Just Like Heaven

Hear

There was smell of something burning, bringing me to my full consciousness. I frowned, it wasn't a large fire, it was burnt... Bread? I sighed and sat up; no one was sleeping beside me.

I heard the recognizable thump of chubby, toddler feet. I smiled when I saw Noah poke his head through our bedroom door. I waved at him and he giggled, "Daddy, mommy caught us!"

I giggled softly, watching Noah disappear. There was some slight banging in the kitchen, then I heard them coming back to the room. I stretched slightly, then I smiled at them; Mikey carried a tray of food and Noah had something in his hand.

He jumped on the bed, "Happy Birthday, mommy!" Noah exclaimed.

"Yeah, happy b-day, M." Mikey set the tray across my lap.

"Thank you." I told them, "But, is there a mess I'm going to have to clean up?"

Noah shook his head, "We clean it!"

I put my hands up, "Alright."

Mikey sat by my feet, "It's your day, so we're gonna let you do what you want. We really tried to cook."

I smiled, "Thanks, I appreciate it."

On the plate was burn toast and bacon with eggs. It wasn't so bad. I looked over at Noah, he crawled closer and handed me what be had been holding.

"I gets this last night for you." He told me.

It was an orange envelope. I kissed his cheek, "Thank you, babe."

I began to open the envelope and awed when I saw a card. Noah gazed my reaction as I looked it over; it was a mama bear hugging a baby bear, and it said; "I love you BEARY much."

I giggled and looked at Mikey, "Oh my gosh, this is so cute and so cheesy, I love it." 

"He picked it out." Mikey said.

I pecked Noah cheek, "I love it baby."

"Look inside." He urged me.

I opened it up; "Happy Birthday Mama, I love you FUR-ever."

I giggled, "Wow, this is amazing. I am going to keep this forever. I think I'll take it everywhere with me."

Noah clapped his hands and sat beside me. I picked him up and showered his face in kisses, "I love you so much, you little monster."

He giggled and squirmed, "'Kay! Okay!"

I set him down, "You're the best kid ever, Noah."

He grinned, "I know."

I shook my head, "Geez, you're cocky like your dad."

Mikey laughed, "I ain't cocky, I'm confident."

I rolled my eyes slightly, "Whatever you say."

•••

After eating, Mikey took everything and wouldn't let me leave the bed. I pouted at him, making him laugh; "I just want you to relax until the show tonight."

"Ugh, fine." I mumbled to him.

He kissed my head, "Just relax, baby."

Noah sat beside me, resting his head on my bump. He pressed his ear to my belly to hear like he usually does. "I hear Luna."

I smiled, coursing my fingers through Noah's dark hair. "What's she saying?"

He giggled, "She can't talk, mommy. She makes squishy noises!"

"Like how?" 

Noah looked up at me, then proceeded to make funny noises. I laughed softly, listening to him, "It sound so funny!"

"You made those noises too, baby boy." Mikey reentered the room, "And you kicked my hand a lot, too."

Noah looked at him, "Really? Did it hurt?"

Mikey sat on the bed, "Not me... Just mommy."

Noah frowned and turned to me, "I sorry."

I laughed again, and kissed his cheek, "It's okay, it wasn't so bad. Plus, I loved it when you kicked."

"How come?"

"Because I was happy that you were there. I was excited that I was gonna have you."

Noah smiled again, "You happy Luna in there?"

I nodded, "Yep."

"Luna kick my hand?" Noah pressed his hand to my belly.

"You'll have to wait, baby." 

Noah pouted, waiting patiently; it was kind of funny, because I think the baby knew he was waiting. A minute had passed and then she kicked right where his hand was. A grin broke out on his face, "Oh my gosh!" 

Mikey laughed, as did I, "She kicked you?"

"Yes! It was cool, daddy!"

Noah felt some more until she kicked again. His eyes lit up, "I think she's saying hi." I told him.

He looked at my stomach, he leaned close, "Hi Luna!"

I giggled at him, he smiled when one more kick came. He gasped, "Oh my gosh, she hears me!"

Mikey scooted closer, "Yeah, of course she can hear you, you aren't that far away."

"I can't wait for her to be here." He said excitedly.

"Us, either buddy."

Mikey stayed for a little while longer, until he had to go meet with the guys. Noah was a little sad, then I reminded him he could talk to the baby. He waved to Mikey, then laid his head on my stomach, talking to her.

It was funny watching him talk and talk about school and his friends to the baby. He talked until he got really tired. I made him some lunch, then he went right back to talking; we moved to the living room then.

When Mikey returned, he had a real big smile on his face. I looked at him, "Hey."

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"I'm good. How was it?"

He smiled and shrugged, "Uh, it was cool. It felt like old times."

Mikey sat beside me, Noah was lying on the carpet, next to Piggy, coloring. Mikey laced his fingers with mine, I looked at him again, "So, did you reconsider being in the band?" I asked him.

He tweaked his lips, "I... Didn't really think that much about it."

I squeezed his hand, "Hey, if you wanna do the band thing again, I'll support you 100 percent."

Mikey looked down a moment, "I would love to, you know, but we got kids. I don't wanna be gone all the time."

"Hey, Frank has kids too." I reminded him.

Mikey looked away again, "Yeah, and I don't know how he does it. I really hate leaving. I mean, I'd rather be here than go away when I have the option to."

I nodded, "I understand, but if you ever want to be right back where you want, I will support you."

He smiled, "Thanks, M."

"No problem, Mikes." I leaned over and kissed his cheek, "So, will you save me a pick and a set list after the show?" I smirked at him.

He laughed, "Anything you want, babe."