Status: Expect a new chapter this weekend! :D

I Left My Heart In Huntington Beach

Chapter 1

I sighed, adjusting my Minnie Mouse costume.
Four years of college and this is where I end up?
Standing in black stilettos, complete with knee high socks and Minnie Mouse ears,
staring at the annual Huntington Beach Library Halloween festival.

“Nicole, would you stop messing with your costume? You look hot!” My best friend Heather
giggled and grabbed my hand, pulling me closer towards the festival.

“Yeah right, you look amazing Heather.” I sighed staring at my friend. She was such a lucky bitch. I mean she was smart and beautiful, she had a rocking body, she was a ton of fun and everyone she met loved her! I was nothing like Heather. I wondered sometimes why she ever wanted to be my friend.

“Thanks, I really like this dress. I think I might start wearing it to work.” Heather said, staring down at her Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz dress.

“Oh god.” I smiled and rolled my eyes, linking arms with her. I was just about to step off the curb when a motorcycle sped by, almost running me over. I felt a sharp tug on my arm as Heather yanked me back onto the curb.

“Slow down asshole!!” I gasped, trying to regain my breath as Heather yelled after the man.

“Nicole are you okay?” She asked and grabbed my shoulders and looked at me with concern.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine let’s just get to our booth.” I sighed and looked both ways before taking another step off the curb.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~
“Listen kid, if you don’t stop your whining and take the darn key chain, I will make sure you don’t live to see next year’s Halloween!” Heather growled and shoved the key chain in front of the little boys face.

His eyes went wide and he grabbed the key chain, running away before Heather could say any more to him. I just laughed, shaking my head at her.

“What?” she smiled innocently at me, shrugging her shoulders.

“Heather, I think you made the poor kid wet himself.” I leaned out of the booth to see the
little boy clinging to his mom’s leg, eyes still wide in fear.

“Oh well. He was pissing me off.” I rolled my eyes. Heather was always very blunt.
If she didn’t like you, she’d tell you. And if you pissed her off…well then I was sorry for you, because you are were in for a world of hurt my friend. That is also something I don’t posses; the ability to stand up for myself.

“Well, you are about the sexiest mouse I have ever seen.” I was taken from my thoughts as a deep voice spoke.

I didn’t recognize the voice or the face. He was tall, about 5’8 it looked like. Even though the man was wearing a baggy leather jacket, I could still tell he was well fit. He had broad shoulders and a lean waist that seemed to taunt you. You wanted to just wrap your arms around that waist and cuddle into him. I shook my head, taking me out of my trance and hoping that he hadn’t caught me looking him over.

“Thanks.” I mumbled and rolled my eyes, stepping back into the booth.

“Hey, you’re the asshole that almost ran my friend over!” Heather pushed me aside and pointed a finger at the man. I looked over his shoulder, and sure enough there stood a black Harley Davidson. I averted my eyes to his face, to find him smiling at my friend.

“I'm sorry about that. I didn’t even see you guys. But if I had I would have stopped to let you cross.” His smile turned into a sexy smirk as he turned and was now staring into my eyes. Beautiful eyes too!

“You know you can’t park there, it’s a no parking zone.” I wanted to slap myself in the forehead. That’s all I could say to him?

“I’m not parking. Just stopping for a while.” His deep voice answered me, the smirk never leaving his face.

“Suit yourself.” I mumbled and raised my eyebrows.

“So what do you want Biker Boy?” Heather kept her glare on him, as he chuckled and shook his head. This guy didn’t seem to be phased by Heather at all. He turned his attention back to me.

“How do you play?” He had the kinda voice that sounded sexy even if he was just reading the phonebook. I furrowed my brows while looking at him, not quite sure what he was refereeing to.

“The game? You know the one your whole booth is about.” He chuckled and pointed at the booth; he must have caught onto my look.

“Oh right.” I shook my head, feeling my cheeks heat up. I had made myself look like a complete idiot in front of this guy, and it hasn’t even been 20 minutes.

“You get 3 baseballs and you throw them at the milk bottles. If you knock all of them down, you get a prize.”

Heather’s voice took me out of my thoughts as she explained the game to him and slammed 3 baseball’s down in front of him.

I felt her grab my hand and pull me aside so we wouldn’t get hit when Biker Boy went to throw. I wish I knew his name…

I watched him closely as he went to throw the first baseball. As he lifted his arm up, ready to throw, the hem of his shirt lifted up a bit, exposing his chiseled stomach. I bit my lip, wishing I could have seen more.

He threw the baseball; knocking down the stack of milk bottles with one throw. Damn. He turned and smirked at Heather and I. I wondered if his face would get stuck like that, that smirk forever present on his lips. If it did, I wouldn't mind.

“I won’t be needing these two.” The smirk still never left his face as he dropped the two baseball’s into Heather’s hand. She just grunted and turned on her heel to go pick up the fallen milk bottles.

“So what is my prize Minnie Mouse?”

“You get a mug or a key chain.” I smiled at him, still amazed he hit all of the milk bottles with one throw, as I held up both choices.

“What is that stupid design on them?” he squinted his eyes, taking the key chain into one of his hands.

“It’s the library’s logo.”

“The library has a logo?” he snorted.

“What’s wrong with that?” I furrowed my brows, suddenly annoyed with Biker Boy. I don’t understand how he can be so attractive, when he is such a jerk. Okay, a really attractive jerk.

“No, nothing’s wrong with that, it just seems weird.” He chuckled a little.

“So which would you like?” I kept the mug and key chain held up.

“You’re not offering a kiss?” he smiled mischievously at me, raising an eyebrow.

“Absolutely not.” I glared at him, a bit taken back he’d even dare ask me that. But then again,
he was a bad boy on a bike. And bad boys break rules…

“Too bad, I think I’d like that prize best.”

“Well all you’re getting is a key chain or a mug.” I sighed, frustrated that he wouldn’t just pick a darn prize

“It’s okay, I think I’ll pass on both and just wait for that kiss.” He tossed the key chain back to me.

Now you see, I was never good at sports. So as he tossed the key chain at me, I missed and let it fall directly down my top. Biker Boy reacted quickly to this and leaned over the booth, looking directly down at my barely covered boobs. This was a definite first for me at the annual Halloween festival.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I don't know if any of my past followers remember this story but I have decided to bring it back! I'm almost finished with the entire story and I would LOVE your guy's feedback :)