Status: Expect a new chapter this weekend! :D

I Left My Heart In Huntington Beach

Chapter 8

Nicole’s Pov:

I couldn’t get my mind off of Brian’s kiss. I mean first kisses weren’t supposed to be sweet. They were supposed to be, well awkward. But the sultry taste and touch of him instantly went to my head, and made me dizzy with desire. I now knew what Brian’s smile tasted like…and that changed everything.

For me.

But was it the same for him?

“Nicole we have been shopping all day and you’ve yet to tell me about yours and Biker Boy’s kiss.” I sighed little and rolled my eyes. Heather had been bothering me all day about my kiss with Brian. I guess Brian hadn't told Heather about our kiss, but he had told Zach who, of course, told Heather.

“Yeah, well if I never would have lost that stupid bet it never would have happened, trust me.” I mumbled as I picked up a beige shirt and began looking at it. I had way to much beige, maybe I should start buying more black like Heather.

“Are you falling for him?”

“Do I look that stupid?” I said, setting the shirt back on the rack and turning around.

“Hey, I was just asking.” Heather raised her hands.

“If I’m stupid?”

“No, if your falling for Brian.” She rolled her eyes and tossed a pair of tube socks in our basket.

“Well I'm not. Despite the fact that he is an awesome kisser.” I couldn’t help but blush a bit.

“He is huh?”

“That’s hardly a surprise to me though. He's probably had tons of experience.” I chuckled to myself. I bet the man had slept with more woman than Gene Simmons. It was silent for a few moments as we continued to browse the store.

“So what did you and Zack do?” I asked, finally deciding to break the silence.

“The usual.” Heather simply replied, not even lifting her eyes off of the jeans she was looking at.

“What’s the usual?” I scrunched my nose up.

Heather turned and smirked at me. Then it hit.

“Oh, Heather! That is gross!” I gasped and smacked her arm.

“What? He’s hot and I can't help myself.” She laughed, trying to defend herself as I jokingly punched her in the arm.

Deep down, I had wanted that kiss. I wanted to feel Biker Boy’s lips on top of mine.

But did I want Brian’s kisses enough to risk everything else I had worked so hard to obtain here in Huntington? We were complete opposites, would a relationship between us even last? That is the million dollar question, and I have no answer to it whatsoever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Brian’s Pov:

“So your kissing librarians now?” Zack smirked over at me.

“Only one.” I drawled. “I hear the others at the library are married. I don’t have many rules, but I don’t steal other mens' property.”

“Fair enough.” Zack said with a nod of his head. “So are you coming to the studio today?”

“I guess I'm gonna have to. Matt won’t get off my damn case.” I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "I don't know why he's getting so frustrated, we have a lot of time."

Ever since little miss Minnie Mouse showed up, she’s been distracting the hell out of me. I can’t play guitar, I can’t sit and lay down a track or even try to think of something catchy to write. I can’t even sleep some nights. I didn’t understand why, or how, this one girl got to me so much.

“Dude he just doesn’t want to listen to the record company if we have to push back the date.”

“Yeah I know. I just can’t seem to concentrate.”

“I think your falling in love Gates.” Zack smirked and smacked my knee as he got up.

LOVE? That four-letter word was not in my vocabulary.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Gates, that was amazing.” Matt smiled at me from behind the glass in the recording studio.
I had somehow managed to get Nicole out of my mind long enough to at least get a few solos down.

“Thanks.” I smiled back as I walked out of the booth and set my guitar in its case.

“Am I allowed to leave for the day Kernel Sanders?” I asked after securing my guitar.

Matt rolled his eyes. “Yeah sure. Just be here tomorrow at noon.”

“Thank you master.” I set my guitar case down, held my hands in front of my chest and bowed at Matt.

I chuckled to myself as I felt Matt punch me in the arm, and picked up my guitar case before heading out the door. I tossed the guitar in the trunk, put the car into gear and began heading towards Tyler’s bar.

I was absentmindedly tapping my fingers on my steering wheel to the song that was blaring through my speakers, when I came to a red light. I let my eyes wander curiously on my surroundings, and noticed that I was close to Nicole’s apartment. As I began to picture her beautiful face in my mind, I noticed there were two people standing on the sidewalk.

They looked like they were fighting. The girl had pretty hair that looked like Nicole’s. Nice ass to, that also looked like Nicole’s.

Wait, is that Nicole?!

I shook my head and looked again and saw that it was, in fact, Nicole standing on the sidewalk yelling at some guy. I made a U-turn, ignoring the car honking at me, and pulled up to the curb.

“James, would you just leave me alone? It’s called a break up for a reason"

I winced a little. Nicole sure did have a set of lungs.

“Baby just let me explain.” The man pleaded. He dressed like he had written the book on Cliche Rockstar Dress Code 101 and his hair looked perfectly messing, like he had spent his whole morning tying to make it look like he had just woken up.

