Status: Expect a new chapter this weekend! :D

I Left My Heart In Huntington Beach

Chapter 19

Nicole’s Pov:

“Shoot.” I murmured, grabbing a tissue and wiping away the eyeliner I had just smeared underneath my eye. I was terrible at this make-up stuff. Where was Heather when I needed her?

“Babe, are you almost ready?” Brian asked and knocked on the door.

“Yeah.” I threw away the tissue as the bathroom door opened. I turned to see Brian leaning against the door frame, his arms crossed and his usual smirk on his face. He wasn’t wearing anything special, just a t-shirt and jeans. But he looked good. Really, really good.

“Are you having make-up malfunctions?” He queried. I pouted and nodded my head. He chuckled and uncrossed his arms, moving towards me. “Sit on the counter.” He ordered.

I furrowed my brows and shook my head, trying to remove the dirty thoughts that unwillingly popped into my head. Brian must have either read my mind or thought I was saying no.

“I’m not going to try anything, it’s so I can see better under the light.” He grabbed my sides, lifting me up with ease and setting me down on the cold marble top counter. I gasped as he pushed my legs open and stood between them. He was warm, and I felt that in places that I shouldn’t have felt it in. He smelled so good too, and just the way his hair looked was making me feel all warm and squishy inside.

He removed the eyeliner from my fingers and stared intently at my left eye. “Hold still,” He murmured, pressing his warm hand to my cheek, trying to hold my face steady. I found myself taking advantage of this moment to stare into his eyes. Those eyes were magical. It was like finding the truth of life, or why the sky was blue. Well, maybe not the last one, but it was something I should be doing more often. He pulled away after just a few seconds and capped the eyeliner, setting it down next to me on the counter.

“That was fast.” I said, a little disappointed that he was already done. I didn’t want to have to tear my gaze away from those gorgeous eyes.

Handsome and does make-up better than a woman. There were so many things this man could do better than me. He nodded before setting his other hand on my right cheek and pulling my lips onto his. I smiled a little and wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to pull him closer than he already was. He let out a deep groan before wrapping my legs around his waist and carrying me out of the bedroom and into the bedroom.

I pulled away to take a quick breath and felt the softness of the bed’s comforter beneath me. Brian’s lips quickly reattached themselves to mine. I knew I should have stopped this before it went any further, but part of me didn’t want to. My brain screamed no but every inch of my body was screaming yes!

The kiss began getting more heated as Brian pushed us farther up the bed, his lips now attacking my neck. I bit my lip trying to suppress the moan I felt crawling up my throat and begging to be let out into the room. I lifted my eyes to meet Brian’s as he smiled a little before running his warm hands under my dress and running them over my thighs. I groaned and yanked his face towards mine, shoving my lips a bit harshly onto his.

I didn’t know why I was acting like this, I didn’t know I was capable of acting like this. It surprised me, but I wasn’t afraid of it. It felt natural and easy with Brian. I ran my hands under his shirt, amazed at how soft and warm every part of his body seemed to be. I felt him growing more and more excited as the minutes passed. I moaned into the kiss as I felt his hands at the top of my underwear, hooking his fingers underneath the waistband. He groaned as my hands ran down his stomach, reaching the hem of his shirt, about to pull it off when a loud knock rang throughout the room. I jumped, knocking Brian off me and onto the floor.

“Fuck!” He yelled, rubbing his head and glaring towards the door.

“Oh my gosh, Brian are you okay?” I asked, crawling to the edge of the bed. He sighed and looked up at me, still rubbing his head.

“No. Now I’m horny and injured.”

I chuckled a little before standing from the bed and helping him up off the floor. There was another knock.

“I’m coming!” Brian snapped. I kissed the back of his head before he walked to the front door. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, surprised at my actions and a bit frustrated with whoever interrupted us. I readjusted my underwear and patted down my hair before walking out into the living room. Heather, Zack, Matt and Jen all stood there, talking quietly with Brian.

Heather turned to look at me, probably catching me out of the corner of her eye.

“No they weren’t doing anything, her dress is still on.” Heather said, chuckling a little. I blushed and stared down at my heels, shuffling back into the bedroom to grab my purse. I groaned and smacked my forehead once I was back in the bedroom.

How could I have been so stupid? How could I have let us gotten so far? I should’ve just left out the eyeliner, I didn’t need it that bad anyway. I took a deep breath and sat down on the bed, resting my head in my hands. I couldn’t believe I was just about to have sex with Brian.

There was a knock on the door. I was tired of knocking, it was ruining everything. I lifted my head out of my hands and looked up at who was standing at the door. It was Jen.

