Endlessly, He Said

f i v e

A small whimper fell from my lips at this stranger's touch. I turn my face away from him, not entirely sure how to react to the close proximity. His name echoing in my mind as a means of storing it away for future reference. His hand moves, cupping my face as his thumb gently brushed across my skin causing a soft pink to dust my cheeks. I close my knees in tighter to my core, squeezing my eyes shut. This whole situation is new, something I have never encountered before, and I am not all too sure how to react. This stranger, Alex, is being so gentle and kind, but it could all be an act.

He pulls his hand back, breaking all contact with me before gently placing himself on the ground beside me. A few times his elbow brushes against my arm, but otherwise there is pure silence between us. My teeth pull my lip into my mouth, nipping and nibbling on the tender skin. I can feel his eyes on me, watching every small move I make. If I am honest, it frightens me a bit. I can't help save for to wonder of his intentions toward me; what is it he is interested in gaining by speaking with me?

Keeping my lip between my teeth, I turn to face him. Keeping my voice quiet I ask, “Did you need something?” His face shines with complete shock, making it obvious he thought I would do no such thing. My teeth continue to nibble at the skin stretched across my bottom lip nervously. Having any person this close to me giving me barely enough to stay on the stable side of an anxiety attack, but just the gentlest of brushes could topple me over the edge- away from that sanity. The nibbles to my lip increase in pressure the longer his eyes scan my face. A quite whimper passes my lips the moment I push myself farther from him, and with a shaky voice I ask, “P-please stop st-staring.” His eyes widen before I press my face into my knees, hiding myself from him.

Stumbling over his words, his apologies are cut short by Preston shouting after me. I flinch at his tone, but lift my head enough to turn my eyes in his direction. My best friend walks closer, eying the boy beside me. “And you are?” Preston asks him, his voice cold and hard. I watch as Preston's eyes flicker over to me before turning back to Alex.

Pressing my face back into my knees I ignore the conversation being held between Preston and Alex. My mind continuing to switch between different images of past times dealing around him. Whimpers pass my lips as tears steal away, free falling down my cheeks away from my eyes. Small sniffles fill the air as the images haunt me, not once leaving me. Even as I jump, startled by the arms that have slowly snaked themselves around my person, they stay planted in the front of my mind. My lip between my teeth, I bite down hard, drawing blood and a quiet hiss of pain in hopes of forcing the images away. My biggest wish being to re-enter reality. And forgive me for admitting because, although, I know none of him, am frightened of his large person, I wish to look upon Alex's attractive face once more. A gentle dust of pink reigns control over the colouring of the flesh stretched across my skull at the thought of my finding him attractive. Preston notices the difference in my person, pulling me away from his chest enough to look at my face. My blush only deepens knowing full well I have been caught; I can never seem to keep anything from him.