Status: Active

Love is a Luxury

XIX

“Are you sure this is what you want?” John asked, noticing I had a tear rolling down my cheeks, and picked up a box filled with my clothes.

“All I want is to be with you. If this is what it takes, then so be it,” I gave him a fake smile. He returned with a sad one. He took the box from me and took it downstairs to put it in the van.

“I think that’s all of it,” I said, noticing there wasn’t any more of either mine or Colby’s stuff.

We all said our goodbyes, which involved a lot of tears. I strapped Colby into his car seat and climbed in the front seat of the van, while Garrett sat in the back with Colby. John turned up the volume on the radio because he knew it would sooth me a little bit better.

After switching drivers a time or two, we made it to Arizona in about two days. We left the trailer packed up, locked the doors on the van, and went to sleep in the house that we could finally call ours.

---

After our five hour nap, the three of us, along with Jared, Shane, and Ross, all helped unload the trailer. While the boys did the heavy work in setting up and moving the furniture, Colby and I help unpack and put thing away.

By the time we had everything mostly cleaned up, it was about midnight. We ordered some pizza, and sat in the living room, watching TV.

“How’s little one doing?” Shane asked.

“He’s good. He’s settling down now, but he’ll be awake in just a few minutes when I eat something.” John wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him.

About that time, the delivery man came and we ate our food in silence.

“Can we crash here, John?” Ross asked.

“Go for it,” he said.

“Yes! We can stay up late, swapping manly stories, and in the morning, I’m making waffles!” He quoted Shrek and high-fived Jared who was laughing just as hard as he was. I shook my head and laughed along.

“Mama, I’m tired,” Colby said, crawling into my lap.

“All right, baby. We can go to bed,” I said, about to pick him up until John swooped in and carried him instead. I followed him into Colby’s new room and tucked him in bed. “Goodnight buddy,” I kissed his forehead and John ruffled his hair.

We headed in the direction of our room, holding hands and stopped right in front of the door. “You know we’re gonna have to tell your mom eventually, especially now that I live here and I’m starting to show excessively.”

“And that’s exactly why we’re going to dinner at her house tomorrow,” he kissed my nose. “I love you,” he rested his forehead against mine. “I’ll be in there in just a minute,” he kissed me long and slow and then disappeared.

I went into the room, stripped off my clothes, except for my underwear, and put on one of his shirts since it was looser than mine. I crawled into bed and inhaled the smell of the sheets. This is where I’m meant to be. This was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yes, I am still alive, but I just haven't had the motivation to write. This is probably the shortest chapter I've ever posted, but I'm gonna try to make the next one longer.

Also, almost 300 reads! I am in complete shock! Thank y'all so much, and I hope to be posting more frequently than I do!