Until I Met You

Reminded of Someone

~Raina~
I sat there nodding and smiling at Laurinaitis. This was boring and I still needed to get my make-up done. I had already done my hair, it cascade down around my face like a black waterfall with electric blue highlights scattered throughout. He was babbling about the same old thing, Wellness Policy, European Tours, blah, blah and blah.
“So Raina is that ok? Do you understand everything?” I smiled getting up from my seat glad he was done.
“Yes Mr Laurinaitis everything is crystal clear.” I shook his hand and backed away to the door.
“Anyway I have to get going, got to have my make-up done.” The second the door closed my faced dropped the smile. I hated people like him, always enforcing stupid rules and just generally being a pain in my ass.

I walked along the hallway and before long I realised I was completely lost. I turned to go back round when somebody shouted hey. It was Phil or to you CM Punk.
“Oh Hi can I help you?” I smiled pleasantly, he was one of my favourites to watch he had such good in ring skills and hardly ever bodged his moves.
“Well I was going to ask you the same thing.” He chuckled and against my better judgement I told him I was lost.
I was very independent and I hated to admit when I had gone wrong or got lost. I had fought so hard to get everything I had. Most of the stars here came from rich families or were second and third generation superstars. I wasn’t any of those, but I was a damn good learner and nothing could deter me once I had made a decision. I spent most of my life fending for myself, so I couldn’t stand people who thought they were better than me and rubbed what they had in your face. But instead of telling him I was fine I found myself asking him were make-up was.
“So yeah if you could show me to make-up that would be great Phil.”
“Yeah sure. So I’m guessing you’re the new diva that Ace keeps talking about? Raina isn’t it?” He smiled down at me as we walked along to make-up.
“Yep that’s me. My first match is against Phoenix, Natalya and Tamina. I’m teamed with Kelly and Alicia. So should be fun.” We stopped outside and he gestured to it.
“Well here we are. I’ll be cheering you on backstage.” He winked and walked away. Wow hot or what? I would definitely love working here.
I knocked on the door and walked in to see an older woman who I assumed was Susan and Kelly.
“Oh hi Raina, you looking forward to tonight?” Stupid question if I wasn’t I wouldn’t be here.
“Sure Kelly I’m like super excited!” She was so dim, at least Susan had caught my sarcasm.
“Well you won’t have long to wait to get your make-up done, Aubree will be back shortly.” I smiled and lent against the wall watching Susan work her magic on Kelly. I didn’t get why Kelly wore so much make-up, she was prettier without it all. But I guess girls like her weren’t happy unless they were covered in it. I heard the door open up and as I turned was greeted by very timid looking woman about my age. She held out her hand to me and I took it.
“Hi, I’m Aubree.” Her smile didn’t quite reach her eyes, it left her looking like a deer caught in a cars headlights.
“Hey there, I’m Raina. How are you Aubree?” Kelly sniggered and I turned to look at her.
“We call her Mouse it’s her nickname.”
“Well would you prefer Aubree or Mouse?” I wasn’t about to call her something she didn’t like.
“Um, well w-whatever you prefer.” She stammered, why did she look so nervous? Kelly started to giggle.
“And what are you laughing at?” I snapped, she at least had the decency to blush which made Susan smile. “Well I’ll go with Aubree, ok?” I smiled at her trying to relieve her of her nervousness.
“Sure” She smiled still a little timid. “Do you want to come with me? I can get your make-up done now if you like?” Boy she was so timid, she ended almost every sentence like she was asking a question. I smiled and followed her out and to her room.
I sat quietly as she went to work. She frowned in concentration as she did her thing and I was reminded of someone, but I could think who. I kept stealing glances at her not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable, but at the same time trying to see if I knew her from somewhere.
“So Aubree how long have you been here for?” I wanted to make conversation with her like a normal person would so as not to make her feel uncomfortable. I started to wonder if I had said something wrong until she finally answered.
“Almost a year, I’m just an intern right now. What about you? How long have you been wrestling for?”
“A long time, it’s the one thing I could share with my dad. I joined a wrestling academy while I was still in high school. When I left I hit the independent circuit until about two years ago when I got took on at FCW. I always wanted to get here and now I have. So do you have a boyfriend? I bet you’re dating one of the stars, aren’t you?” I laughed teasingly.
