Status: Expect a new chapter this weekend! :D

I Left My Heart In Huntington Beach

Chapter 10

Nicole’s Pov:

I grunted as I stood on my tip toes, trying to get the new novel by Judy Blume on the top shelf. I mostly enjoyed my days at the library. But today seemed to be torture.

I just wanted to go home and eat a pop tart or wash my car, do something to get my mind off of Brian and that kiss at the party last night. It was the only thing that had been on my mind all day. And in a quiet place like the library, you have all the time in the world to dwell on the thoughts that cloud your mind. I hear the bell ding at the front of the library, which meant that someone had entered. Who the heck puts a bell in a library? Wasn't it supposed to be quiet?

I shook my head at my own thought. I didn't bother to turn my head. A ton of people had been coming in today, and after the 25th person or so, I stopped turning to see who it was.

“Want some help there?” I jumped as I heard a deep voice me and bumped into the bookshelf. All 30 books I had just finished stacking fell around me.

“Shit.” I whispered under my breath and crouched down to grab some of the books.
I didn’t even have to look at the face. There were only two people who came to annoy me at the library.

“What do you want Biker Boy?” I sighed and stood up, tossing the books onto the cart next to me.

“I just came to see my favorite mouse.” He chuckled and pinched my cheeks. I smiled a little and swatted his hands away.

“Thank you again for coming last night. I loved the boots by the way.” He smiled and lifted one of his legs up, showing me that he was wearing the boots I had gotten him.

“Aww, you're wearing them?” My smile grew wider as he nodded.

“Yeah, I love them.”

"Good."

It was quite for a few minutes. I stared into his chocolate orbs and he stared into my hazel ones. He lifted one hand up to my cheek and stroked it softly with his thumb. I held my breath as he leaned in closer. His lips lingered inches from mine, and I closed my eyes waiting to feel the familiar touch of his soft lips on top of mine.

“Nicole can you…oh, sorry.”

My eyes snapped open and I pushed Brian away. I looked down the aisle to see who had just called my name, but the person was already gone. I let out my breath and turned back to re-stacking the books.

“So um, what did you come here for anyways?” I asked after it grew quiet between us again.

“Oh, I was wondering if you could direct me to some books on painting. Tyler wants to paint
the inside of the bar a different color. But I have never painted anything in my life so, I need some reference.” He chuckled a little.

“Oh, I didn’t know you could read.” I smirked at him over my shoulder as he shook his head.

“Your lucky I love you or you’d be in big trouble Minnie Mouse.”

I froze. Did he just say he loved me? Does he mean it? I shook my head, deciding to forget about it and went back to putting the Judy Blume book back on the shelf.

“Yeah, I’ll get you some books on it, just let me finish putting these ones up.”

“Alright.”

And much to my surprise, he stood there quietly. I turned to my cart to grab another book and began trying to get it on the shelf. This book wasn't having it though. It did not want to be put on that shelf.

“Stupid book, get on the shelf.” I mumbled, standing up higher on my tip toes.

“Here.” Brian placed a balancing hand on the curve of my hip, his thumb brushing the bare
skin at my waist where my shirt separated from my jeans. “Let me help. What do you need?”

What did I need? Him. Touching me. Everywhere

I wanted him to tumble me onto the couch, or better yet, lift me onto the kitchen counter and have his way with me.

I glanced over my shoulder, fearful that what I was thinking might be written across my
forehead like some kind of neon sign. I stared at him, briefly glancing down at his lips, before forcing my eyes back up to his. His fingers branded my bare skin with their warmth as he moved me closer to him.

Was I going to get to feel his soft lips on mine this time with no interruptions? I was so wrapped up in Brian's eyes that I forgot for a few seconds that we were even doing this in the middle of the library.

I turned around in his arms as he snaked them around my waist. He pressed his lips to mine and moved them softly in sync with mine as the minutes went on.

Wait, no. This is what I had been thinking about the whole day! I wasn’t just gonna go around kissing him anymore and not have any idea of what it meant.

I sighed and pushed him away a little. “Brian, I can’t just keep kissing you like this.” As much as I wanted his kisses, I wasn’t going to be put under some category.

“What do you mean?” he titled his head a little.

“I mean, what does this make us? Do these kisses mean anything?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brian’s Pov:

I knew I’d have to deal with this day sooner or later. I didn’t want to admit it to myself that I was falling for Nicole. I never fell in love. There was too much crap that went along with it.
And did I really have the gift of commitment? Not that I knew of.

