Just Like Heaven

Hear Her

I hadn't ever been backstage at a concert before, and to say the least, everything was fast. I had Noah in one hand and my hand on Mikey's. He led me through the sea of people into a dressing room, where Gerard and the rest of the band were.

"Uncle Gee!" Noah screamed when he entered the room, completely letting my hand go.

He ran straight to Gerard, "Hey, Spaceboy, what's up? Are you ready to see us play?"

Noah nodded, "Yes!"

Gerard looked over at us, Mikey let my hand go to put his bass on, "Hey, Morgan." He moved in for a hug and I hugged him.

"Hey, Gee."

He looked at my swell of a stomach, "Wow, you're bigger than I remember."

I slugged him, "Why, gee, thanks Gerard."

He chuckled, "Just messin' around. Is this really the first time you're gonna see us play?"

I nodded, "Over 3 years with Mikey and this is the first show. I did see you guys on TV few times, though."

Gerard smiled, "You are in for a treat!"

"Yeah," I smirked, "Mikey told me about the time you made out with Frank."

Frank laughed from the couch, and Gerard continued to smirk, "And? I ain't ashamed!"

I shook my head, "Keep it PG, okay? We got a little boy here."

Gerard laughed again, "Yeah, anything for the Boy."

I left Noah to play with Gerard, while I went over to Mikey. He sat in a chair, then offered it to me, I shook my head, but he grabbed me and pulled me on his lap, after setting his bass aside. I smiled at Mikey, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"M, I'm kinda nervous." He said against my ear softly.

I patted his shoulder, "Don't be nervous, Mike, I'm sure there are people out there just as nervous to see you."

He chuckled, "Yeah right."

"Oh, quit being modest. People are excited and anticipating to see you, babe." 

Mikey smiled against my cheek, "You think so?"

"Yeah, I mean, I'm one of those people."

"Are you nervous?" He asked quietly.

"No, I'm excited. I can't wait to see you out there. This is the best birthday present I've ever gotten... Aside from Noah's beautiful card."

Mikey laughed again, "I love you so much, M."

"I love you, too, Mikey. I'm very happy for you." I kissed him on the lips quickly, "You're an amazing man."

His lips brushed against mine, "Thank you." He kissed me softly.

"You're very welcome." I smiled.

Mikey went to kiss me again when Gerard clapped, "Break it up love birds! No fair, if my girlfriend can't be here, you can't do that!"

Mikey and I both rolled our eyes at him, "Shut up, kill joy. Always gotta ruin someone's fun." Mikey muttered.

"Hey, Noah agrees with me, don't you?" Gerard looked at Noah.

Noah nodded, "Yuck!"

Mikey and I chuckled, "Sorry, babe."

•••

When it was time for the band to go on, Noah and I had to leave first to get seats by the balcony. My stomach was doing flips, I was surprised the baby wasn't kicking. Mikey hugged me, kissing my forehead, and giving me this look of fear.

I cupped his jaw, "You'll be great, Mikey." I kissed him quickly, "Do what you always do."

He smiled, "I can't even remember."

I smiled back, "It's like riding a bike, you never forget."

He exhaled, "Thank, M."

I nodded, letting Noah hug him next; Noah played with the earpiece by his ear, "Mommy told me to say Break a leg and two arms." Noah frowned, while we laughed, "Be careful."

Mikey kissed his cheek, "I'll be fine, have fun."

Noah nodded, then hugged Mikey, "I see you later?"

Mikey nodded, "Yep, you'll see me when it's over."

"'Kay." Noah gave Mikey one more squeeze around the neck, then he set him down.

I exhaled lowly and kissed Mikey once more, then went up to the balcony seats. Noah had chewed at his lip once we were seated, looking around, "Wow, mommy! Look at the people!" He pointed to the crowd in the pit.

"Yeah, I know."

"They see Uncle Gee and daddy?"

"Yep, they love them."

Noah frowned, "Why?"

I shrugged, "They love what daddy and Uncle Gee do."

