Status: Currently being re-written

Shattered Expectations

I

ca·lam·i·ty
/kəˈlamitē/
noun
an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress; a disaster.

The room was silent. A stark contrast to the usual laughter and banter that filled the air whenever the couple were together. Underneath the denial, Louis knew what was coming. He could see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice for awhile now.

Her hazel eyes met his blue ones. They were dull and full of nerves; he missed the way they used to shine.

Another moment of silence passed before the beautiful brunette sucked in a deep breath, without a doubt talking herself into saying what was on her mind. Louis could read her like his favorite book.

"Things aren't the same, Lou." Her eyes dropped to her hands, no longer able to meet his gaze. He watched the way her fingers fidgeted in her lap; he missed her touch too.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't...love you like I used to...I'm sorry."

"Hannah-" He wanted to say something, to beg her to stay, but his brain couldn't find the words. Instead he sat with his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

With a sigh and a soft smile, his first love stood and walked to the door, dragging his heart along with her.

"Take care of yourself, yeah?"

The door shut and Louis' fist tightened almost painfully around the small ring box hidden in his hand, a sullen reminder of what he just lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is either going to be really good or really confusing, I don't really know what I'm doing. :-)