Status: Expect a new chapter this weekend! :D

I Left My Heart In Huntington Beach

Chapter 7

Brian’s Pov:

“Your doing what?”

I jumped a bit as Matt growled at me. He really was intimidating.

“I need to take some time off to go help my friend at his bar. He’s losing business and he needs my help fixing it up a bit and making it more lively.” I couldn’t help but hold my breath as Matt set his hands on his hips and paced the room, panting heavily.

“Brian how the fuck are we supposed to make a record if you’re not here?!”

I didn’t jump as high this time when he snapped at me, but it still startled me a bit.

“Matt I promise whenever I get the chance I will come to the studio and lay down some tracks, or I’ll work on them at home with Zack. We still have half a year to record and write dude.”

“You better. Because if we have to push the date back your gonna be the one listening to the record company bitch, got it?” His eyes stabbed into mine as he jabbed a finger at me.

“I promise Matt.”

~***~**~**~**~**~**

“What are your thoughts on mud wrestling?” I smirked across the table at my friend Tyler.

He chuckled and shook his head. “Whatever man, we’ve been going at this for hours. I just want a beer.”

I laughed and stood from my seat, walking behind the bar and sliding him a beer across the table.

“Thanks dude. But I really don’t have anything against the mud wrestling, I think it would be cool. I bet the men in town would like it.” He smiled to himself before taking a sip of his beer.

“So are you going to be open tonight for Halloween?” I asked, grabbing a beer for myself.

“Yeah. You gonna come? There’s gonna be dancing and drinking.”

“Tyler you know there’s only one kind of dancing I like.” I smirked at him and opened my beer.

“You never know Bri, maybe you’ll meet a girl tonight and she’ll do just that for you.” He
smirked back at me.

That sounded pretty good to me, but there was only one girl I wanted to see do that for me.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
A few hours later and the crowd had multiplied at the bar. I was surprised considering the bar had no name, and cracked paint everywhere. All we had were tables, chairs, a dance floor and some alcohol.

“You’ve got a nice crowd here tonight bro.” I yelled over the music into Tyler’s ear.

“Yeah, well, offering a free beer if you come in wearing a costume doesn't hurt. What are you supposed to be anyways dude?” He laughed as he pointed to my black T-shirt and jeans.

“A bartender.” I yelled back and held up a shot glass and Tequila bottle.

“Oh, yeah. Wow, how could I miss that?”

I laughed and flipped him off as a pretty blonde girl strolled by and pulled him to the dance floor by his collar.

“A shot please mister bartender.”

I looked up to see Nicole’s friend Heather smirking at me.She was wearing a Gun’s N Roses T-shirt, black jeans and red heels.

“So it’s mister bartender tonight, not Biker Boy?” I poured her a shot.

“Ha ha you’re so funny.” She rolled her eyes before hopping up onto Tyler’s abandoned bar stool.

“I’ve been told it’s a talent of mine.” I mumbled, sliding her the shot and wondering if she had even heard me.

“You know I think my friend likes you.” She smiled at me before tilting her head back and downing the shot. She pushed the glass back in front of me.

“I think you like making trouble.” I chuckled and grabbed the glass, pouring more Tequila into it.

“That too. But I'm pretty sure you like the same thing.”

“I have been told that as well.”

“I know. I recognized that about you right away. Which is why I’m so surprised Nicole takes any liking to you.” She shook her head before taking the shot the shot out of my hand and downing it.

“One more please.” She said before pushing the playboy shot glass in front of me once again. I nodded and began pouring more Tequila into it.

“What makes you think she is?” Shit, I wasn’t supposed to show any interest.

“I just know.” She smirked. "I’m surprised because frankly, I wouldn’t have thought you and a librarian would have anything in common.”

"I didn't either." I mumbled, putting the lid back on the tequila bottle.

“Hey you.”

I looked up from putting the Tequila bottle away to see Zack take a seat next to Heather and plant a kiss on her cheek.

