Status: Brand New!

She's So Country

I'm Not Ready To Make, I'm Not Ready To Back Down

As Matt and I landed in Huntington Beach, I couldn’t help but miss my home. I really hated this. I hated the city. I hated it all. The worst part was leaving Oklahoma Crew behind. It was like leaving my best friend behind.
“We’re here!” Matt said pointing out the window of the plane.
“Oh joy.” I said and he rolled his eyes.
“Come on, we have a car waiting for us.” He said. After going past different security places and grabbing our luggage, we made our way outside.
“There it is.” He said pointing to a black SUV. We walked over to it and he opened of the back to put my luggage in. When we got in, I saw a dude with a fedora hat sitting in the driver’s seat.
“You must be Lucinda!” he said putting his hand out for me to shake. Instantly I noticed all of his dark tattoos, like Matt had. What were these guy’s in a gang or something? I mean seriously.
“And who are you? The grim reaper?” I asked.
“Just ignore her, Brian.” Matt said getting in. We drove for about thirty minutes before pulling up to a large house.
“We’re home.” He said getting out.
“More like prison.” I muttered.
“Let’s go inside. There’s people that want to meet you.” He said. Matt and Brian walked ahead of me while I took my time. When I finally got inside, I was met with three other men, and three women. Like Matt and Brian, the three other men were also decked out in tattoos.
“Lucinda this is Johnny, Zacky, Jimmy, Leanna, Lacey, and Michelle.” He said pointing to everyone.
“Nice to meet you.” Zacky said.
“Wish I could say the same.” I muttered.
“I’ll show you to your room.” Matt sighed. He led me up a staircase and through a hallway, stopping at the third door. I stepped inside and saw how huge it was. It was about three times the size of my bedroom back at home. And even that room was pretty big.
“Do you like it?” he asked hopeful.
“Yeah, I just wish I were home.” I said.
“It’s only for three months, Lucy. After that, if you’re still not happy you can go back to Raintree.” He tried.
“Fine.” I said.
“I’ll let you unpack. When you’re done come down stairs, we have some things to talk about.” He said and shut my door. The first thing I did was plug in my Ihome and turn on some country music. At least that was one thing he couldn’t take me away from. As Jake Owens voice filled my speakers, I began to unpack.
Most of my wardrobe contained tank tops and jeans. Nothing was at all fancy because I got dirty all the time. When I finished with my clothes, I moved on to the stuff for my room. I got done pretty quickly but decided to wait awhile before I went downstairs. When I finally got the guts to go down there, I found Matt.
“What did you want to talk about?” I asked.
“Well now that you’re living here, we have to figure out school. Here’s a list of the local schools, pick anyone you want.” He said handing me a sheet of paper. As I looked it over, I realized they were all either public schools or private schools. There was no way I was going to some stuck up rich kid school, but I also didn’t want to go to public school.
“Why can’t I be home schooled?” I asked setting the paper down.
“Why would you want to be home schooled?” Brian asked sitting down with us.
“I’ve been home schooled my entire life.” I said.
“That’s cause you were out in the middle of fucking nowhere.” Johnny said, also walking in, as I glared at him.
“Watch it! That’s my home.” I said defending where I grew up.
“Not anymore.” Johnny said. Having had enough, I stood up and marched up the stairs to my room, slamming the door. After a few minutes, I heard a knock at my door.
“Go away.” I said. But apparently whoever it was, didn’t care because they walked in anyways.
“What part of ‘Go away’ don’t you understand?” I snapped at Brian.
“Look Johnny didn’t mean it like that. We just want you to consider this your home too.” He said walking to me.
“This will never be my home.” I said.
“You haven’t even given it a chance. You haven’t even given us a chance.” He said.
“And I don’t have to.” I said standing up and walking into the bathroom. Again, I slammed the door shut. I heard footsteps retreat and I pulled out my cell phone. I dialed Ryan’s number and waited for him to pick up.
“Hey Luce? What’s up?” he answered.
“Come and kidnap me.” I groaned.
“What?” he laughed.
“Just hop on a plane and come and kidnap me. Please, I hate it here.” I said.
“You haven’t even been there for a full twenty four hours. Is it really that bad?” He asked.
“Yes.” I said.
“Well look at it this way. In exactly 120 day’s you’ll be back here training for the breeders cup. And in exactly three weeks, I’ll be flying out to see you.” He said.
“I’m counting down the days.” I smiled.
“Me too.” He said.
“I miss you so much.” I sighed.
“I miss you too. But hey, do me a favor and call your mom. She’s worried about you.” He said.
“Ok, I’ll call her in a bit.” I said.
“Ok, I have to go help Emily with some paperwork but I’ll call you later tonight.” He said, referring to his sister.
“Ok, I love you.” I said.
“I love you too.” He said and hung up. I sighed as I shut my phone and walked out of the bathroom.
“Hey, Lucy? Your dad asked me to tell you that dinner is ready. We’re having a BBQ in the backyard.” One of the girls said. But I couldn’t remember her name exactly.
“Ok, thanks.” I said. She nodded her head and walked out. Soon after, I walked down stairs and into the back. I saw everyone scattered around the yard and Brian grilling.
“Food’s ready!” Zacky called. I walked up to the BBQ and Brian handed me a plate with food on it.
“Eat up, cause this will probably be your only homemade meal for a long time. Unless Matt hires a chef.” Brian said laughing. I nodded my head and walked away. I saw everyone seated and saw that Matt had saved a seat for me next to him. But, I walked right past him and sat on the edge of the pool. When I was done eating, I walked around the house taking in everything.
After hearing what Brian said, I decided to take a look inside the fridge. All I found was some lettuce, an old carton of milk, a couple eggs, soda, and a large pink box. Now I knew what he had meant. There was no food whatsoever. My curiosity rose and I pulled out the giant pink box. As I opened it, I saw a giant sheet cake, with the words ‘Welcome Home’ written in icing.
Without even thinking, I used my finger to cross out the ‘Home’ part.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go! Sorry for the wait! Please comment and subscribe! :)