But if I didn’t want to hurt Nicole just because I was scared of commitment, then I must be falling for her, because you only care about someone’s feelings if you love them. Or think you love them.

“Um, well. I don’t really know.”

Of course I knew. I was just too much of a pussy to tell her. Hurt was immediately written across her face. What was I supposed to say? I think I am falling for you but I don’t think I can commit to you? Or how about I just tell her I’m rockstar like her ex-boyfriend James.
That one would really make her love me. She rolled her eyes and pushed me off her, quickly going back to re-stacking the shelves.

“Nicole wait, I just,"

“Save it.” She whispered harshly and turned to look at me with the same look she had given James that one day on the sidewalk.

“I should have known that a guy like you doesn’t commit.” She chuckled sarcastically and shook her head. This girl could read me like a book. No pun intended. Okay maybe a little.

“Nicole, that’s not it. Well it’s kind of it, but, ugh, it’s a long story.” She didn’t answer back, just stared at me.

“Can we please go somewhere where we can talk above a whisper?”

She sighed and looked down at her heels, clicking them together. Maybe she was contemplating whether or not to kick me in the balls with them. It would hurt, but I wouldn’t blame her. I deserved it. She ran a hand through her hair, looking unsure.

“Please, just let me explain Nicole.” I pleaded as I reached out and grabbed her hand.
I thought she would yank it away, but she didn’t. She let me rub my thumb on top of her palm and pull her closer to me.

“Okay. But I can only stay for 20 minutes. I gotta get back here.”

“Thank you.” I said louder than I should have. Everyone turned around to face us and a few even made shushing sounds at me.

“Sorry.” I whispered with a nervous smile before turning back to Nicole. “Ever ridden a Harley before?” I smirked at her, still holding onto her hand as we exited the library.

Her eyes grew a little wide as my bike came into sight.

“Don’t’ worry baby. Your in good hands.” I winked and tossed her my helmet.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nicole’s Pov:

I had been at Brian’s house for exactly 20 minutes now, and he still hadn’t said a word. I don't even think he had blinked. He just kept staring at the floor.

“Brian would you say something, please? I’m already late for work.” I said, looking up from my watch and resting my head in the palm of my left hand. He opened his mouth, then shut it. He opened it again just to shut it again and shake his head, sighing loudly.

“Brian, are you ok?” I stood from my seat and walked over to him, getting a little worried
about what he was going to say. If he ever opened his mouth!

He shook his head and simply grabbed both sides of my face, crashing his lips onto mine.

I was a bit taken back at first, but kissed him back. Come on, the man did things with his tongue that I never thought was possible. The kiss made me weak in the knees, my heart skip 20 beats, and my stomach go nuts with all the butterflies floating around in it.
He pulled away slowly from the kiss, leaving me breathless and confused.

“Nicole. I don’t want to be having these feelings for you. I have no idea what commitment is
and I don’t want to hurt you. I haven’t even known you for that long.”

Did I just hear correctly? Last time I checked, I had no super model body or looks.
And the outfit I was wearing today wouldn’t even impress a nun. I didn’t know what to say.
But was I willing to risk heartbreak if it turned out that Brian really couldn’t commit?

I couldn’t just base my answer on the fact that he was absolutely gorgeous, had an insane
amount of muscle on every part of his body, could make my knees grow weak with a simple
look and made me want to do things no librarian, let alone any women should ever think of doing. But he was looking at me with those eyes. He was giving me that smile and his soft hands were still resting on the sides of my face. I sighed, closing my eyes and set my hands on top of his.

“You, you make me want to do very, very bad things Biker Boy. And even though I’m scared of you and I have no idea what you are all about," I took a deep breath. "I want to find out.” I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me. "What about you?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Brian’s Pov:

Wow, Minnie Mouse has more balls than me. Maybe I could commit to just one person.
I mean if Nicole had had thismuch of an impact on me so far, imagine what could
happen if we were official. Maybe, she was different. Maybe I was different after all.

“Yeah, I wanna try.”

“Really?” A smile tugged at the corners or her beautiful lips as I nodded my head.

“Yeah.”

She attached her lips to mine and squealed a little as I picked her up without notice and carried her to the couch, softly tossing her down onto it. She broke away and rested her chin on my shoulder.

“Told you I’d get you in a vulnerable position Minnie Mouse.” I smiled down at her as she
just chuckled and shook her head.