Sequel: So Far Away

That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs

Whole Wide World

I was very much in love with Jimmy.

I thought that he was absolutely perfect, that there wasn't a thing I would change in him. I often found myself just watching him and grinning like an idiot. He was the man of my dreams, the one that I had always wanted to find when I was younger.

Every day I found myself falling more and more in love with him. The words he said, the things he did made me go absolutely crazy in love. He was such an awesome person and I honestly didn't know what my life would've been without him. I couldn't be happier that it was him who was the father of my child.

I felt like I could share everything with that man. I could be sad in front of him and he would find a way to make me feel better. I could be happy and he would be just as happy with me. If I was in any sort of trouble, he would help me out of it. He had been there for me for years and I would always be thankful of that.

As I thought about us as a couple, I knew that I was in a good relationship. We trusted each other, we loved each other, we were best friends and we had fun. He had changed my life and it was only getting better and better. I was, like I had been for years already, happily married to my best friend in the whole wide world.

”Are you sure about this, Jimmy?” I exclaimed as I stood in front of our house.

I was looking at the big house with tears in my eyes. Gosh, I felt pathetic, crying over a thing like that.

”What?” Jimmy closed the front door and started walking toward me.

”Are you sure about this?” I mumbled.

He was grinning as he reached me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

”Hey, Rach, come on. This is a good thing. I thought you wanted a bigger house,” he said quietly and pinched my cheek.

We were moving out of our house. It was a bittersweet moment. I was happy that we were moving into a bigger and a lot nicer house but... It had been our home for years. It was our house, we had made it into a place that felt like a home.

And now we were leaving and never coming back.

”This is so sad,” I mumbled and wiped my eyes, ”And Mason will never remember this place! He won't remember his first home!”

”Rachel...” He pulled me into a hug.

After I'd got over the fact that I couldn't keep staring at the house for forever, we got in the car.

Mason was already asleep in the car as we got in and Jimmy started driving.

”Other people will cook in my kitchen and pee in my toilet,” I mumbled and looked out of the side window.

”Uh... What?” Jimmy laughed and put his hand on my thigh, rubbing it gently.

”It's just weird to think about it. Someone else will live in our home, Jimmy!”

”I know that. But think of it like this: we will also be living in someone else's home. And, before we moved into our old house, someone lived there.”

”Oh, yeah... Yeah.”

We drove half an hour to the new house and when I saw the house, I immediately felt better.

It was such a pretty house. I couldn't help but grin like a four-year-old as I got out of the car.

Mason had woken up and I picked him up and started walking towards the new house.

”This is our new home, Mase!” I exclaimed.

Mason didn't seem to be as excited, in fact, I was pretty sure he wanted to go back to sleep.

”Rach? Do you have the keys?” Jimmy was shouting from the car.

”What? No. Don't you?” I asked and turned around.

”No. I thought you had them,” he muttered with a sigh.

I walked back to the car and put Mason down on his little feet. He wrapped his arms around my thigh and squeezed my leg.

”Well... What are we going to do now?” I asked and ran a hand through my hair.

”I don't know. I must've left the keys at your mom's place when I picked up Mason earlier today,” Jimmy said with a shrug.

”But we just drove half an hour to get here. It takes at least another hour to be back here,” I whined.

”I know... Do you have a better idea?”

”Can't we, like, break into the house?”

”What? Rach, come on,” Jimmy was laughing at me.

”Well it is our house!” I exclaimed.

”We're not going to break into our house.”

”Well I thought it was a good idea,” I said with a shrug.

I picked Mason up from the ground when he started crying because no one had been giving him any attention.

”We have to drive back,” Jimmy said after a moment.

”But I don't want to sit in a car for another hour,” I whined and grimaced.

”We have to.”

”Can't we just call mom? And ask her to bring over the keys? I'm sure she'd like to see the house, too,” I said suddenly.

”Do you think she would do that?”

”Of course she would. She loves us,” I said and rolled my eyes.

After we had called mom, we went to the back yard and sat down.

Mason started running around the yard. He kept shouting and screaming and giggling and it looked really adorable to be honest.

”Jimmy?” I asked and put my hand on his thigh as he lit up a cigarette.

”Yeah?” he was blowing out the smoke.

”I'm really proud of you. I'm proud of us,” I said with a smile.

”What? Where did that come from?”

”I don't know. I just... When I think of us as a couple, it makes me feel really proud. We're a great couple now, even though we didn't always use to be.”

”We've grown a lot since the early days, that's why it works out so well now,” he told me.

”You know I love you very much, don't you?” I asked.

”I know. You don't have to keep reminding me. I'm not just going to forget,” he said with a laugh.

He took a hold of my jaw and pulled me into a quick kiss.

