Status: writing

The Kids From Yesterday

Chapter Eleven: Adieu.

“No! No no no no! Come on Skizzy please!” I whimpered as I tried pumping her chest. It was everywhere. Blood was pouring out of her head and formed a huge puddle on the ground. I tried wrapping it but it did no good. “COME ON!” I shrieked slamming my fists on her chest.

“Python…” Zombie started as he tried to pull me off of her. I shrugged him off and continued trying to revive Skizzy. “Python! She’s gone!” he yelled as he yanked me off of her and pulled me towards him.

“But I can help her!” I screamed into his chest. He started rocking me back and forth and stroking my head. “I can help her…” I sobbed.

“No you can’t…there’s nothing you can do…this is what she wanted. We were just unfortunate enough to witness it…” He explained quietly. And I realized he was right… she was always talking about how she distanced herself from people because she was ‘keeping them safe’ I realized now what she meant.

“If we got here sooner…we could’ve helped her…” I whispered. Zombie put his chin on my head.

“Maybe…but I think it would have only delayed it…and what if she did hurt Squirt?” Zombie asked. I nodded, buried my head in his chest, and continued to cry. I heard people start pouring into Audrey and Mark’s room.

“Holy shit…What …what happened?” I heard Daydream ask. Her voice was shaky. I think she was crying. Everyone loved Skizzy.

“Skizzy shot herself… her ‘voices’ were telling her to hurt the baby, so she decided to shut them up once and for all…” Zombie said quietly.

I looked up to where Skizzy was and regretted it instantly. Above her, you could see the blood splattered on the wall from when the shot entered her head. Her eyes were open and with all of the blood, her sweet smile looked sick. I felt fresh tears start pouring into my eyes.

"Oh my God..." I gasped while clapping a hand to my mouth. I collapsed into Zombie.

“I got to get her out of here…” Zombie said to Daydream. Daydream nodded and Zombie scooped me up and walked out of the room.

“I can walk…” I sniffled quietly. Zombie nodded and let me down. I leaned on him as we walked. Mark was running down the hall towards us as fast as he could.

“Shit Python you ok?! Wait where’s Squirt?!” He exclaimed.

“They’re both fine…Skizzy uh…Skizzy killed herself… Squirts in there, but she’s fine. Daydream’s with her” Zombie explained. Marked nodded and ran to his room.

Zombie continued to walk with me down the hall and into my room. I was shaking. The tears stopped coming now. That’s just how I was, I’d cry like a baby, and then I’d be empty.

“I need a cigarette….” I muttered as I whipped the remaining tears from my eyes and searched my room for them. Then I remembered that Daydream had them.

“Here” Zombie said as he handed me one. He lit it for me. I inhaled deeply.

“Thanks.” I replied. I felt calm.

“You want me to stay here?” he asked.

“Only if you want…” I said quietly. Zombie smiled and sat on my bed. I collapsed on my back next to him. R.J. came stumbling into our room.

“Guys! Skizzy-” She started. Inhale.

“We know! We were there.” Zombie interrupted.

“You were?” R.J. asked. I nodded my head. Exhale.

“Yup…and I could’ve helped her if I got there sooner…” I muttered quietly as I waved my cigarette around in my hand. Zombie lay down next to me and looked up at my ceiling.

“No you couldn’t have, she would’ve done it anyways…” Zombie said trying to comfort me. I turned to look at him.

“You’re probably right.” I sighed.

“Aren’t I usually?” he asked with a sad smile. I smiled back.

“Well I’m going to go paint something…” R.J. said leaving the room. I waved her goodbye.

We laid there together in silence, just staring at my ceiling. It was covered in stars. I felt Zombie’s hand slip into mine. I just sat there and smiled softly, and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short, but oh well. ill be out of school as of thursday, so ill be able to update quicker