Status: Active

Love is a Luxury

XVII

“Listen, we’ll be back in no time. I promise. It’ll be just fine Olivia,” John told me, wrapping his arms around me and kissing my head because he knew I was fighting back tears. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” I sniffled.

“You can’t be sad. I’ll call you every night and text you when I’m not busy in the day. I promise.”

“Okay,” I finally looked up at him. He met me with a long and sweet kiss. “You better get going, they’re waiting on you,” I said, nodding to everyone in the van who had already told me goodbye.

He sighed. “Yeah, you’re probably right.” He gave me another kiss, told me he loved me once again and got into the van.

I waved to them as they pulled out of my driveway and headed inside. Tears started over flowing when I shut the door behind me.

My phone chimed with a text, which read: “Hey pretty lady. I know you’re crying already, but cheer up, okay?” I smiled a little, thankful that he knew me as well as he did, which made my day a little brighter. It still sucked not having him around though.

“Hey, come on,” Serena came up to me. “Let’s go shopping.”

---

Two weeks had passed, and me and Serena were heading to my doctor’s appointment where I find out the sex of my baby. I was so nervous.

“Be honest. What are you hoping for?” She said, breaking the silence.

“A girl. I love Colby and all, but I want a little girl to dress up and buy cute things for,” I confessed.

“I so glad I wasn’t the only one hoping for a girl!” She laughed. “John’s calling you on Skype,” she said, looking at my lit up phone.

“Answer it for me,” I said as I tried parking the car.

“Hey stud,” she answered, doing the head nod, which got a laugh out of all three of us.

“You guys at the doctor’s now?” He asked.

“You’d be correct,” I stated, shutting off the car and taking the keys out of the ignition. “I’m going inside though, so I can check in and shit.” Serena and I got out of the car, John still blabbering away and Serena making funny faces at him through the camera. The father and god-mother of my child, and they’re doing this.

I checked in and Serena and I sat down in the lobby. “I’m guessing you called so you can find out what it is?” I said, leaning my head into the shot.

“What? I can’t video chat with my girlfriend and her best friend?” He laughed. “I am rather curious though,” he slumped his shoulders.

“You aren’t the only one!” Serena and I said simultaneously. At that moment, the nurse called my name, and I head back to the private rooms.

“The doctor will be with you here shortly,” she gave me a smile and shut the door as I sat on the table.

“I’m nervous. Holy fuck,” I laid down and shut my eyes.

“Hey, no cussing in front of the child,” Serena warned. I simply flipped her off. About that time, the doctor came in and I sat up. “Hey doc,” she waved.

“Hi Serena,” Dr. Wilson waved back. She was a middle aged woman, shoulder length blonde hair, but one of the sweetest ladies you could ever meet. “How are you feeling today Livy?”

“Nervous,” I laughed.

“Woos,” John mumbled.

“I can hear you!” I yelled back. “That would be my lovely boyfriend on Skype,” I rolled my eyes.

“He sounds like a keeper,” she laughed.

“Yeah, he’s something all right…” She laughed and started getting everything ready.

“All right, if I could get you to lay down and pull up your shirt,” I did as I was told and waited in anticipation. “It’s going to be cold,” she warned and squeezed the jelly onto my belly. I let out a gasp, realizing she wasn’t bluffing. “That always gets everybody,” she laughed. She then started moving the wand around my stomach.

“What were y’all hoping for?” She asked as my baby appeared onto the monitor. My heart started to beat against my chest. I couldn’t believe this was me. That that was growing inside of me.

“Girl,” Serena and I said.

“What about you, dad?” Dr. Wilson asked.

“I’m happy either way.” I could hear the sincerity in his voice, which made my heart melt. “But a boy would be nice.”

“Well dad, looks like you won this round. You’re having a boy,” she smiled. Even though I wanted a girl, I was grinning like a fool.

“Ugh, John. You had one job. How’d you manage to mess it up? She’s supposed to have a little girl,” Serena groaned in frustration, yelling at him through the phone. I erupted into laughter at the bickering two as Dr. Wilson wiped the jelly off my stomach.

“Congrats,” she said as I pulled my shirt back down.

“Thanks,” I smiled and grabbed the phone from Serena.

“So..?” I asked him.

“I’m excited,” he grinned.

“Me too. You jinxed it though,” I said, getting into my car. “We were totally having a little girl until you said something,” I laughed.

“Just blame it on the man,” he sighed. “I’m gonna let you go though so you can drive safer. I love you, babe,” he gave me that smile that drove me crazy. The same smile I hoped our son had.

“I love you too,” I said, a tad softer than my normal voice. “Bye,” I ended the call, started up the car, and headed home.

---

It was now the second week in December, and Christmas was approaching quickly. I had luckily gotten most of my Christmas shopping done, and things were going good for the most part.

My belly was starting to emerge even more, which was a problem, considering I was trying my best to hide it. It wouldn’t have been so hard if Jimmie’s girlfriend wasn’t the gossip queen. Don’t get me wrong, she was a sweet girl, but she could not keep her mouth shut to save her life. I stuck to wearing baggy t-shirts around the house that hid my belly the best I could.

I was almost halfway through with my pregnancy, and it killed John not being there to see him growing. It killed me. I wanted him here more than anything.

I was checking Twitter from my laptop in the kitchen when I heard Jimmie come through the door. “Olivia, guess what I got you for an early Christmas present?” He yelled, making his way to me.

“Is it food? No? Then I don’t care.”

“It’s better,” by this time he was in the kitchen. “I got you All Time Low!” He had an ecstatic look on his face as all four boys came from around the corner.

“Hey!” I jumped up and to hug them. “Easy,” I told them, because I didn’t want them squishing me too tight.

“Aww, is our baby too fragile?” Alex teased, not knowing the real reasoning, and messed up my hair.

“Shut up,” I tried to mess his up too, but he was too tall for me. Instead, I sat back down in my chair and pouted.

“So tell us,” they all sat down around the table with me. “How goes it?”

I explained what I had been doing, which was literally much of nothing, and everything was going pretty well. They told me about tour, their antics, and typical Jack and Alex stuff. I couldn’t help but laugh at how goofy they were.

“Well, we’ve got a show to play. You’re more than welcome to come,” Jack offered.

“Thanks, but I don’t know if I’ll make it tonight. I’ll try though,” I gave them a smile and hugged them as Jimmie escorted them to the door.

“That was nice to see them again,” I said.

“Yeah, it was,” he agreed. There was a long silence between us. “How long are you gonna keep it a secret?”

“I don’t know,” I bit my lip. Just then, there was a knock on the door. It was Jasmine, Jimmie’s girlfriend. He let her in, and they went upstairs to his room. Yuck.

I sighed, realizing I was jealous of them.

I missed John.
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals. ;D