Status: Expect a new chapter this weekend! :D

I Left My Heart In Huntington Beach

Chapter 20

Nicole’s Pov:

I groaned as the sun hit my face. I slowly sat up and pushed my damp hair out my face. I gasped and grabbed my head. It felt like someone had beaten me with a hammer in my sleep. My entire body ached and I could tell that I needed shower, pronto.

I turned, hoping to see Brian lying beside me, but he wasn’t there. Just the crease in bed sheets of where he had once lay. I sighed, holding my head tighter. I tired to remember last night, but nothing was coming back to me.

I turned to get up from the bed. I needed that shower. I had never felt so dirty in my entire life. I hoped that Brian and I hadn’t done anything last night. Because when we finally did, I wanted to remember it. There was a knock at the door. I sighed and stood from the bed, my body begging me to just lay back down. I opened the door to reveal Brian.

“Well good afternoon sleeping beauty.” Brian smiled and kissed my forehead. Afternoon? I went over to the bed to check the clock on the nightstand, sure enough it was 1:00. Wow, I’d never even slept past 9:00.

“I got you some breakfast.” Brian raised a bag and set it on the coffee table.

“Thanks.” I smiled a little. As I bent down to sit on the couch I felt a spasm of pain in my lower back. I jumped, cursing under my breath. It felt like a bee had stung me and was beginning to itch like crazy. I hissed as my head began pounding. What the hell happened last night? I sighed and decided I would ignore the pain. I slowly lowered myself onto the couch. Brian came over after a few minutes, taking a seat next to me.

I reached into the bag, chuckling a little to myself when I pulled out a burrito. Brian stood up, pulling something out of his pocket.

“Here, take this,” He said as he sat back down. He held out a little plastic package, the front reading ‘Advil’. “Your head will thank you.”

I eagerly took the pill, glad that my headache would be soon be gone. Brian turned on the TV and pulled another burrito out of the bag as he hoisted his legs up onto the table. He began flipping through channels. Not much was on. He lingered on Spongebob for a minute, before settling on Family Guy. Spongebob reminded me that I needed to give Shauna a call when we got home. I wanted to see how her and Bella were doing. I wished Shauna would leave Rick, she deserves so much better than him and Bella definitely deserves a way better father.

“Nicole, I love you, but you need a shower.” Brian chuckled, pretending to scoot farther away from me.

“Hey!” I giggled a little and smacked his arm.

He scooted closer, laying his head on my shoulder. “I had fun last night.”

“Me too.” I said, kissing the top of his head. He still smelt amazing, like last night hadn’t even happened for him.

“What came over you?”

“What do you mean?”

“It was like you were a completely different person.” I could hear the smirk in his voice as he removed his head from my shoulder. I smiled a little, not really knowing what to say to that.

“So what are our plans today?” I asked after a few moments of silence.

“I was gonna take you shopping.” He answered, not taking his eyes off the TV.

“Shopping?”

“Yeah. You don’t like shopping?”

“No, I do, it’s just an odd thing to do in Vegas.”

“Well I’m taking you, so go take a shower.”

Following his orders, I took one last bite of my burrito before setting it back in the takeout box and walking off towards the bathroom.

I lifted my shirt over my head, squeezing my eyes as the pain in my lower back returned. I reached my hand around. There was something covering my lower back, it felt like plastic. I felt around a bit more until I felt a piece of tape. I pulled it off quickly, reaching to the other side and pulling that piece of tape off as well. I held the mysterious object in front of my face. It was a piece of plastic, tape on both ends.

I felt my lower back, not feeling anything else down there. It must’ve accidentally stuck to me last night when I changed into a new pair of pajamas I brought on the trip with me.

“Huh,” I muttered, before tossing the piece of plastic in the trash and stepping into the shower

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Ha ha, your real funny Biker Boy.”

“All I’m asking is that you at least try them on.” Brian smiled innocently, holding the box containing a pair of high heeled leather boots that ended at about your thigh, in front of my face.

“No, I already got the thongs and that stupid corset.” I retorted, pointing to the pile of clothes that sat next to him on the pink bench in the dressing room.

He sighed, taking the box from my hands and setting it beside him.

“Fine, but I’m still buying them.” He smirked at me.

“Whatever, but I’m not wearing them.” I chortled, poking his nose. “When are we going to shop at a store that I actually like.”

“You don’t like this store?” He pouted a little.

“Brian we’re in Hustler!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

“Hey, don’t judge a book by it’s cover.”

“I’m judging it by it’s inside. Brian there’s nothing in here I would wear. Seriously, your lucky I‘m even buying those thongs.”