“Hey, Brian sent me in here. He was wondering if you were ready to go.” She smiled sweetly at me, her perfectly white teeth gleaming. This woman was so beautiful it was painful.

“Yeah, I’m ready.” I tried my best to smile as I slung my purse over my shoulder and stood up. She smiled at me once more before turning on her heels and walking back out into the living room. I was going to have fun tonight. I was going to show Heather and everyone else that I wasn’t who they thought I was. I was going to be something better, something sexier than myself. Something that was not my usual self.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Thank you.” Brian smiled and nodded at the waiter as he walked away carrying our menus. We decided that we would get some dinner before we went out and explored the strip. I was excited. This was my first time in Vegas, I had a man on my arm that was practically sex on legs, and I felt…hot. It was like something had exploded in me, like I had been reborn. I had so much confidence, and an urge to do things to Brian that no human being should ever even think of doing.

Brian grabbed his soda, leaning back in his seat as he took a sip from it. I smiled a little to myself, my devious side kicking in. I scooted myself closer to him, lifting my hand and placing it on his thigh. I saw him stare at me out of the corner of my eye. He turned his head away. Keeping the smirk on my face the best I could, I lightly began running my hand up his thigh, lingering my hand dangerously close to his package. I lightly ran my hand over it before brushing my hand up and down his leg a few times. I tried my best to stifle my laugh as he jumped and spit his soda back into his cup.

Everyone stopped their conversations and looked over at him with concerned expressions as he began coughing.

“Woah, dude you alright?” Zack asked, pushing his glass of water in front of Brian.

Brian nodded and held up one hand while the other one covered his mouth as he continued coughing. I pat him on the back hoping it would help. Geez I didn’t mean to literally kill him. He slowly took a sip of water. I patted his back one more time before crossing my legs and playing with my straw, hoping no one had seen me. Which I doubt they did, Zack and Heather hadn’t shut up since we got here and Matt and Jen hadn’t stopped staring into each others eyes.

He recovered after a few seconds, leaning back into his chair. I looked over at him to see him glaring at me. I winked at him before turning my attention to the waiter who had just arrived with our food.

Luckily this time our waiter was a guy, who had no interest in Brian or any of us. I scooted a little further away from Brian --afraid what his revenge might be-- before I picked up my fork and began eating. Vegas was loud. Louder than any place I think I’d ever been in my entire life. But it gave off a vibe, like you knew you were stepping into different territory. Vegas just made you feel…different.

“So guys, I was thinking that since this is my only night of fun I’m allowed to have on this trip, I was wondering if you guys wanted to hit a club or something.” Jen smiled, crossing her hands in front of her and looking around at all of us.

“I’m down.” Heather raised her hand.

“I go wherever she goes.” Zack chuckled, nodding towards Heather who kissed his cheek in response.

Jen turned to Brian and I. I didn’t want to admit to everyone, especially Heather, that I didn’t know what a club was. Was it like a club of friends where you talk about your jobs and lives? Or was it some kind of beautiful club that Jen was a part of? If that was the case, I wouldn’t be allowed to join that club. Guess our bad girl revival plan has already hit a bump in the road.

“Um, yeah. Sure, I guess we’ll tag along.” Brian smiled at Jen while pointing between him and I. I stared at him for a few seconds, wondering why he had just made my decision for me. But I decided to not worry about it. It wasn’t worth fighting over and nothing was going to ruin my time tonight.

I cleared my throat before setting down my fork and picking up my glass, taking a sip from it. An odd silence fell between us as we all ate our meals. I was trying to think of what this club could possibly be. The only clubs I knew were the ones you could be a part of in high school, which I never participated in. I didn’t really get those things, they were just more work and time commitments and you got your picture in the yearbook. Whoopdi-do.

The silence continued after we finished our meals. But, to give Zack and Heather the benefit of the doubt, the only reason they weren’t talking was because they were too busy shoving their tongues down one anothers throat.

Our waiter came back, saving us from the silence and cleared away our table, setting the check in the middle of it. Brian and Matt both reached for it.

“Dude, we invited you guys to come along. Let me get it.” Matt smiled, showing his dimples.

Brian waved a hand. “No, let me pay for it please. You guys didn’t have to let us come and barge in on your mini vacation.” Jen chuckled a little and ran a hand down Matt's humongous tattooed arm.

“Baby, why don’t you guys just split the check.” Her soft voice rang throughout the table.

