Status: Expect a new chapter this weekend! :D

I Left My Heart In Huntington Beach

Chapter 11

Nicole’s Pov:

“Alright so these will be due back the 23rd, and the movies are due next week.” I smiled at the mom and her daughter as she anxiously grabbed the veggie tales movies and crafy books from my hands. They smiled back politely before making their way out the door.

I sighed as I stared out the window of the library as they walked away. It had been a painfully slow day, and all I could think about was Brian. This seemed to be becoming the case every day. I was usually always happy to be at the library. It was calm and peaceful, a great place to relax. I wasn’t confused, I just missed him. I’d rather be with him right now.
I was taken from my thoughts as a stack of books was slammed on the counter in front of me.

I looked up into the pair of brown eyes I had been thinking about all night and morning. How did I not see him come in?

“Brian!” I hissed as I saw everyone’s attention turned on us.

“What?” he smirked.

“Don’t what me, you can’t do that in a library. Its supposed to be quiet.” I whispered/hissed back. “And knock that stupid smirk off your face.” I pointed a finger at him before skimming through the books he had dropped in front of me.

“Painting? And business?” I looked up at him confused to see he had in fact knocked the smirk off his face.

“Remember I needed them for Tyler’s bar?”

“Oh, that’s right, I was supposed to help you get these. I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright, you can always make it up to me some other way.”

“Ha Ha, you’re so funny.” I rolled my eyes and scanned his library card. I ran the books over the scanner.

“I cannot believe you own one of these.” I chuckled to myself, staring down at his library card.

“What? I am very intellectual, you just haven’t let me show you yet.”

“Well I’m right here, show me.”

“Okay. Did you know, that gum does not actually stay in your system for 7 years?”

I couldn’t help but laugh.

"I bet you didn’t know that.” He pointed at me with a goofy smile on his face.

“Alright, I didn’t know that. I’ll give you that much.”

“Thank you.”

“Alright so these are due back the 23rd.”

“Alrighty.”

I smiled and handed him back his library card and the books.

“Are you busy?”

“No why?” I asked taking off my glasses.

“Wanna come help me paint with Tyler? He wants to get the bar done before Christmas, and with just the two of us, I don't think that's going to happen.”

“I don’t know, It's only me and Anne here today.”

“Babe, it doesn’t look too crazy here. Come on, please.” He reach over the counter to grab my hands as his lips pulled into a pout. I sighed and looked around. He was right, It wasn’t to hectic, and Anne was in the back doing nothing. She could get her lazy butt up here and do something!

“Alright, you got me with the puppy dog face.” I giggled as he smiled. “I’ll meet you outside okay.”

He nodded before grabbing his books and heading out the door. I put my glasses back on and logged off my computer before sneaking out from behind the counter and out the door. I smiled as I saw Brian leaning against the wall.

“Ready?”

I nodded as he lead us to a car.

“Where’s your bike?”

“I do own a normal motor vehicle.”

“Now your sounding intellectual!”

~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

“Tyler we have an extra set of hands!” Brian yelled as we entered the bar. This place did need some fixing-upping. And fast. It looked so dead compared to how it had looked on Halloween.

“Hey man, this is Nicole.” Brian wrapped an arm around my waist as a tall blond man came
over to us. He was about Brian’s height, and looked like he had just walked out of a surfing magazine.

“Hey, I’m Tyler, nice to meet you.” He smiled kindly and shook my hand.

“I’m Nicole, nice to meet you too.” I smiled back politely.

“The paint is back here if you guy’s wanna get started. And I think I might have an old shirt somewhere in the back for you to wear so you don’t have to worry about your outfit Nicole.”

I glanced down at my tailored pants, heels and white lacy blouse.

“Yeah, I don’t think I'm in the best painting clothes.” I chuckled a little.

“I think you look cute.” Brian whispered in my ear. My cheeks began to turn red.

“Alright, well let me go look.”

I lifted my hand and lightly smacked Brian’s ass as Tyler went up the stairs behind the bar.

“What was that for?” He demanded.

“I was making up for not checking out those books for you.”

“Oh heck no woman, you aren’t getting off that easy.”

“Darn it.” I snapped my fingers.

He chuckled and wrapped his arm tighter around my waist, turning me around and swiftly
attaching his lips to mine. This was definitely making up for the boring day I was having about 5 minutes ago.

“What was that for?” I asked as he slowly pulled away.

“What, am I not allowed to kiss my girlfriend?” He said and sweetly smiled down at me.

I smiled at his choice of words. Girlfriend. I liked how that sounded.

“Alright here you go Nicole.” I pulled away from Brian as Tyler came back down the stairs.

He tossed me a plain white shirt that was ripped at the sleeves. “I’m painting the kitchen at the moment, so you guys can either start at the bar or the restrooms.”

Brian and I looked at each other. “We’ll take the bar.” We said together.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Okay, now you owe me big time.” I grunted as we walked out of Tyler’s bar. Brian and I had just been at the bar painting for 5 hours straight. Now I kinda wish I would have stayed at the library.

“How so Minnie Mouse?”

“Well Biker Boy, my feet are killing me.” I snapped and looked down at my feet. I could hear them screaming at me. I had taken off my heels and they still hurt! Imagine if I had left my heels on.

“Aww I'm sorry baby.” He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

“You better be.” I smiled. Suddenly my feet didn't hurt so bad, and their screams had quieted. We climbed into his car as Brian started the ignition. I noticed after a few minutes that we weren’t going to my apartment.

“Where are we going?”

“I‘m taking you to my place.” Brian smiled as he never took his eyes off the road.