“Baby, the thongs look amazing on you.” He smiled a little and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me in closer. If we weren’t inside a dressing room I would object to this, but since we were, it was fine by me. He looked just as good today as he had last night.

“They better have.” I chuckled a little, planting my lips on top of his. He pulled away after a few moments, much to my disappointment, and nestled his face in the crook of my neck. I shivered as he exhaled, his breath running down my neck. I removed my arms from around his neck and took a step back. I had to fight these feelings, or I was going to do something that I would regret. Well, maybe not exactly regret, but I wouldn’t be too happy with myself.

“Alright, get your clothes on and we’ll go find a Macy’s or something.” He said, handing me my jeans.

“No, I don’t want to go shopping anymore. I’m tired and my feet are starting to hurt. Let’s just go back to the hotel and go in the Jacuzzi or something.” I replied, pulling on my jeans and slipping into my flip flops.

“That sounds nice.” He noted, with a nod of his head. I kissed his cheek before setting the corset and thongs in his arms and opening the dressing room door, stepping out into the hallway.

“Aww you guys are leaving so soon?”

I jumped as the girl working in the dressing room area strutted over to Brian and I in a pair of heels that were so high, not even a stripper would wear them. I bit my lip, trying to stop the string of cuss words that were begging to be let out.

This girl had to have been Barbie’s sister ni, cousin even. She was beginning to annoy the crap out of me; she’d been eying Brian since we got here. I bit my lip a bit harder as she set one of her perfectly manicured hands on Brian’s shoulder, slowly running it down his arm.

“Yeah, sorry.” Brian chuckled a little, staring down at her hand which was now making its way back up his arm.

“Well come back soon!” She giggled a little before squeezing Brian’s nose. I grunted, grabbing Brian’s hand and yanking him out of the dressing room area.

He really needed to stop being so damn gorgeous.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brian’s Pov:

“I can’t believe this is our last night in Vegas already.” Nicole yelled through the closed bathroom door.

I nodded to myself, finally realizing that this would be the last night Nicole would ever want to be around me. Tomorrow I would tell her everything and just hope for the best. Nicole was a nice person. And even though I expect her to be mad, I hope she will understand someday and forgive me.

I shook my head as I thought back to James. I wasn’t anything like James, I knew that for a fact. I would never just up and leave her, even if it was to pursue my dreams. This thought reminded me that Nicole did seem to hold grudges, but our situation wasn’t as bad as theirs was, at least in my mind.

I was taken from my thoughts as the bathroom door opened. Nicole wrapped a towel around her body. She looked timid as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail and slipped on her flip flops. I chuckled a little and grabbed the room key and a towel before exciting the room behind her.

When we got down to the pool we noticed we were the only ones there, which I was thankful for and not really surprised by. It was already 9:00. Nicole and I had walked the entire strip both ways and done some shopping. Even though my feet were killing me, I was happy to see that she had enjoyed herself. At least I could give her one last day of happiness before she found out who I really was.

I stepped quickly into the Jacuzzi, sighing as the heat over took my body, instantly relaxing me. I looked up to see Nicole slip off her flip flops and slowly drop her towel. My eyes trailed down her body, not really believing that was the body that had been hiding under those librarian clothes this whole time. She was beautiful, something girls could look up to. She wasn’t some twig, she had curves and thighs, she was more real than anything you would ever see in a magazine.

She stared at her feet as she walked over to the Jacuzzi, slowly stepping in. I could see the goosebumps beginning to form on her body. Why was she acting so shy tonight? Didn’t she realize what her every move was doing to me?

I swam over to her as she sat down, wrapping my arms around her bare waist. She smiled a little, wrapping her arms around my neck as my lips connected with hers.

“What are you thinking about?” She asked, pulling away from the kiss. Great, I’m going to have to lie to her on our last night together.

“I’m thinking about how much I’ve enjoyed your company.”

“I’m glad I came, I kinda like Vegas.” She chuckled.

“Good.” I smiled before setting my lips on top of hers. She set her hands on the back of my head, lightly tugging on my hair as she deepened the kiss. I let out a soft moan, trying to capture every second of this moment, knowing that it could possibly be all I had left once I told her everything tomorrow. She wrapped her legs around my waist, pulling me in closer than I already was.

I was beginning to understand what she wanted as she began running her hands up and down my arms. It didn’t feel right though. I couldn’t do this, as much as every part of my body was aching to do so. I couldn’t. Tomorrow I’d tell her everything, and if I had sex with her tonight she’d end up hating me even more. Oh god, was I actually being considerate?

I pulled away with a sigh, earning a groan from Nicole. I turned my head to the side as she leaned in for another kiss.

“What’s wrong?” She whispered. I kept my gaze down at my lap, not able to look her in the eyes.

