Until I Met You

We Need To Talk

~aubree~

The first thing I saw when I woke up was Matt smiling at me. He ran his thumb over my cheek. “Good morning sleeping beauty.” He cooed. I yawned as I sat up and gasped to see Raina at the foot of my bed.
“How did you get in here?” I wondered.
“I took the room key when I went to talk to her.” Matt explained. He looked over at Raina. “We need to talk.”
“Damn right we do!” Raina declared. “Aubree, why didn’t you tell me Mike was threatening you? I would have never put you through any of the nightmare that was last night.” She waited for an answer so I let out a long sigh.
“He said he would hurt Matt…”
“Why didn’t you tell anyone? I’m sure Susan would have listened-”
“You don’t understand! I’m the reason Mike knows everything! He knows how to get information out of me without even trying Raina! I was so scared that I’d accidently tell him.”
“Why didn’t you lie then?” Raina was being nicer now, but I could still tell she wanted to rip Mike’s throat out.
“Everyone can tell when I’m lying.” Matt sighed and backed me up.
“It’s true, her lower lip trembles. Raina looked at me for a moment with a look of disbelief, then snapped back to normal.
“Well, we’ve got some serious work to do on Superstars then. Mike and Nick are supposed to be there, so we’re going to have to make sure they never get near her.” She told Matt.
“Should we get Phil too?” I asked. Raina sighed and bit her lip.
“I don’t think he really wants to talk to me right now.”
“He’ll talk to me.” I said. Matt and Raina both looked stunned at my confidence. “W-when I explain everything, h-he might understand. Besides, w-w-we’re friends.”
“It’s worth a shot. Besides, we have to go get ready for our match and I’d feel better if she wasn’t alone.” I felt like they were my parents.
“You two have a match?”
“I made a call, so we’re going to be in a mixed tag team match against Nick and Eve. And I’m going to rip that little prick apart.” Matt growled.
“And I get to punch Eve all I want!” Raina said with a huge grin. “So, do you want us to walk you to Phil’s room?” I shook my head.
“I’ll be fine.” I promised. Raina gave me a small hug and left, telling Matt she’d meet him outside her room as she shut the door. Matt looked at me for a long time. “W-what’s wrong?” I finally asked. Matt just smiled sadly and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.
“I’m just worried about you, that’s all.”
Me? I should be worried about you! What if Mike-” Matt pressed his lips to mine and stopped me from talking. He pulled away and smiled.
“Mike isn’t going to do anything after what Raina did for you today.”
“Huh?” Matt described to me Raina pouring the water all over Mike and telling him to leave me alone and I couldn’t help but feel guilty. Raina had done all that for me? No one had ever done anything like that on my behalf, well, ever. Except my mom. I looked back up at Matt.
“What?” He asked. I kissed him softly.
“Please be careful.” I said. Matt blinked a few times, then just gave me his adorable grin and hugged me.
“No one is going to hurt me, or you, or Raina. I promise.” I felt tears slide down my cheeks as I gripped him even harder.
“I just don’t want to lose you.” I whispered. Matt pulled back and smiled.
“I’ll be alright, but I really have to get going, Raina will drag me out of here if I don’t.”
“Right.” I said, but I never wanted him to leave my sight, ever.
“Bye Aubree.”
“Bye Matt.” He slid off the bed and was halfway to the door before he stopped and ran back to me, wrapping his arms around me and locking our lips together. I felt my brain go fuzzy with bliss as he refused to let go and started to lean me backwards onto the bed. I felt like my stomach was on fire as he slowly laid over me and I began to run my hands through his hair. But just as things were getting good there was a knock on the door.
“Mattie! Let’s go!” Raina teased, imitating Eve. Matt sat up and sighed.
“Damn. To be continued.”
“R-right.” I said, smiling sheepishly. Matt gave me a small kiss and left. Raina waved to me as I sat, frozen, my face on fire and halfheartedly waved back. When Matt closed the door I let out a deep breath. What the Hell was that? And why was it the most incredible thing I had ever experienced in my life? I took a minute to recuperate, then hopped up, got in the shower, threw on some clothes and walked to Phil's room.
When I first knocked on the door I was afraid he wasn’t there, but then I heard his voice.