Noah didn't pout any longer. He sat up in his seat, and looked down. He waited, and grew excited when the lights went down and the screaming started. He looked at me, "Are they comin'?" He asked in my ear.

"Yep. Keep watching."

Noah watched the stage, then smiled back at me when the music started. I was surprised that they started Give 'Em Hell, Kid. But, I understood when Gerard grabbed the mic and shouted, "Welcome back, Mikey fuckin' Way."

I smiled, watching Mikey move on the stage. He was almost front and center, but in the back at the same time. The crowd was excited and cheered louder than any I have ever heard before. The show was amazing, and Noah watched as much as he could before he got tired out. I carried him after the show was over, and back to the dressing room; I met with Ray first, "Hey, Frank and Mikey are watching Gee's little encore." He told me.

"Thanks." I told him, he nodded and disappeared.

I went side stage, and smiled when I saw Mikey. I tapped his shoulder, he turned around and grinned when he saw me. "I'd hug you, but I'm all sweaty." He said over the music.

"So?" I hugged him.

Noah looked up and hugged Mikey too. Mikey took him, holding him and rocking him, "He's sleepy." Mikey noted.

I nodded; "I'm gonna take him to the dressing room."

He kissed me quickly, "We got one more song left."

"Alright, I'll wait for you." 

Mikey smiled at me, then I turned and went to the dressing room, passing Ray along the way. I went inside, where it was quiet and set Noah down on the couch. He rolled over, sighing tiredly, I just smiled at him.

Just as I sat down, someone came into the room. I furrowed my brows a bit when I saw Alicia. I just wondered why she was here.

"Uh... Hi." I said softly.

"Hi. I was actually looking for you."

I raised my brow, "Why?"

She looked at me, then she looked at Noah, then right back at me. She cleared her throat, "I just wanted to apologize for everything."

I looked at her and blinked, "Okay."

"I don't expect you to forgive me, I just wanted to tell you that... I'm really sorry." She coursed her hair back, "You make Mikey very happy."

"Yeah, well, he makes me even happier. I love him." I told her.

She gave a quick nod, "I know you do. He's very lucky to have you." She smiled just a little, "And you two are making a great family. Your son is cute."

"Thank you."

She sighed, "I'm gonna go now. Congrats, too." Alicia quickly left the room before I could even reply.

I furrowed my brows, but didn't question it. I smiled, though, forgetting her, when Mikey came through the door. He was a little sweaty and smiling widely, "Fuck, that was crazy!"

The guys followed him in, "Yeah, man! Better than the last few." Frank replied.

Mikey came over, after setting his bass down, "Noah's out."

"He was very excited to see you." I explained.

"Let me just take the ear piece off and we can go." He told me.

"Hey, if you wanna stay--"

Mikey cut me off, "I'd much rather go home with you, M." 

I smiled at the look he had given me.

•••

Mikey carried Noah to the car, all the while he held my hand. It gave me sick butterflies at the way he was so affectionate. In the car, he had leaned over and given me a passionate kiss.

Mikey was killing my insides.

After he had pulled away, I took his hand and put it to my belly where our baby was kicking. Mikey's smile was wide again, and love clouded over his face. Pure joy etched across his face as well.

"I will never get tired of that." He said quietly.

I bit at my bottom lip, "Me either."

Mikey kept his hand in place even after the baby stopped kicking, "Do you ever think we'll have more? I mean, after a while..."

I nodded, "Of course, as many as we can handle."

Mikey's smile didn't falter, "Thank you, y'know, for being here for me, M."

"You're my husband, there's nowhere else I wanna be." I told him with brutal honesty.

He leaned over and kissed my jaw, "I love you."

I smiled, "I love you, too, you goofball." 

Mikey chuckled and started up the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, we're almost at the end! My heart is all sad! Ive been writing this story for the longest time; one of the longest I've had going, I might add. I'm so sad :( but, hey all things must end.
So, I gotta bring up shameless plugging, I got a new story featuring Mikey Way that I hope you guys will like. Just Click It!