Status: Active

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall

Chapter Four

I stared at the pen and then looked back at Michael whose head was slightly tilted to side watching me with an intense look on his face. I could see his brow furrow as I looked at the pen for what seemed to be the hundredth time.

I could hear someone clearing their throat which snapped me out of my trance for a brief moment. The girl who had walked in with Michael, Skye, was standing at the opposite side of the counter with an amused expression on her face.

"Have you never heard of a pen?" She asked crossing her arms in front of her chest.

She cocked her eyebrow waiting for me to respond but all I could muster out was an unintelligible remark, "I-uh-I."

She sighed, "It's one of those things that you use to write. It's sort of like a pencil but a pen is permanent."

Michael shook his head at Skye, "She knows what a pen is-"

"Uh, of course I do. I just zoned out a bit that's all." I fiddled with my hands a bit from behind the counter nervously searching for the right thing to say.

"Could have fooled me." Skye smirked. Zach came to Skye's side then with his coffee still in his hand. He was leaning slightly towards her which indicated how close the bickering pair really were but the expression on his face seemed to tell something else. A scowl was placed on his face when he looked over at her but his expression softened when he looked at me. He gave me a small smile before taking a sip of his coffee.

If you haven't noticed, I've very intrigued by the small details in every day situations. I could analyze just about everyone's body language just from how close a pair of people are or whether or not someone has been lying or not. I guess you could call it a gift but it could also be seen as the exact opposite depending on whether or not you want to know what people truly think of you but I already know how people think of me. They think of me as a fat, waste of space. I know they do. I could see the expressions on each of their faces as I come walking by.

I looked down at the floor and then back up at Michael who was leaning further over the counter. When he saw me looking at him his eyes lit up and a smile that showed his dimples was in place.

I couldn't help but smile back at him. It wouldn't have felt right if I just remained emotionless so I picked up the pen and reached over for his drink that he still had on the counter. I carefully wrote my name and number on the top of the cup in blue ink then slid it back over to him.

With his smile still intact he said, "Thanks baby girl!"

I blushed and looked away which made me lock eyes with Skye whose eyes were fixated upon me. I gulped loudly causing myself to wince but Skye only smirked in response.

She shook her head which caused her long coal black hair to move from side to side. I squinted at her. I couldn't understand what made her shake her head in such a way until I saw her gently shaking her hands at her side which often said that you were either nervous or wanting to forget about something.

I turned my attention back to Zach who was staring at the door anxiously waiting to leave. I looked back at Skye once more and realized she had quickly composed herself. Her confident stature was intact and so was the smug expression on her face.

"We should probably get going." said Zach. Skye shrugged while Michael nodded.

"Expect a text from me soon." He grabbed his drink off of the counter and held it up. He winked at me which caused my already blushing face to go just a bit redder, "Don't go eating anymore cookies with out me."

My stomach rumbled in response. I crossed my arms over my already large stomach and tried my best to suppress a grimace. I waved to him as he turned to leave.

One by one each of them filed out of Starbucks. Michael held the door open for Zach but he didn't return the favor for Skye who was walking right behind him. She wasn't paying too much attention to the door which almost hit her square in the face.

I snickered at the sight of the both of them which caused Skye to turn around and glare. My eyes widened in horror, fully aware of how mean this girl could be but she just rolled her eyes and smiled before turning around to leave once more.

I let out the breath that I didn't realize I was holding and leaned against the wall. Who knew a small shift at Starbucks could be so bizarre.

It was not only bizarre from the moment I had walked in seeing Katherine huffing and puffing about her boyfriend who she had to meet but also when Zach walked in not even ten minutes after she had left. When I finally realized who he actually was thirty minutes later a girl with bright red lip stick whose confidence could blow me out of the water in a matter of a seconds appeared with a boy whose dimples made my heart melt.

I stabbed my nails into my palm trying to erase what feelings I had started to develop for Michael knowing that he may never even call. I sighed and stared around at the now nearly empty Starbucks. All that was left was an old couple talking quietly in front of the door. I smiled at them hoping that one day I could find someone to grow old and gray with me as well.

Who am I kidding, though? Who could possibly want to stay with a girl like me forever? Honestly, I think it would be a miracle if I could last more than a measly three days in a relationship. I guess that's not really a relationship though since we never even hugged once and I was always fixated on ignoring him whenever a text would come through.

Since my 'relationship' that I had when I was merely fourteen years old doesn't really count I guess you could say I've never actually been in one. It's been years since a boy has even asked for my number, that's why I was so taken aback when Michael had asked for it just a little while ago. I mean the last boy who asked for it was Steven and he only wanted to be my friend.

I snapped at of my thoughts when I noticed a small piece of paper lying on the floor. I walked behind the counter and picked it up. When I flipped it over I noticed a girl who looked much like myself staring back at me.

My hand flew to my mouth in complete shock at the girl who could practically be my twin. I stared at the door wondering just who had dropped this picture but then I remembered Skye telling me how much I looked like her sister and let me tell you, she wasn't kidding when she said that the resemblance was uncanny.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for the long wait >.< I know I wrote on my profile that I would update on the fourteenth but I never got around to it because I ended up spending the night at my best friends house and then I was at her house until the afternoon and then went over to my other best friends house until like nine...and then the next day I saw New Years Eve(which imo is so much better than Valentines Day) and then I SAW ALLSTAR WEEKEND MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 It was incredible. I had so much fun and now I'm going through major post concert depression. I miss them dearly D: I can't wait until the next time that they come if they do...GAH!
And now...I'm kind of out of excuses so my bad for not updating on Tuesday and Wednesday but here it is! It's pretty short so I apologize :/
Tell me what you think? Please?
Oh and also I just wanted to say thank you to Hey Its Ali!, love.laugh.music., ALLSTARLOVE333, AW TS SG Fan4ever, missxlovexx15, MyStories, iloveadub15, & music4life5430 for commenting on what I have so far! I'm so glad you guys like it and you're comments make me want to see this story out even though I have a feeling it may be a much longer process then The Mess I Made :P