“I don’t want to talk to you.”
“Huh?”
“I said I-” he stopped when he opened the door and saw it was me. “Oh.” I could tell I must have woken him up because his hair was sticking out in every direction and he was just in a tee shirt and boxers. “What’s up Mouse?”
“Can I talk to you?”
“If you’re here to apologize for Raina, don’t.”
“Apologize for what?” Phil pressed his lips together.
“Come in.” He said finally. He said, shutting the door and leaning against it. “So what is it?”
“W-well, you see…” God I didn’t even know where to begin. I let out a long sigh. “You might want to sit down.” After I explained the entire situation to Phil, about Mike and the blackmail and being worried about Matt and Raina, he just sighed.
“He’s a dead man.” He muttered. Phil looked back up at me.
“Does he know that Raina and Matt know?” I nodded.
“When Raina found out she dumped a jug of water on him and told him that if he ever threatened me again she’s tear him a new one.” Phil smiled, I assumed at the idea of Mike being drenched in ice water.
“A whole jug?” He asked.
“A whole jug.” I confirmed, giggling.
“I wish I could’ve seen that.” He said, playing with his lip ring. “So I assume that they broke up.”
“They were never together, she already felt kind of iffy about him, it’s my fault for telling her he was nice.” I admitted.
“You were protecting Matt. No one can ever blame you for that.” I smiled.
“Thanks Phil.”
“Anytime. So am I just going to be your personal bodyguard or something?” I shook my head.
“No, not me and not that extreme, if you could just sort of keep an eye out for Matt and Raina, I would really appreciate it.”
“I thought they wanted me to watch you?”
“Well, they’re both already watching me, so could you watch out for them?” Phil looked like he was going to say something, but then he stopped.
“Make that face again.” He said.
“What face?”
“That sheepish face, make that face again.” I tried to recreate the face I had apparently made and Phil just stared at me.
“What?”
“Nothing, don’t even worry about it.” Phil stood up and smiled. “Well, as fun as this has been, I should probably get dressed and hit the gym to make sure Raina and Matt are okay.”
“Okay.” I said as I started for the door.
“Where are you going?” He asked.
“B-back to my room?” I asked.
“Not without me walking you over there first you’re not.” He pointed to the chair I’d been in. “Sit.”
“But-”
Sit.” I immediately sat down as Phil walked into the bathroom. I waited for no more than five minutes before he was back out and pulled me up. He walked me back to my room and as I walked inside he grabbed my arm. “You’re not going to leave this room, for any reason, before Matt, Raina and I get back, alright?”
“Alright.” I promised.
“Good.” He said, patting my shoulder. “I’ll see you in a few hours.”
“Bye Phil.”
When Phil had said ‘a few hours’ I had thought around two. But it wasn’t until a staggering four hours later that I finally heard Matt’s voice.
“Aubree! We’re back.” I threw open the door to my room and grinned to see Raina, Matt and Phil, but when I really looked at them I gasped. Matt had a black eye forming, and Raina had a few scratches on her arm. Phil was the only one who was unhurt.
“What happened?!” I demanded.
“Mike, Eve and Nick tried to rough us up a little bit, but we won.” Matt said with a big grin. “But, do you think you could cover this up?” He asked, pointing to his eye. I sighed.
“Yeah, come in.” As Matt walked in I could help but notice how Phil kept stealing glances at Raina and I beamed. “Are you guys coming too?” I asked. Phil looked at Raina.
“She’s got Matt, she’ll be fine.” Phil told Raina. She smiled and looked at me.
“I think Phil and I are going to get lunch. Are you two going to be alright for a little while?”
“I’m sure we’ll be fine.” I promised. Riana smiled at me. “Go have fun.” I said, feeling a bit like her mom or something. Raina mouthed a small ‘thanks’ as she and Phil walked off, his arm draped over her shoulder. All I could do was smile as I walked back into my room and closed the door. I turned to Matt, who was sitting on my bed with this devilish smile. He stood up and walked over to me and my face turned redder with each step closer that he got. He wrapped his arms around me and smiled.
“So, where were we?” He asked.
