Status: Will be updated on a weekly basis - unless you're very good then maybe more.

Was It a Dream?

Chapter 11

Jared had kept quite when Shannon came into the shop. He didn’t like the way his brother was acting towards Alena. He didn’t want her to fall for his brother; he knew from experience that when Shannon set his mind on something he usually got it.

He listened to their conversation with interest especially when the conversation turned to her ex. He saw that she didn’t feel comfortable and guessed that there was more to her break up than she was letting on.

He was surprised when Shannon told her to come to their hotel suite, but he was also happy, he definitely wanted to spend more time with her. He found her enthusiasm charming and couldn’t help but laugh when she started to close up in record time.

As they entered the secret room he pulled Shannon aside.

“What are you doing?” He whispered to him.

“What do you mean brother dear?” Shannon answered just a little too innocently.

“Don’t ‘brother dear’ me, back off I like this girl and I want to get to know her better.” He warned Shannon.

“Now was that so hard to admit?” Shannon said giving him one of his most wicked grins. “Aren’t you glad I invited her over?” Shannon laughed at him.

Suddenly everything became clear to Jared. “You’re such an ass! I don’t need your help.”

“Ouch. That hurt, but it’s fine, I know you’ll thank me later.” He replied smugly.

Shannon could really irritate him sometimes, but it was impossible to stay mad at him.

He followed Tomo through the closet and into the next room; he was just in time to hear Alena’s comment about using the exits after her break up.
“What did you mean when you said you used to use it often after your break up with your ex?” He asked frowning.

Her explanation only confirmed the fact that there was more to her story than she was letting on. He hoped that once she got to know him better she would tell him the whole story. He grinned at the prospect of
spending time with her. Damn, stop acting like a besotted teenager! He told himself, shaking his head at his emotional state.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while, but hopefully I'll be updating regularly again. This is a short one so I'll be putting up the next update after this.