A World Void of Meaning

Night 9

As my eyes adjusted to the new found light of this world, I was greeted by a girl. She was my height, icy blue eyes, and short red hair. She grabbed my hand and we ran, to where I don't know. The feeling of anticipation had burst into butterflies in my stomach and the longing feeling that I had felt for so long disappeared. I had a beautiful girl with me now and it seems she knows this world much better than I do. I wonder if it's because she's been here for a long time. I wonder if she was waiting for me, as I searched for the someone I didn't know existed till now.

Our pace slows and she let's loose my poor broken wooden hand. She smiles at me, such a sweet smile with the innocence of a little child. I wonder who this girl is but my wooden frown couldn't utter any word. She looked at me puzzled, I don't think she can speak either. I back away as to run but she pulls me back. I try again but again, she pulls me back. I can see the life slowly leave her eyes and I am unsure as to what is happening. I turn and start to walk and this time she doesn't pull me back. As I walk farther the bright warm light dies and I slowly became cold. It darkens.

As I walk an it gets darker and darker, I realize that maybe that girl whoever she was IS the light to this world. I think that the life I saw leaving her eyes was me. Maybe I WAS her light, not the other way around. After this realization I stopped dead in my tracks, turned around, and started walking back from where I came. Until I saw the light again.

I came to what looked like a big oak tree. It was full of orange, green, and yellow leaves, like you see in fall. The worn down trunk reminded me of my old wooden body. Through so much, and for what? To find this person that I cannot embrace because of this splintered body? I look up to see the girl perched on the highest tree branch I wave my arms to try and get her attention but she doesn't see, I mus be the size of an ant from where she sees me. I clack my hands together, I see her shock back to her current being and look down at me. She jumps from branch to branch down, she stands infront of me once again.

I'm trying to predict her next move but fail. She gives no clue, no facial expression. Then all of a sudden she lunges at me and wraps her arms around me tight as to never let go. She'll get hurt by my body though so I pull back. She let's go and I feel as if somethings changed. I looked at my hands and what used to be broken and wooden were beautiful, smooth human hands. My old wooden body had been transformed into a full human body. I looked up at her as I she had made this miracle happen and she smiled. I could feel my face heating up and the muscles slowly tightening into a smile. Had grabbed my hand again, this time I could feel the warmth of my hand. She pointed to the place where she was sitting on the tree.

"Lets go sit together!" she said ecstatically with warmth in her voice.

"Sure" I replied with a new found happiness returning her warmth.