Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

Make Sure You're Still Alive

Mattie's P.O.V.

"Lex." I stated slowly, stepping closer, the effects of my hangover immediately forgotten as I pulled my sunglasses off. "I have something to say to you." I said as firmly as I could, a hint of sadness in my voice.

"Well, then say it." She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. Already on the defensive side.

Shit, this wasn't gonna be easy, was it?

"I want to apologize, I don't want you to be mad at me. What I said was not only a lie, but it was wrong and completely stupid of me. We've been through too much together, come too far as friends to let everything go." I sighed and sat on the couch.

"Bullshit." She stated.

"What?" My head shot up to look at her glaring eyes.

"Bullshit. It's more complicated than that. This isn't even that big of a deal, now that the fight's over and done with. But, there's obviously more to it than stupidity for you to go as far as calling me names." She said smoothly. This wasn't like her. Usually, when she was angry, she'd be talking so fast and screaming so loud that you could barely catch what she was saying. Right now, she was either pissed, of completely serious. As it turns out, both are bad for me.

"I don't know what else you want me to say, other then I'm sorry. I really am. There really isn't behind what I said other then stupidity." I sighed. Fuck. I cannot let her find out that I have feelings for her. It'd make everything so much worse. I was planning on telling her, until I found out she was with Ronnie.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

She never actually said she was with Ronnie, and she even went so far as to deny fucking him. She may not have been, but that's where it was headed.

"I don't know if I even want to accept your apology." She shrugged like what I had just said was nothing. I felt my heart drop into my stomach.

"Alexandria," I pleaded. "If not for me, for the band! It's gonna be nothing but tension from here if we don't solve this. Is that how you want it to be? Huh? Especially when we're about to record our first EP?" Please, just please, think about it." The desperation was pretty clear in my voice, even to me. She stared at me blankly for a minute, everyone else on the bus dead silent as well.

"I'll think about it." She stated simply. Maybe I can win her over when we go on an after the show.

"Thank you." I breathed, desperation replaced with relief as I rubbed my tired face.

"Don't go thankin' me yet. I dunno if I even wanna talk to you about this anymore. But, we have a show. And out on that stage, we're gonna act as if none of this ever happened."

I winced at her cold tone. She turned around and we all piled off of the bus toward the venue. As we neared the stage, I felt as if someone was staring at me. I looked to my right and saw the source of my feeling. Ronnie was giving me one hell of a death glare. For a second I questioned myself as to why he'd do that. Maybe he didn't want people knowing he was fucking Lex? Was he really that much of an asshole? No, as much as I hate to say it, he wasn't. Was it because he had feelings for her? They spend a lot of time together... fuck. That's not go at all for me. This is turning into a competition, and he's winning. Pretty soon, I was returning the death glare.

Lex's P.O.V.

We walked backstage and my mind was a storm of thoughts. Should I forgive him? If I do, I may never be a hundred percent sure of why he reacted so horribly. But I'll probably be able to repair the relationship with him.

If I don't, the band may fall apart, and I'll loose someone I easily consider one of my besfriends. I think the pros outway the cons. I'll just have to let him know, if he ever pulls shit like this again, I won't be so forgiving.

But either way, the show must go on. And believe me, it will. With all this drama, I barely remembered the next venue is the last one of warped tour. I've finally experienced warped tour. And what an experience it was. I sighed and the tech guy that was fitting me for my mic looked at me strangely. I just shook my head and went back to my day dreaming. We've been through some shit these past two months, I'm happy we're getting month long a break in L.A. with FIR. After tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong, I've had so much fun, and I've met so many people on this short tour. I've even made really good friends with a lot of people, I just wish it all of this wasn't getting to me so much. And Ronnie, well that a whole other story. The adorable ex-con/rockstar I've fallen for is taking up so much space in my head, that it's become hard to think about anything besides him lately. Yes, after two months, I can finally admit I've fallen for him. I don't know if he has for me, and that's probably why I haven't attempted to take what we have any farther.

"You're on in five!" Another techy shouted over, breaking me from my thoughts.

I walked over to the entry way to the stage with my band mates and Ronnie and Derek. We were playing a special show since it's the ending of warped. Ronnie and I were gonna sing 'The Ransom' together.

I looked at him and he grinned at me. I beamed back and we walked onto the stage and were greeted with screaming from the audience, making my shit-eating grin grow even more. He started us off.

"Sending shivers, right down you spine..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama, drama, drama!
Thoughts?