Until I Met You

Why Was This So Hard?

~Raina~

When we got to the arena and Aubree took off the second Matt arrived I was sure it was an excuse to ditch him. But then she walked back with Phil. I was confused what was he doing here?
“You invited Matt for me, so invited him for you. That way you don’t have to feel awkward.” OK but that still didn’t explain why she invited Phil. I didn’t have the chance to ask as Aubree’s face light up like the fourth of July. “N-not that M-Matt and I would m-m-make you feel awkward…” I tried so hard not to laugh, but Phil saved the day by leading us off to the restaurant. I walked ahead with Phil so that Aubree and Matt could talk.
“So Raina, how you liking it here so far?” Phil nudged my shoulder to get my attention.
“Yeah it’s pretty cool, it’s just a shame about the divas division. I mean it’s so lacking in real talent, just a bunch of models and poser’s. So how come you’re tagging along?” I wanted to find out why she had invited Phil, but as I looked over at him he blushed lightly and there was my answer. I jumped back in with another question to avoid the awkward moment. “So how did your match go? I missed it.” He looked a little put out that I had changed the subject, but answered it any way. We talked about what he was going to do now he was WWE Champion and went back to talk about the appalling divas division in the WWE at the present time.
As we got to the small bar and grill that Phil had spoken about, I glanced back at Aubree and Matt. I thought he must have upset her as she suddenly didn’t look happy, but she gave herself a shake and her smile was back in place. I sat down in a booth at the back and Phil slid in next to me. Aubree sat opposite me and blushed as Matt slid in next to her, this was either going to be a very long night or an interesting one. It all depended on how brave Aubree was feeling. The guys started talking about number one contenders and their dislike for Nick Nemeth.
“So Raina how did you get picked by the WWE from FCW?” Aubree asked clearly going for a safe and easy subject.
“I was having a match against OBD, she’d dropped by and the powers that be decided we should have a street fight. Hunter just happened to be there that night. And well he liked what he saw. He dropped by the next few weeks to see me in action and the next thing I knew I had a contract to be the new Raw Diva.” I decided to make her laugh and succeeded when I turned the topic to Beth and how I was sure she was a man. As dinner was served we all lapsed into a pleasant silence. I don’t think Phil noticed, but I did. Matt was slowly edging his hand closer and closer to Aubree. By the time desert was served Aubree and Matt were holding hands under the table. It took everything I had not to be stupid a squeal in delight. OK I was confused, why was she bringing out such a reaction with me? I would normally let people get on with it, but I was helping her and it felt good.
Phil slid his arm across the back of my seat ready to put his arm around me. And I must admit I panicked. I wasn’t ready for a relationship, I wasn’t even looking. Aubree excused herself to go to the bathroom and I made my excuses and followed. When we got to the bathroom I had relaxed and I couldn’t stop the smile spreading across my face.
“Aubree, you sly girl. I wouldn’t have thought you had it in you. But there you were holding hands with the delectable Matt.” She blushed at my response, I chuckled. “It’s ok I’m just teasing, but seriously Aubree congrats, I may just get you out of that shell of yours yet.”
“Thanks Raina, I was so scared about tonight, but it’s better than I could ever imagine.” She hugged me again, but this time I hugged her back. I wasn’t the hugging type, but it felt right.
“You are more than welcome.” I grinned like a Cheshire cat. I watched her reapply her lip gloss, then she turned to me confused.
“Raina?” She sounded nervous again. I smiled reassuringly and gestured for her to go on. “Why did you duck out just now? I m-mean Phil was trying to…” She cut herself as my smile faded. It made her look more nervous, I quickly thought of an easy way to say it without getting into the whole drama.
“It’s ok, I’m just not interested in a relationship right now. I’m here to work and I have a little time to make friends.” I recovered quickly and smiled pulling her from the bathroom.
As we came out the guys had paid and where waiting for us so we could leave. We caught a taxi back to the hotel and the drive was quiet. My room was only a few doors down from Aubree’s. So when we got to her room Matt leaned down and pecked her on the cheek, thanking her for letting him come out with us. She blushed like crazy and she looked adorable, Matt chuckled and waved goodnight to us. Phil lent down to kiss my cheek and I purposely dropped my clutch bag so I could duck out the way.
“God Damn!” I frowned picking it and the contents up. “Well thanks for tonight Phil, I had fun.” I smiled as I walked backwards to my room. I had shoved my keys back in my bag and as I dug for them Aubree walked over.
“Raina? He was just being friendly.” She whispered. I knew what she meant and he mostly likely thought I was a complete freak now.
