hair and green eyes. He was about her age maybe a year older. His hair was in his face because it was a little on the long side. He ran his hand through his slightly messed up hair to get it out of his face. They stared at each other for a minute, her gray eyes holding onto his deep green eyes. His face lightened and then he abruptly turned and walking into the shadows and disappeared.

“God Damnit,” he said as he walked away from her.

She looked after him, “Hey, wait, how do I get out of here?”

He didn’t reply and just kept walking. She just watched him walk away. Half of her wanted to rip out of this cage and go to him. She just stood there and waiting thinking he would turn around which he didn’t. She was left alone again in this cell. The restraints were broken and on the cold cement. She looked at them trying to think how she did it. “I got mad,” she thought and her face lit up. She decided thinking about how these people had just kidnapped her, how she was trapped, in a confined space. That did it, she pulled on the bars and they began to bend at her strength. She felt pleased with herself as she stepped out of the cell and was looking down a long hallway.

“Where are you?” she whispered into the blackness looking for Gabe.

“I’m here,” he sounded slightly irritated with himself like he didn’t want to be there.

She was slightly taken aback by this as she walked down the hall. She looked over the walls and only saw her guardian’s shadow. There wasn’t much to look at since it was pitch black. She felt along the wall to make sure she was going straight. She came to a turn in the wall and so she stepped towards it. Suddenly she tripped, she braced herself for the fall when some ones arms went underneath her and caught her in mid air.

“Be careful,” Gabe said softly in her ear.

She only nodded as her heart was pounding in her ears. She never really thought about being in love with someone. Though with Gabe it was different, that little staring feast they had was called imprinting. Gabe imprinted on her and she did the same which means they were mates. “I can’t be her mate,” Gabe thought to himself, “I’m her guardian, though we never really looked at each other.”

“You know you can stand up now,” he said looking at her in the darkness.

She nodded again getting back her wits but only slightly. She stood back up trying to keep her balance. She leaned against the wall for support. She just started staring at him; he was the only thing she can see. He was like her light as she was the dark. They were incomplete until they were together.

“Sorry about that.” she said blankly trying not to seem lost and distant.

She wanted to fall again to see if he would do it again. She wanted to feel his touch again, she longed for it. When he grabbed her it felt as if he was hit by a car. “God, why did I imprint on the person I need to protect,” he thought to himself looking down at the floor. She thought, “Did I fall in love with my guardian?”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment give me feed back about what you think about this so far. thanks.