“Covering up your black eye.” I teased. He smiled and kissed my forehead and let me go. I pointed to the bed. “Take a seat please, Mr. Cardona.” I went to the makeup suitcase and pulled out a special kit we have for covering bruises. We usually only use it on the Divas since bruises make the guys look tougher, except for black eyes. I took the kit over to Matt and set it down next to him and started to get to work. But since I was so close to his face to cover up even the smallest discolorations with my brush, he kept stealing small kisses. I couldn’t stop giggling and he took that as a good sign. “Matt, stop, you’re going to make me mess up.” I teased.
“Well then stop so I can kiss you.” He said as if that was the obvious answer.
“Or you can wait another five minutes.”
“That long?” He whined. I smiled as I quickly finished covering up his eye and smiled, you could never tell he had one in the first place.
“All done.” I said. Matt smiled evilly.
“Excellent, now we can pick up where we left off.” He said, grabbing me round the waist and flipping me over onto the bed. I felt my heart thud painfully in my chest as he pressed his lips to mine desperately. I didn’t quite know what to do, so I just wrapped my arms around his neck. Matt then took my cardigan and slowly slipped it off, leaving me in just my tank top. He smiled as he went right back to kissing me, running his hands down my arms until he got to my hands; he laced our fingers together and pressed them above my head. I felt like my heart was going to burst when there was a knock on the door. Matt sat up, clearly frustrated.
“Are you serious?” He muttered as he slid off the bed and helped me up. I blushed as I slipped my cardigan back on and Matt opened the door to Raina and Phil.
“We interrupting?” Phil asked when he saw how red my face was. “Sorry about that. But our flight leaves for Superstars in, like, and hour.” Matt slipped his arm around me and walked out to get his things.
I let out a long sigh as I sat in my makeup room. Phil was backstage for Matt and Raina’s fight so he could run out and stop Mike if he tried anything. Susan wasn’t here tonight, she had called in sick, so it was just Molly in the other room and me in this one. I kept thinking about Matt and I in my room. When we had gotten off our flight all of us had collapsed, and Matt, Raina, and Phil had hit the gym again while I stayed locked in my room. But before they left Matt had whispered that he’d make it up to me after the show, so it felt as if the night was dragging on endlessly. I was surprised by a small knock on my makeup room door. I assumed Molly needed something, but when I opened the door all I saw was a very pissed off Nick.
I was about to scream, but he covered my mouth with his hand and kicked the door shut, locking us inside. He slammed me into the wall and glared at me, giving me this sickening smile. “Mattie isn’t here to save you, so you may as well not waste your breath. No one is outside.” He took his hand off my mouth and just grabbed my skull.
“B-But you’re supposed to be…”
“Mike took my spot, nice guy, right?” I had to get out of here, I had to get out now. Nick grabbed my cardigan and slipped it halfway down, using it to pin my arms to my side. “Now we can finally be alone.” Then Nick roughly pressed his lips to mine. I started to lift my foot to kick him, but he caught on and stepped on my feet, pinning me to the floor. I let out a small scream of pain and looked up at him.
“Why?” I asked.
“Because I can.”
“But why me?” I asked. Nick got this hungry look in his eyes and I immediately regretted my question.
“Because of this.” He said, running his hands over my ass. “And these.” He said as his hands snaked up to my chest. I folded my arms, trying to defend myself. He smiled. “And these.” He said, pressing his lips back to mine. Somehow in all of this one of his feet shifted so it was off mine and I kneed him straight in the gut. He doubled over in pain and I ran outside to find Phil. As I ran up to him, Nick hot on my heels, he didn’t even say a word, he just punched Nick right in the face and knocked him out cold.
“You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that.” He said. He looked over at me and saw how terrified I was.
“What happened?” We turned to see Raina and Matt, looking at Nick, then me, then Phil.

And that’s when I started crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHH.
So glad that's done.
I was really worried I wouldn't get it up before work,
but I did.
Next chapter is coming from SEG.
It will rock.
I promise for her.
xoxo
TMG

Aubree's Outfit