“I know, but I dropped my bag. I needed to pick it up.” God that was so lame. “Goodnight Aubree I’ll see you tomorrow.” I went in and slid down the door.
Why was this so hard? Phil seemed like a nice guy. He had never hurt me, I hadn’t known him long enough to hurt me. So why couldn’t I just go with it? If he was a nice guy bonus, if he turned out to be a complete douche then I could tell him to hit the bricks. Thinking about him brought tears to my eyes and I slammed my head against the wall in anger of my stupid tears. This was all Adams fault, he broke me and know I was useless. Sure I could dish out the advice on love, be a real match maker, but I couldn’t sort myself out. I pulled myself together enough to drag myself up and to the bathroom to wash and change. I would be ok in the morning, I’d be completely over it all.
I got up a little late the next day, I quickly changed and grabbed my bag before heading down to Aubree’s room. When I knocked she opened the door pretty quickly and had a huge smile on her face.
“Oh morning Raina, I thought…” I smiled cutting her off, I knew full well who she thought I was.
“Matt, its ok. Are you two going out today? If you are we can do something tomorrow instead.” She had forgotten I said I’d come round. “It’s ok honestly Aubree, I can hit the gym if you’re going out with Matt.” I winked and she smiled happily.
“Are you sure I could…”
“No don’t even think about cancelling on him. I’ll see you later ok?” She smiled as I walked away. I needed to get some breakfast first anyway. As I sat in restaurant Eve made her way over to me and sat down.
“Morning Raina, what are you up to today?” Why did she care I had never spoken to her before.
“Nothing might hit the gym later.” Did I really want to make friends with her? She had more skill than some of the others, but she had a tendency to bodge her major moves.
“OK that’s cool, I might join you.” She smiled as she sipped her coffee. I noticed Phil had walked in he looked over dejectedly, I smiled apologetically and he waved. “Oo you got the hots for Phil don’t ya?” What where had that come from?
“No we’re just friends we went out in a small group last night for dinner.” I frowned, I didn’t want to talk about this with her.
“Ok if you say so. I know who I wouldn’t mind, Matt Cardona. I mean he’s hot right and he’s the United States Champion too. And you know that means… he’s getting paid more.” She grinned, what a gold digging bitch. There was no way she would get her claws in to Matt. “And you never know Raina I might win him over with this new storyline relationship of mine and his. I hope we can work together next week, you were pretty good last night, for a rookie.” My jaw dropped, did Aubree know about this? I couldn’t have her trying to steal Matt from her. And who the hell was she calling a rookie? I have more skill in my little finger than she will ever have in a lifetime.
“Well Eve I hear Matt’s taken. Sounds like they are real happy together too. And besides it’s just a storyline, doesn’t mean anything. And personally I’d like to go one on one with you.” She laughed like I was some naïve twelve year old.
“That’s cute Raina, but I don’t care if I have to steal him from his girlfriend. I tend to get what I want and I want him!” I wondered what I could do to prevent her from trying. Maybe I could get myself in on this storyline and put myself between her and Matt? She waved by and walked away, who could I talk to about it? I didn’t know any one well enough and if I told Aubree she’d most likely drop Matt now, instead of losing him to her later. As I was pondering this my phone rang.
“Hello?”
“How’s my little Storm Cloud?” It was my dad, I hadn’t heard from him in a while, I knew my face was lit up it was so good to hear from him.
“I’m good dad did you catch my match last night?”
“I sure did baby and you were fantastic. You are going to dominate that division!” I couldn’t help but laugh, he hadn’t always been the best dad, but he tried hard and know he was retired he tried extra hard to support what I did.
“Thanks dad, I don’t think I’ll be champ for a while, but gimmie a couple of months and that title will be mine.”
“That’s my girl, be confident and you’ll be at the top in no time. So you met anyone you like?” He had been badgering me for the last few months, he knew not to push though. “I’ll take that as a no then. Oh by the way you’re in South Dakota next week and guess who’s got a ticket?”
“No way seriously? You’re going to come? Dad this is great I can’t wait to see you.”
“I know and I can’t either. We’ll go out after the show and you don’t fly out straight away so we can have some father, daughter time. Any way baby I’m going to have to go I’ll call you later in the week.”
“OK bye dad.” I hung up happy that my dad would be there to see me fight, but my mind soon wandered back to Aubree and Matt. I needed to think of some way to keep Eve away from Matt, while keeping Matt and Aubree together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok that's it from me this chapter.
Next one's coming at you from TMG :D
You know it'll be a good one.
Don't froget to review :D
Raina's Restaurant Outfit
Raina's Outift