Matt nodded and set his half down before pushing it in front of Brian. I snatched my purse from underneath the table, hoping I would be quick enough to grab some money out of my wallet before Brian caught me and told me no.

I frantically unzipped my wallet, reaching for the first piece of money I could get my hands on. It was a 20, that should be enough to cover my meal. I cleared my throat, trying to look auspicious, before setting it lightly down on top of Matt’s amount of money. I smiled a little, feeling victorious that Brian hadn’t caught me, and set my wallet back in my purse. I set it over my shoulder, crossing my hands in my lap and looking around the restaurant. I was glad that we weren’t the only ones dressed up, I think I had only seen 4 people in jeans since we got here.

“Matt, this is 70. You only had to put in 50.” Brian chuckled, handing my 20 back to him.

“That’s not my 20, I only put 50 there.” I could see them exchanging the 20 back and forth from the corner of my eye. Brian was about to hand it back, when he stopped. He leaned back in his seat and sighed. Matt shook his head and turned to talk to Jen.

I gulped, trying to steady my hand as I reached out for my glass. I could see Brian inching closer to me, the 20 tightly in his hands. I took a sip just as his lips connected with my temple. His breath tickled my neck and his smell was intoxicating. My hand trembled as I set my glass back down on the table.

“Nicole,” He whispered, sending shivers down my spine.

I turned slowly, meeting his gaze. The earlier events that had happened in the bedroom ran through my mind and I suddenly found myself wishing we were back in the room. Or at least the only ones in this restaurant.

“Yes,” I whispered back, wondering why I didn’t stare into Brian’s eyes like this everyday.

“Is this your 20?” He smirked, holding it up in front of my eyes. I shook my head, forgetting how to speak. He chuckled and shook his head a little. He sat back only a inch, and folded the bill in half. He held it up in front of me and leaned back in.

“I’ll give this back to you if you work for it.” The smirk remained present as he sat back, stuffing the bill in his pocket and setting his money on top of Matt’s. Work for it? I wasn’t doing his laundry. Or his dishes.

The waiter returned and took the check from Brian’s hand, thanking all of us and wishing us a good night. I stood from my seat following close behind Jen and Matt. I was too anxious too be around Brian, and vulnerable. I was ready to rip his shirt off and throw him on any sort of hard surface that would support two people.

A shiver went up my spine as I felt a hand on the small of my back. It was Brian. He kept his gaze straight, absolutely clueless of what he was doing to me. Every move he made created visions that ran through my head and made my knees weak. I had never wanted someone so badly in my entire life.

“You look wonderful tonight, I think I may have forgotten to tell you that.” Another shiver. He needed to stop whispering, I was so close to ignoring every moral I’d had.

I smiled at him, hoping my voice would work. “Thanks.”

Not as steady as I wanted it to come out, but it’s a start. He smiled back before setting the rest of his arm around my waist, pulling me into his side. I tried taking deep breaths to calm myself. But they didn’t really work. There was no reversing the damage he had already done, now I just needed to act upon it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Here you go babe.” I scooted over in the booth as Brian sat down next to me, setting my drink in front of me and taking a sip from his.

“What did you get me?” I stared at the cup, wishing I hadn’t said surprise me. I should have just got a sprite.

“It’s just beer Nicole.” He chuckled and held it closer to my face. “Take a sip, it’s not going to kill you.”

I sighed and did as he ordered. It wasn’t bad. The after taste wasn’t to good but it was fine. I set it back down on the glossy table in front of me and looked around the club. I had been informed on the way here what a club exactly was. It sounded fun, but when I got here and noticed how dark and loud it was, it didn’t seem so fun anymore. I think I just needed to loosen up. Everyone else seemed to be having a good time. Heather and Zack haven’t left the dance floor once.

The booth we were in was amazing. We seemed to be a bit secluded from everyone else. I wondered if everyone got to sit in these, but I was beginning to notice that we were the only ones. I was about to ask Brian how we got this booth, but Jen spoke before I could.

“Nicole, do you wanna dance?” She reached over the table and grabbed my hand, smiling at me.

“Oh, I don’t know,” I shook my head a little.

“Oh come on, it’ll be fun.” She kept her perfect smile on her face. I sighed and nodded. Brian got up so I could step out of the booth. I stared at him for a quick second before Jen grabbed my hand and pulled me over to where Heather and Zack were.

The whole floor seemed to be vibrating from the loudness of the music. Heather and Zack smiled at us before Jen grabbed my other hand and held them both in the air as she lowered her head and moved her hips. I took a deep breath and decided to follow her, hoping I didn’t make a complete fool of myself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brian’s Pov:

I chuckled a little watching Nicole and Jen. Nicole looked so lost. Her innocence was really cute sometimes. I was still a bit shaken up after what happened at dinner. That wasn’t like Nicole at all. I wonder what came over her.

