Status: Complete <3

Here's to the Friends That Were Alibis

As My Feet Are Leaving The Ground

Mattie's P.O.V. (The Next Day)

"So, you guys made up, eh?" Jesse smirked as he plopped down on the leather sectional on the side opposite of Lex and Ronnie, next to me.

There's a reason I'm not sitting over there with them. Well, mostly Lex. How could she be so forgiving? Especially to him, someone she just met a few months ago. I honestly don't understand why she's being so nice all of a sudden.

Back when we first met as teenagers, she was unforgiving. Once you crossed her, there was no coming back. From what Jesse told me, she's been like that since he's known her. It doesn't make any sense that she would have a sudden change of heart. And deep down, it's irratating me, I have to find out why everything's changing so quickly. Even if I don't like the answer...

"Yup." Ronnie smiled with a shit-eating grin on his face that I instantly wanted to permanently wipe off. "I was so nervous, I thought she'd spit in my face and tell me to "fuck off" or something." He laced his fingers with Lex's and I felt a pang at my heart.

Okay, I'll admit it. I'm jealous. Not just because he gets to hold her, kiss her, and probably much more, but also because I know she enjoys it. I think it'd be a different story if I knew she didn't care about him, and I would probably hurt a lot less as well. Knowing she wants to be with Ronnie makes me upset. I mentally frowned at the thought.

"I'm not that mean, Ronnie." Lex snorted and Jesse laughed.

"Yeah, okay, and I'm the muffin man." Jess rolled his eyes.

"Do you live on dreary lane?" I decided to stop inwardly moping and join the conversation. If I didn't, they'd probably immediately suspect I was unhappy about this.

"I thought you lived on Robbins avenue!" Lex giggled and shook her head.

"You guys are weird." Ronnie shook his head and Jesse patted Lex and I on the shoulder.

"We try." Jesse smiled and I nodded.

"Indeed." Lex confirmed with a nod, before we all burst into laughter.

Maybe this won't hurt as much as I thought...

Lex's P.O.V. (Two Days Later)

"C'mon hoe! We're gonna miss our taxi!" Jesse shouted from the entrance/exit of L.A.X.

"Calm your tits, bastard!" I yanked my luggage off of the carousel (yes, I learned what they're called.) and walked over to where Ronnie, Mattie, and Jesse were waiting for me.

"If we missed it, it's all your fault." Jesse joked and huffed.

"I'm sure you'll live, bitch." I rolled my eyes and laughed as we walked out of the large glass doors.

"I'm not a bitch..." Jesse pouted as we got to the cab.

"Maybe people would realize that of you'd stop acting like a bitch." I raised an eyebrow and he playfully narrowed his blue eyes at me, and was about to retort something, but Mattie cut him off by opening the trunk and yanking one of my bags out of his hands.

"Dude, you're not gonna win, just give up." He laughed and patted him on the back.

"I give up." Jesse sighed and threw his arms up in the air dramatically before entering the mini van taxi, being followed by Mattie.

I looked at Ronnie as we threw my bags into the hatch/trunk thing and giggled. "See, a bitch."

He immediately smiled and laughed. "Whatever you
say."

"Damn straight." I nodded as we go into the taxi and left.

"Hey guys!" Jesse shouted randomly ten minutes into our ride, successfully making us all jump and stare at him as if he were a physco.

"Um... I'm almost afraid to ask." Ronnie raised an eyebrow and looked at me and I shrugged.

"Yeah?" Mattie sighed and looked at him questioningly, as if he were five.

"We go back on tour in a month!" He grinned.

Greaaaaaaaat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the lack of updates lately, I honestly did forget for a while, & like I said before, unlike most writers, I'm writing this as I go. Thank you so much for all of my lovely commenters! I'll give you guys a shout out in the next chapter since I'm exhausted right now.