Status: Active

Momma, I'm in love with a criminal

Please don't hurt me!

Sophie frowned and felt her heart flutter. The man just stared at her as if awaiting her reaction. She finally got up the courage to speak.

"What do you mean you need my help? I don't even know you! You just came up behind me and scared me half to death and now you want my help? Hell no."

His eyes darkened and he took a step towards her. Sophie backed up until she felt the wall against her back. The man pressed himself close to her and braced his hands on either side of her head against the wall. This close, she could smell his scent. He smelt like oil and cigarettes but with the dull scent of aftershave. He stared her in the eyes and smiled a cold grin.

" What's your name?"

"Sophie."

"Sophie. That's a pretty name. My name's David." He gave her a flirtatious smile and winked at her. It didn't faze her. She kept a straight face but inside she was terrified. This was a man she had never met before. And he was now in her house. They were alone.

"Okay look David, I have no idea who you are but I want you to get the fuck out of my house right now!" Sophie hardly ever cursed unless she was majorly pissed or upset. David's grin fell away and his jaw tightened. They were both silent for a few seconds until he broke the silence.

"I'm sorry you feel that way", he said slowly. She watched him closely and her eyes grew wide as his hand went into his pocket and extracted a pocketknife. He put the knife against her throat and she trembled.

"No! Wait, please. I'm sorry. I- I'll help you however I can. I'll do whatever you want, just please don't hurt me." As she chocked out her pleas, hot tears began to stream down her cheeks.

David's face softened and he retracted the knife from her throat. He backed up and watched as Sophie slid down the wall and curled up into a ball. She began to sob hysterically. David cautiously walked over to her and crouched down. He reached forward as if to touch her face but she flinched and he dropped his hand. He rocked back on his heels and waited for her tears to dry up and then he spoke.

"I'm sorry I scared you like that. I....didn't mean to go that far, i just wanted to get my point across. I shouldn't have done that. Seriously, I won't hurt you if you help me out here." She raised her head and looked at him. She nodded and got up. Sophie wasn't sure what she had gotten involved in, but she knew it couldn't be good.