I grabbed Nicole’s glass, finishing her beer. I leaned back in the soft booth, setting my on the back of the booth. The club owner had hooked us up because he recognized that we were Avenged Sevenfold. I was glad Nicole hadn’t questioned how we got this booth, I didn’t want to have to lie to her. Especially since this would probably be the last time we’d be together.

“I like her Gates.” Matt said, his voice interrupting my thoughts.

I furrowed my brows at him, not really understanding what he was talking about.

“Nicole.” He pointed to the dance floor. “I like her, she’s a good girl for you.”

“Thanks.” I smiled a little and nodded my head. She was changing me. But I think it’s in a good way. “I love Jen dude.”

Matt chuckled. “Thanks. She’s really great man. I mean she’s hard working, she’s smart and funny and she’s absolutely gorgeous on top of all that. I think I love her.” Matt turned his attention to the dance floor and smiled. My smile dropped a little.

I was jealous of Matt. Why couldn’t I have that relationship, a relationship that’s full of truth instead of lies. A relationship that’s full of promises and for sure feelings, not questioning. I continued to stare at him for a few seconds, before downing my beer and getting up to get another one.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nicole’s Pov:

I held onto Jen’s hand for dear life as she lead us through the crowd. Heather grabbed onto my hand as Jen tried to get us through the crowd of people and to the bar. Finally making it out of the crowd, we ended up in front of the bar. The bartender smiled at Jen as she approached him.

“4 shots please!” she yelled over the music as best as she could. The bartender nodded and slung a towel over his shoulder as he set four shot glasses on the counter. I bit my lip, wondering if I could do this. I didn’t drink alcohol to much. I don’t think I even had a drink on my 21st birthday.

Jen handed us our drinks and sat down on one a stool. I followed her lead. I could hear Heather and Zack trying to talk about something, but I couldn’t hear exactly what they were saying. I couldn’t even hear my own dang thoughts, the music was so loud I wondered if it was even legal. Oh god, I sound like such a grandma.

I sighed and set my cheek in my hand. Jen must have somehow heard me.

“Are you having fun Nicole?”

“Yeah.” Liar, your such a liar.

“Then what’s wrong?” Am I really that easy to read, or is everybody psychic?

“I don’t know, Brian just looks so bored.” I looked over my shoulder, the booth coming into view. Brian threw his head back and laughed at something Matt had said. I guess he was just bored when I was around.

“Well why don’t you ask him too dance? Just let loose girl, have some fun.” She patted my shoulder and smiled a little.

She’s so right. I thought I was supposed to be different tonight. Had the magic of Vegas already worn off? I was supposed to be something better of myself tonight, something that wasn’t myself. I picked up my shot glass, clinking it with Jens and downing the contents of it in a fraction of a second. Maybe tomorrow I’ll go back to my old self. But not tonight.

I reached behind me and grabbed Heather’s glass, downing her shot as well. She glared at me. I saw her mouth open, but I didn’t hear any words come out. I slammed my glass down on the table, jumping from my bar stool and trying to make my way to our booth.

When I arrived, Matt was the first to notice my presence. He turned his gaze to me, a little smile on his face, making Brian turn his head as well. He smiled and wrapped an arm around my waist. I smirked at him before grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the booth. Holding his hand I yanked him to the dance floor. He didn’t object, but I could tell he was confused. I lead us to the middle of the room. Everyone’s body heat instantly radiated off them and onto us. A million different scents mixed in the air, making the entire place smell like sweat, booze and perfume.

I yanked my hair out of it’s high pony, tossing the scrunching behind my back and shook out my hair. I lifted my eyes to stare at Brian. His gaze fixed on my every move. I smiled a little, grabbing the collar of his shirt and pulling him in towards me.

He smirked at me. I wasn’t good at this dancing thing, but the tequila was beginning to make me think otherwise. What the hell, here goes nothing. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around Brian’s neck as his found their way around my waist.

I smiled a little and mimicked the movements I had seen Jen make earlier. Brian didn’t pull away or object, so I figured I was doing something right. I opened my eyes to see Brian slip my 20 into my bra. I chuckled a little as he kissed up my neck, stopping just underneath my ear.

“I think you’ve earned it.”

I took a deep breath, turning my head to meet Brian’s warm, soft lips and let the atmosphere, and the tequila, take me over.