“Heather!”

Once again, there was that voice. I looked up to see Nicole. Heather simply smile at me before downing her last shot. She laid a 10 dollar bill on the counter and grabbed Zack’s hand as they strode over to the dance floor. I watched closely as Nicole stormed her way over to the bar, taking a seat on one of the stools.

“Why were you and Heather talking?”

I ignored her question. “It’s Halloween, you know. You really should have worn your Minnie mouse costume.” I smirked and leaned in closer.

“Oh my god.” She groaned and rested her forehead on the palm of her hand. "You didn't tell her about our kiss did you?"

I winked at her as she let out a loud groan. I chuckled and began serving shots to a group of guys dressed as the justice league of america who had just wandered into the bar.

My glance wandered over to Nicole after a few minutes. I made her a shirly temple and sat it in front of her.

"No, I didn't tell her about our kiss."

She smiled at me as I dropped in a few cherries.

"My favorite!" She chuckled, picking out a cherry and popping it in her mouth. "Thank you."

I smiled a little and went back to serving the justice league more shots.

Looking at her watch people on the dance floor and occasionally sip from her drink, I noticed the way her brown hair curved against her olive toned cheek. A piece that was tucked behind her ear had come loose, and I suddenly felt the urge to reach out and see if the strands were as silky as they looked. She looked so proper, sitting up straight in the chair, and lifting up her pinky as she drank.

I can’t blame my desire on the Minnie Mouse costume this time. She was wearing regular clothes tonight. Jeans, T- shirt, and a grey sweater with a bright pumpkin pin on it. Yet I still somehow wanted to peel that t-shirt off her shoulders and see what color
bra she was wearing and how good it probably looked against her skin.

“I like the earrings.” I chuckled and pointed to the cupcake earrings dangling softly from her ears.

“Oh, thanks. I love cupcakes for some reason.” She said and nervously rubbed one of them.

"I like the nail polish to, purple is my favorite color."

"Really? It's mine too. And lime green." She giggled and took another sip from her drink. I smiled a little at her, setting down the glass I was currently wiping off.

“So listen, I’m trying to help my friend get this bar off the ground, but I don’t know much about business.”

“Well we have some books in the library on managing businesses that you could check out.” She brought the glass to her lips as she took a drink and picked out another cherry.

I felt kinda weird about having these thoughts about a librarian.
Bookworms have never been my type. But hey, there is a first time for everything.
And I am definitely looking forward to my first time with this bookworm.

“Do you wanna dance?” I yelled over the loud music, still smiling at her. And to
much of my surprise, she smiled back and took my hand as I lead her out to the dance floor.

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**

Nicole’s Pov:

“You know you really didn’t have to walk me home. Again.” I looked over at Brian. The moon
lit up one side of his face, making him look almost angelic. A tiny smile appeared on
his face and he shrugged, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

“I wanted to. Some real creeps come out Halloween night and I didn’t want you getting kidnapped or anything.”

“Wow.”

“Wow what?”

I shook my head. “I’m just surprised you actually care about me. I didn’t know Biker Boys had feelings.”

“Well,” he shrugged again.

It was silent the rest of the walk home. But it was the greatest silence I have ever experienced in my entire life. I was glad I didn't just sit home and hand out candy to kids this year.

“Well thank you for walking me home.” I smiled, turning around to look at Brian as we reached my apartment.

He didn’t need to dress up as some character, The man looked damn sexy in a simple black shirt and jeans.

“Your welcome babe. Happy Halloween.” He smirked and leaned in to kiss my cheek before making his way down the stairs.

“Oh hey Biker Boy!” I yelled, causing him to stop in his tracks and turn to look at me.

“Yes Minnie Mouse?” he smirked as he craned his neck to look at me.

“I won’t tell anyone you have feelings.” I smirked back, quickly stepping inside my apartment,
leaving Brian once again, speechless.