“Nicole, this just isn’t the right time,” I murmured.

“What do you mean? I’m ready Brian, I want to.” She set two fingers underneath my chin, forcing me to look her in the eyes. “Is this about something else?”

“Nicole, this just isn’t the right place and time.” I sighed, looking away again and wishing she would just understand. I didn’t want to hurt her anymore. “If we have sex, you’re going to regret it tomorrow, I know it.”

She removed her arms from around my neck and let her legs drop. “Well, are we going to do it someday?”

I tried my best to smile and nod. I was afraid to speak, positive that my voice would crack. I hope there would be a someday. A someday that Nicole and I could be together, free of lies and nothing to hide; everything perfect.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nicole’s Pov:

“Alright, I’ll see you in a little.” I set my hands lightly on Brian’s cheeks as he pressed his lips to mine once more before following Zacky to his car and driving off down the road.

I smiled to myself for a moment, before turning around and walking up the stairs behind Heather. I thought back to last night, and how thoughtful Brian was. Never in my life did I think he would actually think about my feelings and decide to wait to have sex. I was falling in love with Brian, a little more each day.

“Heather, thank you so much for helping me bring my luggage back in.” I said, not believing that Heather wasn’t being her usual lazy self. Maybe Zack was beginning to change her like Brian was doing too me.

“No worries.” She grunted as we reached the top of the stairs and set the suitcase on the floor.

Setting the other suitcase down at my feet, I stepped in front of Heather to unlock the door to my apartment. I giggled as Heather took a deep breath before bending over and picking up the suitcase.

“Alright, Nicole I think it’s time to invest in a suitcase with wheels.” She chuckled, breaking into a little run and tossing the suitcase on my couch before she dropped it. I shook my head, before bending over and picking up the other one. I sighed as I entered my apartment. I was a little sad that Snickers hadn’t run out to greet me, I had missed her over the past days. I hoped that Brian’s friend Johnny had taken good care of her.

Heather leaned against the side of the couch and rested her hand over her heart, like something had jumped out and scared her. As I turned to set my suitcase down by the door, I could feel my shirt begin to ride up.

“Oh my god, Nicole what’s that on your back?” Heather yelled.

I jumped, startled and looked over my shoulder, trying to see what Heather was talking about.

“What, what’s on my back?.”

“What the hell did you and Brian do after you left the club?” She gaped, lifting my shirt further up and staring at my lower back. Her eyes wide, but a little smile on her face.

“Heather what the hell is on my back?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brian’s Pov:

I stared out the window as the radio played softly in the background. Today was the day. And it came sooner than I wanted it too. In just a few hours I would tell Nicole everything. I wasn’t expecting her too forgive me anytime soon, but I hoped she would someday. Then we could start a new, better, healthier relationship that contained nothing but honesty.

“So are you still going to tell her bro?” Zack asked, as if he had been listening in on my thoughts. I had told Zack my plan over the phone last night while Nicole was sleeping.

I tore my gaze away from the window and turned my head to look at Zack. I nodded.

“Yeah. I have too dude, I can’t keep lying to her. It’s killing me.” I admitted, shaking my head. My stomach churned with anxiety just thinking about telling her. At least my conscious would finally leave me alone.

“I know you’ve lied to her this entire time too protect her. You’re a good guy Brian, and I know you love her. I bet she loves you even more.” He smiled at me before pulling up into the driveway and killing the engine.

I smiled a little as well. I did love Nicole. She’d become a big part of my life. I just wish I didn’t have to ruin everything now. I stepped out of the car, making sure to lock the door before I shut it. Zack popped open the trunk and began pulling out the suitcases.

I jogged over, not wanting him to do all the work. I pulled the last one out of the trunk before shutting and locking it. I picked up two of the suitcases, following Zack up to the door. He set one down to fish the keys out of his pocket.

He stuck the key in the door, turning it until we both heard it click. He removed the key and pushed the door open with his foot. I followed behind him, setting the suitcases down on the floor before shutting the door.

“Hey I can unpack these if you want.” Zack offered, pointing towards the pile of suitcases.

I shook my head. “No I can help.” I didn’t want to tell Nicole yet, I wasn’t ready. Even though I felt my conscious ripping me into pieces, screaming at me to just suck it up and tell her. I felt like I was 15 again, trying to ask out that hot girl on the cheerleading squad that was never going to give me the time of day.

“Brian you have to tell her sometime. The longer you wait, the worst it‘s going to get.” Zack responded, shaking his head a little. I wondered how it could possibly get any worse.

I opened my mouth to speak, but was cut off by my phone ringing. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, looking at the caller I.D.

It was Nicole.