“Why?”

“Well you said I owe you one, so I thought we would go to my house and watch movies.”

“But I don’t have my pajamas.”

“I never said you could stay over.”

“ Oh. Well..I just thought,” I began to blush at my own embarrassment as I choked on my words. “You know it’s not a movie night without pajamas.” I huffed and crossed my arms, admitting defeat.

“I’m just kidding, of course you can sleep over.”

“No, I don’t think I want to now.” I smirked.

“Oh I think you’ll want to.” He winked at me before turning into the driveway and killing the
ignition.

Dammit. He was to good. I sighed and slipped on my heels before stepping out of the car.
As I stepped out of the car and planted my feet on the ground, my knees wobbled and I fell backwards, right onto my butt. I groaned and yanked off my heels, throwing them onto the lawn. I could hear Brian laughing at me. Why was I always so good at embarrassing myself in front of him?

“Screw you.” I pouted and swatted at his knees as he came over to me. He shut my door.

“Come here klutz.” I felt a strong pair of arms pick me up and carry me bridal style to the front door.

“Wait my heels!” I turned my head and reached out an arm as if that would magically make them come to me.

“We’ll get them later.” Bri mumbled, before fishing his keys out of his pocket and opening
the door with me still in his arms. He set me down gently. I looked around, suddenly becoming nervous. I felt like a 16 year old again, and I was being brought home to my boyfriend's mom and dad, wondering if they would like me or not. I had been in Brian’s house before, but we were alone this time.

I felt a breeze as Brian walked past me, tossing the keys onto the island in the kitchen. His house was beautiful. It was like a modern beach house. The shiny hard wood floors and marble counters looked like something out of Good Housekeeping,
and the couches looked so soft you were just dying to go jump on them. It even felt warm and cozy.

“Why are you just standing there?” He chuckled.

“I just really like your house.” I giggled as he came over to me and wrapped his arms
around my waist.

“Thank you.” He smiled before placing a soft kiss on my lips. “Wanna see what my bed looks like?” Before I could answer I was thrown over his shoulder as he ran up the winding staircase.

“Put me down! I've already seen your bed” I laughed and hit his butt as he kicked open a door. My request was granted as I soon felt a soft surface beneath me. I ran my hands over the soft sheets of the bed. Even his bed was comfy! The best shifted as Brian crawled on top of me.

“Alright good night.”

I laughed as he laid his head on my chest, pretending to snore.

“No, get up silly.” I giggled and poked his head.

He lifted his head and smiled at me before attaching his lips to mine. It wasn’t rough, just sweet.

“I love you.” I admitted pulling away.

“I love you to.” He smiled before setting his lips on top of mine once again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brian’s Pov:

I smiled as Nicole told me she loved me. It sounded nice. I liked it when she said that to me. And I meant it when I said it back, even though it felt weird. I guess I’m just not used to using those 3 words. Or meaning them. But it feels right when I say it to her.

“What are you thinking about?” Her soft voice took me out of my trance. I shook my those thoughts out of my head and got up off Nicole.

“Nothing, just thinking of which movie we should watch.”

“Oh, well what movie were you thinking of watching?” She smiled and sat up on her elbows,
her hair falling gracefully off her shoulders. I didn’t even want to watch a movie anymore, I just wanted to…

“Brian, did you hear me?”

“What?” I shook my head as she scooted closer to the edge of the bed and furrowed her
eyebrows at me.

“I asked what movie you were thinking of watching.”

"Whatever you want to watch."

“Um, how about Get Smart?” she smiled sweetly.

“Alright let me see if I have it.”

“You want me to go make popcorn or anything?”

“Sure.”

I opened up the DVD cabinet as I heard her footsteps disappear downstairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nicole’s Pov:

“Can I please have a pair of boxers at least?” I groaned as I stared at Brian, laying on the bed and smirking at me. He had let me borrow his DCMA t-shirt, but not a pair of boxers.

“No, remember you owe me?”

“Yeah, you owe me to!”

“Okay let’s make a deal."

"We make way to many deals, and I keep loosing."

"If you wear the shirt, then I will let you come lay in this big, comfy bed and cuddle with me.” He smiled innocently.

“No! I was going to do that anyways.”

He chuckled as he sat up and pulled back the sheets.

“Okay, how about I let you come lay down in this big, comfy bed and I will give you a foot rub.”

I hesitated. “Fine.” I sighed and walked over to the bed. I really wasn’t comfortable in just a t-shirt. I never walk around like this. But I really did need a foot rub.

I scooted to the back of the bed and rested against the headboard. I smiled at Brian as he moved to the edge of the bed and sat my feet in his lap. I began to giggle and squirm as he massaged them.

“What are you laughing about?” He chuckled and looked up at me.

“It tickles.” I tried to stop myself from giggling, but I couldn’t. Massages always made me squirm.

“Careful! Geez woman you almost kicked me in the face.”

“I'm sorry, we can just stop.” I pulled my foot back and set them under the sheets.

“I’m sorry, I'm not good at massages.” He chuckled as he climbed under the sheets next to
me.

“No, I just suck at getting massages.”

“Well how are you at cuddling?”

“I think I’m pretty good at that.” I smiled and rested my head on his chest as he wrapped his
arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

“So far, so good.”

I chuckled as he kissed the top of my head and pressed play on the remote.
The opening credits appeared on the screen. I don’t think I'm going to pay much attention to the movie though…

The opening scene began to play when a face suddenly blocked my view and my chin was lifted up, a pair of familiar warm lips working their magic on mine.

I knew it.