This guy was so pathetic and creepy. My fists were practically aching to punch him square in the face.

“Explain what James? Explain why you just left me one day to go on tour halfway across the country with your shitty band? Did your band not make it James? Did you finally realize that you’re the shittiest guitarist in the entire fucking world and your band sucks?! So now you’ve come to try and get me back?” Her cheeks were red and her eyes shot daggers at James.

I had never seen her so angry or use so many curse words. I didn't even know she knew that many curse words.

“Nicole I'm sorry. I made a mistake, I miss you baby girl.” James chapped lips up over his teeth into something that I think was meant to be a smile, and tried to wrap his arms around her. Nicole placed her hands firmly on his chest and shoved him back.

“I am not your baby girl and you can kiss my ass James. I am not taking you back. I hate you, you rockstars! Your all the same! Lying, cheating assholes!” she screamed.

I gulped.

I was a rockstar…

She shoved him in the chest a second time, which seemed to anger him. He began to march towards Nicole and reached out his arms like he was going to grab her. I quickly jumped out of my car and ran towards them as James grabbed her wrists. They must have heard my car door shut because both of them looked over at me.

“Who the fuck,"

James’ sentence was cut short as my fist came in contact with his face. He fell to the floor as my fist repeatedly made contact with his face, until I felt a soft hand on my bicep, trying to pull me back. I turned and looked into Nicole’s soft eyes. She pulled me up and locked her arm through mine.

“Come on, let’s just leave.” She pleaded and began tugging at my arm, trying to pull me
away. I hesitated before following her, but not before threatening James one more time and giving him a nice kick in his side.

“What are you doing here Brian?” she asked after we had gotten into my car.

“You ask me that a lot, have you noticed?” I smirked at her.

She didn’t answer.

“Wait, what? No sarcastic response?” I raised one of my eyebrows. “I am shocked.” She continued ignoring me, and crossed her arms as I began to drive down the street. I wanted to get her as far away from James as I could.

“Still have nothing to say? No problem. I’m not a fan of gabby women anyway.”

“Gabby women?” She laughed, finally loosening up.

“Yeah, why what's wrong with that word?” I demanded.

“Nothing, its just, well…more of a girly word.”

Oh my god, only a librarian would know about that.

“And I used it on you. Unless your not actually a girl,” I smirked at her, until I put two and two together. I whipped my head to look at her as we stopped at a stop light.

“Are you accusing me of using girly words?” My expression must have been pretty funny looking, because she began cracking up
as she turned to look at me.

“It’s not funny.” I said with a pout, but couldn't help laughing along with her. “Lucky for you, I might forgive you.”

“And why is that Biker Boy?” She had a little smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

“Same reason I gave you at the coffee shop. Because I wanna have sex with you.”

She groaned and threw her head back.

"You know that reaction didn't really help your case." I smirked at her as she set her face in the palm of her hands.

I turned the radio down after a few moments, wondering if the music was bothering.

"So, are you okay?"

She turned to look out the window and nodded her head a little.

"Yeah, I'm sorry you had to see all that."

"No, it's cool." I shrugged, returning my attention to the road. “So who was that guy back there?”

She turned to look at me as we pulled up to another stop.

“He’s my asshole ex boyfriend, James.” She rolled her eyes.

“He looks like an asshole. You're welcome by the way.”

“For what?” She asked with a chuckle.

“You're welcome for kicking his ass.”

“I didn’t ask you to do that.” She said in a defensive tone.

“I know, but isn’t this the part where you give me a big kiss and call me your hero and thank me for saving you?”

She glared at me. “Your ridiculous.”

“But you know you love me.”

She began fake gagging.

“Shut up.” I chuckled and shoved her lightly, taking her hand in mine. I was surprised when she didn't let go.

“You never told me why you came back to Huntington. I mean Zack told me that you live here but he never told me why you guys left.”

Shit. I felt my heart shoot up into my throat and my mouth became dry.

What was I supposed to tell her? Yeah I'm a rockstar just like your ex boyfriend, and I leave here almost every year for about 6-8 months, sometimes 2 years to go on tour? Will you sleep with me now?

“No, I didn’t”

“So, why did you leave?”

“Ehh, for certain reasons.”

“Like what?”

“Why do you want to know? It’s my business.” She seemed to be stung by my words, because she yanked her hand away.

“Sorry, I was just kidding.” I murmured, taking her soft hand back into mine and threading my fingers through hers and kissing her cheek.

“Is that supposed to make me feel better?”

“Sex with me would make you feel better.”

“Stop that Brian.”

“You do know using that librarian voice on me only makes me want you more.”

“I have nothing to say to that.” She shook her head.

“Good. Remember, I'm not a fan of gabby women.” I grinned.