Sequel: So Far Away

That's Why I Got a Heater For Your Thighs

So Gross

Was I dead?

No, of course I wasn't. But where the hell was I and what had happened?

I had trouble with opening my eyes but when I finally got them wide open, I wish I hadn't. The bright light made me go blind for a few seconds and I blinked furiously before I could see a thing.

I was laying on a damn hospital bed. The whole room was empty which made me wonder where everyone was. Or what I was even doing there.

And then I remembered Jimmy and what had happened to him. And then I remembered that I had fainted just as the doctor had been telling everyone what was going on with Jimmy.

Oh my god... What if Jimmy was... Dead?

I couldn't even think about it without my eyes getting teary. I sniffled and pushed the blanket away from me before getting out of the bed.

I looked down and noticed that I was wearing a hospital gown – an ugly yellow one – and grimaced instantly.

Despite the fact that I looked disgusting and you could see my ass if I didn't cover it with my hands, I decided to leave the room and look for Jimmy.

I went and asked a nurse where I could find him and she told me where to go after giving me a lot of strange looks.

After I'd found the room, I got too scared to go in. I heard crying and weird noises coming from inside and I thought that this was it - I didn't have a husband anymore.

Tears streamed down my face and I couldn't bring myself to open the door and walk in. I didn't want to know if he was dead.

I didn't want to see him like that, I didn't want my last image of him to be a dead body laying on a hospital bed. I tried to wipe my eyes but it was no good – the tears didn't stop making their way down my face.

Then, all of a sudden, the door opened. A very surprised face was looking at me.

It was Brian and he seemed to be somewhat shocked as he looked at me.

”Rachel?” he asked quietly and placed his hands on my shoulders, looking deep into my eyes.

He wiped my wet cheeks and asked me if I was okay.

”I don't want to come in there. I don't want to do this,” I whispered and cried harder.

”What? Why?”

”I swear to god, if that bastard left me alone with two kids... I can't do this on my own,” I mumbled.

”Rachel? What are you talking about?”

It was the one voice I thought I would never hear again. And for a moment there, I thought I had gone crazy.

If Jimmy was dead, how could he be talking to me? How could he possibly... What if he wasn't dead? What if he was alive?

I had to wipe my eyes with my both hands before I could look into the room and see my husband, very alive and grinning like an idiot, laying on the hospital bed and staring at me.

I had to blink at least ten times before I really believed that it was my Jimmy. He was grinning widely as he looked at me. Then he even laughed.

”Stop laughing! There is nothing funny in this situation! Do you understand that I thought you were dead? I thought that you had died and left me alone with my kids! How could you do this to me?” I screamed and cried.

”Hey, hey! Rach, calm down!” Brian exclaimed and wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly.

Everybody in the room was looking at me but I couldn't have cared less about them.

”You scared me! I thought that I would never see you again! You shouldn't have drank any alcohol and you knew it! You scared me!” I cried and closed my eyes before burying my face in Brian's shirt.

”Can you guys leave us alone?” Jimmy asked quietly.

Everyone mumbled yeah's and okay's before slowly leaving the room.

Brian was the last one to go and as the door had been closed after him, I sat down on a chair and didn't say a word as I looked at Jimmy.

”Were you really that scared?” he asked me quietly after a moment.

”I thought I had lost you,” I mumbled and wiped my eyes.

”But you didn't. And that's what matters. I'm right here,” he told me.

He tried to make me smile by smiling but it didn't work.

After a moment of silence Jimmy opened his mouth again.

”I heard you fainted. Do you want to tell me about that? Or do you want to tell me about your pregnancy?”

”I'm pregnant,” I muttered.

”I figured. How long have you known about it?”

”A few days.”

”That's great news, Rachel. If you came a little closer, I could kiss you,” he said and grinned.

I shook my head.

”Oh, come on. I didn't remember that I wasn't supposed to drink anything. I only had one beer. And then the next thing I remember, I'm in a hospital. Then I find out that my wife is pregnant and has just fainted. This is pretty much to take in, in such a short time. So get your sexy, naked ass over here and give me a hug at least if you're too scared to kiss me, wife,” he said.

”I'm not naked,” I mumbled as I walked over to his bed, ”I have this sexy gown to cover my private parts.”

He pulled me down on to the bed next to him, wrapping his arm around me and kissing the top of my head at least a thousand times.

”You know I love you very much, don't you?” he mumbled and pushed my hair back, taking a closer look at my face.

”I really didn't mean to scare you. I know what it's like, thinking that you've lost the love of your life... But everything is going to be alright. Everything will be just fine,” he told me and pulled my face close, kissing my lips.

”I know, I know,” I mumbled and touched his cheek. He started grinning.

”We're going to have another baby,” he said and sighed happily, ”Just think about it.”

”It's great,” I admitted, ”It's amazing. I can't wait to have another little baby. Mason is all grown up already and he plays with his friends more than he does with me.”

”Well that's only because you suck at playing. You know nothing about these new toys and other shit. Mason can't live his whole life playing with his mother.”

”Hey, I am a good player!”

”Yeah, yeah...”

It didn't take long for everyone to return in Jimmy's hospital room.

I guess everyone was really glad that Jimmy was okay and everyone wanted to spend time with him.

I eventually had to get back to my very own hospital room, but then my mom demanded the nurses to move me into the same room with Jimmy.

And by the end of the day, Jimmy and I were sitting in the same room on our own hospital beds that were right next to each other.

We were holding each other's hands and just looking at each other most of the time.

”You need to shave your beard,” I mumbled as I pulled away from his face.

I touched his cheek and pouted.

”Do I? Don't I look sexy like this?” he whispered and wiggled his eyebrows.

”No. I don't like to kiss you when you have a beard.”

”I've had sex with you even when you hadn't shaved your legs or – ”

”I have sex with you all the time, even though you haven't shaved your – ”

”Well I – ”

”Fine, okay! You don't have to shave your beard,” I mumbled, ”I give up!”

”I was going to shave it anyway. I just thought that while you and the kid were away, I don't have to shower or do anything,” he said with a laugh and pinched my cheek.

”Haven't you showered in four days?” I asked and pulled away from him.

I grimaced as he shook his head.

”Gross. So gross,” I mumbled.

”But you love me anyway,” he pointed out.

”That is true. I love you anyway,” I said.

He started grinning like an idiot, but you know what, he was my idiot. He was my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the sequel to this story can be found here!

I really want to thank all of you for reading this story and I do hope you at least check out the sequel, I'm trying to make it really interesting for you!

A big thank you to all of my amazing commenters:
- paint.it.black.
- emawamaborg
- A7Xfan505
- LipsOfDeceit6661
- IDG4F
- Minist.LasseyScourge
- NME_foREVer_6661
- Matty Mullins
- gothique4
- greendayrox123
- age of aquarius.
- MaryJane_2013
- FaBzShadows
- Spoileddxbrat
- Pineapplez
- MrsChristX
- Intricate Atrocity
It really makes me smile to see all of the super nice comments and support, cheers guys, much love!