Status: First story ever. I'm terribly sorry if it is horrible.

Give in to Sin

A Guardians Instinct

The rest of the class period was filled with Charlotte and her friends chatter and giggles, with the occasional threats from the teacher. I sit in the cafeteria at a table alone. I have forgotten how awful school lunches were compared to the extravagant feasts in heaven. I glance toward the ceiling without thought, as if I were looking to heaven.

“Hey new kid, watcha lookin at” her voice catches me off guard

“n…no…nothing” I stutter, taken by Charlotte and her friends sudden appearance

“So, I never got that name of yours.” She chomps loudly on a piece of pink bubble gum.

I take a deep breath. Knowing from prior experience it will be easier to watch over her if she were to accept me into her group of friends.

“'Michael” flawless I say, proud of my calm demeanor

“Cute name. I’m Charlie.” She smiles gesturing to all of her “And this is my bitch, Nikki” Nikki looks up from her cell phone with a bored smile.

“What the hell” I hear a load voice call from behind me.

I turn to see two guys walking toward us. They don’t exactly look like the type of kids Charlie should be hanging out with. I hadn’t realized that my guardian instinct was already setting in. This is fast I thought, fast for me at least normally it takes a few days for the guardian angel in me to come out.

“Who’s this lame-ass ?” one on them jokingly question as he sat between the girls.

“Cooper, Michael, Michael, Cooper” Charlie introduces us

“So this is where you two have been” the other one sits on the other side of Charlie he throws his arm around her and plants a kiss on her cheek.

An irritated look creeps across Charlie’s face “Sebastian, were you smoking”
“No, baby sis, of course not, you know me” his sarcastic tone is degrading

Charlie slaps his chest agitated “You know if you get caught…”

“Listen sis, if I get caught then you can say “I told you so” just chill” he laughs

“You should really listen to her” I say without thinking

“Stay out of it ass hole” he yells “This is shit I’m out, you coming or what” he says to Charlie

She smiles and flips him off. He storms off, without looking back.

“Damn Charlie Cat, that’s the fourth fight this week, what’s up with you two lately” Nikki says concerned

“Yeah, you okay” Cooper places a comforting hand on her shoulder

“Fine” she shakes off his hand and glances in the direction he had taken off.

A part of me wanted to lift her chin and tell her it was all going to be okay. That she just needed to forget him. There were better things out there than him. The other part of me wanted that longing look behind her eyes for him to come back, to be for me, but that could never happen. It was against the rules, against our code. If I were to cross the line, for only a second I would be cast out of heaven forever. I would be a part of the fallen. I thought to myself finishing my food.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy.