Just Like Heaven

Options

I woke up to the sound of little puttering of feet. I smiled before opening my eyes fully. I turned around in the bed, feeling the warmth of Mikey's hands on my hips.

I opened my eyes and saw Noah looking at me with wild bed hair. I smiled; "Good morning, baby." I murmured tiredly.

Noah out stretched his arms, I sat up and picked him up. A smile and brightness lit up in his eyes when he saw Mikey. He looked at me and I set him between us; Noah crawled over to Mikey, and laid down on top of him.

Mikey opened his eyes a moment, then squinted, "Hey, baby boy." Noah wrapped his arms around Mikey's neck, "I missed you, too, little dude."

I smiled at the sight of them; "I'm gonna go wash up."

"I'll make breakfast in a minute." Mikey shut his eyes, hugging Noah.

"Alright."

I got up and entered our bathroom, and grabbed towels from beneath the sink and went to the shower. I got in after warming it up and I heard Mikey and Noah getting out of bed.

I wash up, brushed my teeth and dressed comfortably, then went out into the kitchen. I could smell eggs, bacon and toast in the air, along with coffee. Noah sat at the counter, chewing on toast, I ruffled his messy hair and sat beside him.

Mikey made us a plate, sitting beside me. We all ate, quietly, only making light conversation.

"What have you guys been doing since I've been gone?" Mikey asked sipping at his coffee.

"Nothing really; we hung out with Paula and Seth and lazed around. Right, babe?" I looked to Noah who nodded.

"I missed you guys, I couldn't wait to come home." Mikey murmured absentmindedly.

I decided then that I should tell him about my bout of sickness and the test, "Hey, I--"

I was cut off by Mikey's phone ringing, "Hold on." He jogged back into the room to get it.

I continued to eat and then I fed Noah; "Want juice?"

He nodded, biting a little piece of bacon. I got up, went to the fridge and grabbed his sippy cup filled with apple juice. I set it in front of him, just as Mikey came back in with his phone to his ear.

"...Gimme like an hour, I'll be down there." He said to whomever was on the phone, "Yeah...yeah, bye." He hung up and looked at me, with a small frown.

"What's going on?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

"I got a radio thing soon," he sighed, "I'm gonna go shower, sorry." He kissed my forehead.

"It's okay." I gave him a small smile.

He hummed, kissing me again, "Thanks."

"For what?" I asked as he turned his heel.

"For being the best wife ever."

I rolled my eyes as he went back into the room. I looked back at Noah who frowned, "Hey babe, daddy won't be gone long. He's coming back today."

Noah kept his frown and picked at his toast. I chewed at my lip, "You want to take a bath? I'll take you to get ice cream and then we can go play in the backyard with Piggy."

Noah looked at me, and his frown disappear. He gave a small nod; I picked up his bowl and put it by the sink, then I picked him up and carried him to the hall bathroom. Piggy waltz her way down the hall and to the living room, I assumed to go lie in her doggy bed.

I undress Noah, filled the tub and gave him his toys to play with. He sunk in the tub, playing with his monster action figures. I got lost in thought as I washed him up; I thought about Mikey, and if we would ever talk about if he was alright.

I didn't get far with the thought, because Mikey called my name, "Morgan, c'mere!"

"Can't, I'm giving Noah a bath." I called back.

I heard Mikey come back; towel round his waist. I smirked at him, his hair was slightly wet, as well as his body.

"Fast shower?" I asked.

"Yeah," He muttered quickly, "How come you didn't tell me?"

I raised my brow slightly, "Tell you what?"

He held up the pregnancy test; Noah looked at us, probably wondering what was going on. I shrugged, "I did a lot of thinking... And, I just took it yesterday."

"Oh." He licked his lips, "I'm gonna go get dressed, then we'll talk, because you seem like you need to."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Don't I always?" I jested with a small laugh.

Mikey shook his head, smiling, and left the bathroom. I looked at Noah, who looked at me with a confused look. He tried to sign, it was slightly broken; he asked "What?"

"Mommy and daddy are thinking about another baby." I told him with a small smile.

He furrowed his brows, still confused. I kissed his head, "Don't worry about it, okay? It's nothing bad."

Noah's lips turned up and he nodded, continuing to play with his toys.

"Would you like a baby brother or sister?" I asked him.

Noah looked at me, shrugging. I smiled at his innocent little answer. I wondered how he would feel with a baby in the house.

I shook off the thought for a moment, and finished Noah's bath. "Alrighty, babe, you're clean!" He giggled softly.

I wrapped him up in a towel, drying his hair and then I rubbed my arms up and down his back, "Warm?" I asked.

He nodded with a big smile. I carried him to his bedroom, just as Mikey was coming out of our bedroom. Mikey followed me into Noah's room and I sat him on his bed, "Can you get me a diaper and some of his underwear?"

Mikey went to the dresser, "How you feelin' about this? Do you want a baby?" He asked me as he returned to me with Noah's underwear.

"I was thinking about how you were feeling," I told him honestly; I put Noah's diaper and underwear on and went to his closet to get him some clothes, "Do you think you can handle another baby?" I asked with honesty.

"I do. I believe I can. I want this baby, M." He spoke softly.

I grabbed Noah's clothes, "You sure? I don't want to put pressure on you."

He furrowed his brows a bit as I made my way back to Noah, "What were you gonna do if I wasn't stable enough?"

I shrugged, "Honestly... I have no clue. I would talk things out with you, see what our options were."

"I told you, Morgan, I want a baby, this one that you're carrying." He sat beside Noah as I helped him put his shorts on.

"I worry about you... I don't want to stress you out, Mike." I put Noah's shirt on next.

"Look," he started, "I want a family, more than this music. I love it, believe me, but I love being home with you guys; I don't like being on the road too long."

I got up and went to get Noah socks and his shoes, "So, I guess I should make a
doctors appointment." I said with a small laugh.

"Yeah, M." He smiled, taking the socks from me when I returned, "Don't worry about me, I can handle this. I just got to take it one day at a time."

I sighed contently, "We're having another baby." I said a loud, "Noah, you're gonna be a big brother," I told him.

He raised his brow, then looked at Mikey as he put his socks on; "You're gonna be like Uncle Gee; you'll have a little brother or sister." Mikey told him.

Noah grinned and hopped happily on his bed. I laughed, smiling from ear to ear. I was wrong about telling Mikey about this; I was gonna assume he would tell me he couldn't do it. Now, he and Noah were both overly excited about the teeny baby inside of me.


Paula came over after I took Noah to get ice cream. I was excited to tell her; she seemed equally excited to visit.

"Hey!" She came in smiling, "Where's my nephew?"

Noah came rushing through the hall and up to Paula's embrace. She picked him up and smothered him, "Hey Noah! I missed you!"

Noah kissed her cheek, then he pointed over at me; I was seated on the couch and got up; "What?" She asked him.

He then pointed to my stomach, making me laugh. Paula raised her brow, "You're pregnant." She stated.

"Yep." I told her with a grin.

"Wow, thanks for telling me, Noah Bear." Paula kissed his forehead and set him down, "Now, when did this happen?"

"About 2 months ago." I told her with a smirk.

"And, have you told Mikey?"

"Yeah... Well, he found the pregnancy test in the bathroom."

She and I sat on the couch, "You aren't very good at keeping secrets, are you?"

Noah hopped on Paula's lap and opens up a book so she could read to him.

"I had forgotten it was in there. He came home last night and surprised me."

She still smirked, "Hmm... Did he love you up?"

I laughed softly, "Maybe." I smirked back.

"You guys are a couple of horny dogs. Can't keep ya hands off each other." She shook her head, "But it's nice that you're having a baby."

"Yeah, I'm excited."

"Did you guys talk?"

"A little, I think he's all better. He looks a lot better."

"Congrats," She said with a smile, "It almost made me forget my own news!"

I raised my brow, "You're pregnant too?"

She shook her head, "No, Greg asked me to marry him." With that she shoved her hand in my face.

I saw a huge diamond ring in her finger, "Holy cow!"

Noah looked over, touching her ring; "He asked me last night; so romantic." She gushed, letting Noah play with her finger.

"Aw! Congratulations, Paula." I kissed her cheek.

"Thanks, M. I can't wait to do this whole wedding thing; it's gonna be big and spectacular." She spoke airily.

"Only you." I said with a playful eye roll.

"We all can't be humble like yourself," She waved her hand in the air, "Some of us want to have an extravagant event."

I laughed, "I'm happy for you. Go big."

"I plan on it. And, you're my made of honor, and Noah is going to be the ring
bearer."

Noah looked up, I smiled at him, "He's gonna look so cute in a little tux."

"Yeah, just like at yours."

"I already can't wait. Do you guys have a date?"

"We talked about some time in November, nothing solid though. We want to do it fast, I've been thinking about having babies."

"Aw, that's too cute."

She rolled her eyes, "I'm almost 30, it's now or never."

"I'm very happy for you, Paula."

"Thank you, Morgan. I'm happy for you, too. I hope you have a little girl."

I shook my head, "We'll see."