I had clearly put my foot right in it I thought she was about to cry, but she took a deep breath and smiled sadly.
“No I’m single, I er. What about you?” She quickly diverted it to me and I dived on it hoping to keep the mood light.
“No single too. Not really looking either.” Maybe this was just a bad topic altogether, I didn’t want to be thinking about him. “So do you want to go out for dinner, after the show? I mean like I need to get to know everyone and you can tell me who is ok and who I should steer clear of.” I had shocked her again, man oh man.
“I er, maybe I don’t...” She stopped as there was a knock on the door and in walked Matt Cardona. Aubree blanched at the sight of him, I could only guess he was the reason why she didn’t want to talk about relationships.
“Hey Mouse, can I talk to you for a second.” She blushed like crazy and I tried to keep the smile from my face.
“I’m busy right now sorry, I have to get Raina’s make-up finished, then I have to do Nick’s.” She hadn’t turned to face him.
“Mouse…”
“Her names Aubree not Mouse.” I spoke up I could see she didn’t appreciate being called Mouse and I felt I had to stick up for her.
“I knew that.” I could clearly tell he didn’t. “Look Mou…Aubree I wanted apologise for before.” She looked at him and I could see she was totally crazy for him. Call me an interfering idiot, but I couldn’t resist.
“Well you want to apologise, why don’t you come out with us tonight? Buy her a drink and really apologise.” She blushed crazily, but Matt smiled happily.
“Sure I’d be up for that.” His smile was back in place as he left.
“Why did you do that?” It almost sounded like she was snapping at me, but there wasn’t enough emotion behind it so she didn’t mean it.
“I was making friends. Plus whatever he did or said to upset you, he’s now going to apologise to you. Don’t worry I’ll be there I won’t let him do anything. Have you got an outfit? I could let you borrow one if not.” Wow I was virtually mothering her what was wrong with me today?
“I’ve got an outfit. You promise you won’t leave me?”
“No I said I wouldn’t so I won’t, unless I become a third wheel.” I smiled mischievously. “So I’ll see you later. Be ready!” I jumped out of the chair and was out the door before she could protest.
My match wasn’t on until later in the show. I headed to the divas locker rooms and changed in to my ring attire. I really should have changed before make-up, but I managed to change without messing Aubree’s perfect job. I walked down to the green room to wait and watch tonight’s show. I walked in to only a handful of stars among them were Glenn, Barbie and Victoria. I really didn’t want to sit with Barbie and Victoria so I chose to sit down with Glenn Jacobs (Kane). He glanced up at me and did a double take.
“Hi Glenn, Pleasure to meet you. I’m Raina.” I held out my hand for him and he smiled goofily, taking my hand in his much larger one.
“Hi Raina, you’re the new Diva right? Why don’t you go and hang with them? You don’t want to be hanging with an old man like me.” He chuckled.
“But why would I want to hang with some girls who’ll leave the company the second they have a better offer. When I can talk with The Devil’s Favourite Demon especially if I’m nice to him he could give me in-ring pointers.” I winked playfully at him.
“I guess you have a point there. Aren’t you against Beth and Nattie tonight?” I nodded. “Well ok you want to watch Nat she can be really aggressive. And watch out for Beth she’ll attack you if the ref isn’t looking.” He was happy to be of help.
“Thanks Glenn, fancy showing me that Chokeslam of yours sometime.” He chuckled at that.
“Sure whenever you’re free.” Barbie and Victoria had got up and signalled it was time for our match.
“Ok cool. I’ll talk to you later Glenn and thanks for the advice.” He smiled again and jogged to catch up with the two divas.
The match was over pretty much before it even started. It was ridiculous, a quick turn each and then Boom it was over. I waved at the fans as I walked backstage slightly ahead of Barbie and Victoria.
“Hey nice match out there.” It was Phil and he was leaning against the wall as I came through the curtain.
“Hi again. Thanks though it barely lasted three minutes. I’m used to fifth teen, twenty minute long matches. Any way I’ll catch you later I’m going out with Aubree for a meal and drinks.” I didn’t wait for his reply as I jogged off to the divas locker room to change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok here's my first chapter.
Hope you liked it.
Please do review and look out for the next installement brought to you by That Mormon Girl :D
Raina's Outfit
Raina's Ring Attire