”Mase! Come here, baby!” I exclaimed and clapped my hands together.

Mason's face lit up and he started running towards us.

”Put out the cigarette,” I told Jimmy and he did as told.

Mason ran over to us and I wrapped him up in my arms. He was giggling as I pushed his long hair away from his face and kissed his cheek a few times.

”Look, Jimmy, he looks exactly like you!” I exclaimed with a grin as I looked at Mason.

”I'm glad he does. At least I know he's mine.”

”Ha ha. Bad joke,” I muttered and punched his arm.

Jimmy rubbed his arm and laughed as he pulled the both of us into a group hug.

”You knew my jokes were bad when you married me and you still did it,” he said.

”You know, this was a perfect family moment and you just had to ruin it.”

”I know. I do that a lot, don't I?” he ruffled my hair.

”Yeah.”

”I like this side of you better than the side that goes out at nights and gets really drunk, though,” I told him.

”You like this side better? You want a husband that's a wussy pussy?”

”Hey don't say things like that in front of Mase!”

”Oh, like, pussy? Shit, fuck, hell? What kind of words are you talking about?” Jimmy was grinning like an idiot.

”Shh! Shut up!”

”Oh, relax, Rach. He'll know what they mean by the age of five anyway,” he said with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and shoved his chest.

”Yeah, because of you and your friends. None of you knows how to act in front of children anyway,” I muttered and smiled at Mason who was grinning at me. Aww, he was such a sweet little baby.

After we'd sat there for at least half an hour, Jimmy's phone rang. It was mom. Jimmy told her to come over to the back yard and a moment later we saw her.

”What a lovely house, you two!” mom exclaimed as she looked around the yard and the place.

”And little mister Mason! Are you happy for your new home? Are you? Is he going to have his own room?” mom asked us as we stood up and started walking to the front door, to the other side of the house.

”Yeah, and there's plenty of rooms for... Other children, too,” I said with a grin.

Mom froze and looked at us with her wide eyes.

”Are you two going to have another baby? Honey, are you pregnant?” she exclaimed in shock.

”No, I'm not pregnant. I'm just saying that if in the future we want to have another baby, there's room for that,” I told her with a laugh.

”Don't look so shocked. We did a good job with the first one, didn't we?” Jimmy asked her and grinned.

”Yes, yes you did,” mom said and ruffled Mason's hair. Mason chuckled and grabbed mom's hand.

”Now, show me the kitchen!” mom exclaimed as we led her into the house.

After mom had left and Mason was asleep already and it was getting really late, Jimmy and I were laying on the livingroom floor and staring up at the ceiling. We were holding each other's hands and just enjoying the silence.

”Do you really think that we should have another baby?” I whispered and looked to my side, noticing that Jimmy was looking at me.

”No. Not yet. Maybe in a few years but definitely not yet. And, to be honest, I don't think you're ready. We all know what happened after Mason was born and I don't want to see that happen ever again,” he said quietly.

”Maybe you're right,” I mumbled and bit my lip.

”That is so extremely sexy when you bite your lip,” Jimmy murmured and winked at me before leaning closer and kissing my forehead.

”Do you want to have sex? On this floor?” I asked.

Jimmy laughed, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me on top of him. I ended up straddling his waist and leaning close to his face.

”I thought it was you who wanted to, like, cuddle and be all cute and shit,” he murmured and pushed back my hair before pulling me down into a soft kiss.

”Well, you know, how could I not want to have sex with such a sexy man?” I mumbled against his lips.

He laughed and pulled back. We looked at each other for a moment.

”You're really beautiful, Rach,” he told me.

Suddenly he was completely serious, a bit too serious to be honest.

”I don't tell you enough, baby,” he mumbled, ”You're amazing.”

”This is getting beyond cheesy, Jimmy,” I said with a wide smile.

”I don't care. I need you to know that. I really do love you, Rachel,” he said and held my face between his hands.

”I know you do. I love you too, Jimmy, I really do,” I whispered and leaned in to kiss him.

Like I said, I was happily married and in love with my best friend in the whole wide world. I couldn't imagine my life without him. In fact, like I had realized before, I would probably die without him there for me. He was my rock and I could always count on him.

We had proved the fact that if you're with the one you want to be, you will find a way to make it work. We had gone together through thoughts of suicide, cheating, having a baby and what else.

And we were still strong and going forward.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovely readers! Just wanted to let you know that there is probably only one chapter left, boooo! :-(

Anyway! I want to thank the lovely age of aquarius., MaryJane_2013, FaBzShadows and paint.it.black. for your lovely comments, I'd be really happy if you'd leave me many comments on this chapter as well since there aren't many left! Cheers guys, much love!