Until I Met You

Hmm, Awkward!

~Raina~
After speaking with my dad I back tracked to my room and put on some sweats. I headed to the gym, I was going to do a serious workout seen as I had nothing else to do today. I started on the treadmill and put in my ear buds, turning my music way up high blasting Avenged Sevenfold, System of a Down and My Darkest Days through my ears. This was where I came for a little peace. Gyms were my haven a place where I could let out my pent up energy and emotion. Thoughts of Adam, my dad, Phil, Eve, Aubree and the mother I never knew ran through my mind. I forced each one out and away with every pounding step I took on the treadmill. It was late in the afternoon when somebody turned off my treadmill.
“Hey what the hell?!” I opened my eyes to see The Miz waving a bottle of water in my face. I took out my ears buds and frowned at him. “What?”
“Sorry, but you’ve been on there for like three hours. You need to drink some water or something.” He said with hint of concern. As I looked at the bottle of water my throat suddenly felt dry.
“Yeah you’re right.” I stepped off and he handed me the bottle of water. He had the cutest smile on his face as I took it. “Thanks Mike.” I smiled savouring the feeling of the cold water hitting my throat.
“It’s ok I just didn’t want you passing out or something. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone hit the treadmills like that.”
“Yeah well I have nothing better to do today so best way to burn energy is in the gym.” He smiled at me appreciatively.
“Well why don’t we go out. I’m just going bowling with Kevin and then for some food if you want to come with us?” Ok this was more than just being friendly. Did I want, no I would go out with him and Kevin. I wouldn’t be afraid, what happened with Adam was ages ago and not every guy was like him. Plus Mike was way cute and one of my favourite heels.
“Sure Mike I’d love too.”
“Great well I think we both need to go get changed.” He smelt himself in jest and smiled. “I think a shower is in order too. I’ll meet you in the lobby in forty five minutes?”
“Sounds like a plan.” I smiled walking with him to the lifts. My floor was before his and I got telling him I’d see him soon and walked off to my room. The second I closed my door I felt panicked again. If Aubree could see me now she’d laugh until her ribs hurt. I took a deep breath and calmed myself, I could do this, I was, I am a strong independent woman. I showered again as I certainly did stink and changed my clothes. I blow dried my hair and let it frame my face. I quickly grabbed my bag and headed down to the lobby. When I got down there Kevin was already there and he waved me over to him.
“Hi Kevin, I guess Mike told ya I’m coming, you don’t mind do you?” I smiled as he leant down and kissed my cheek.
“No not at all Raina, I’d much rather have your company than Mike’s.” He said jokingly as Mike came towards us.
“I heard that Kev. So we ready to go?” Mike asked punching Kevin on the arm.
“Sure let’s get going!” As we walked out of the hotel Mike casually placed his arm across my shoulders. I so badly wanted to move it, but I restrained myself. I had bodged last night I wouldn’t do it again today.
When we got to the bowling alley Kevin sorted out the lanes and shoe hire. We were going to have three games and the loser had to buy dinner. Kevin was fantastic and he was definitely winning.
“Jeez can you show off anymore? You’re making me look bad!” Mike complained, I laughed at the look on his face.
“You don’t need me to make you look bad Mike, you do that all by yourself.” He chuckled and I couldn’t help but laugh at him.
“He’s got you there Mike, but being good at bowling is not exactly a major skill is it?” He smiled at me and pecked my cheek causing me to blush. God damn it, guys never use to be able to do this to me. It was me that caused them to blush, me that made them stutter and feel awkward.
“Well you have a point there, but making you blush is high on my list of skills. “ He smiled at me cockily. Kevin rolled his eyes and got yet another strike. At the end of the last round it was two games to Kevin and one to me. Mike having come last in all the rounds.
“Guess that means you’re buying dinner Mr Must See.” Alex thought it was hilarious while Mike just glared at him jokingly.
“Oh shut it Kev! I was letting you win it was my way of getting to buy Raina dinner.” I felt some of my own cockiness come back.
“Sure Mike and I’m really Stephanie McMahon.” I laughed.
“Damn I knew you looked familiar.”
“Ok cut it with the cheesy lines. I’d like to be able to eat my dinner. Especially seen as you’re buying”
We walked down to a restaurant not far from the bowling alley. We talked mostly about work and my stance in the divas division.
“Well I don’t know I’m thinking of going heel. I was heel at FCW for most of my time there and I was good at it, but most of the really technical divas are heel here so I wouldn’t have much competition if I did turn heel.”
“You should turn heel then you and Him could be in a storyline like Ryder and Eve.” Alex joked.
“Hey that’s not a bad idea, but she doesn’t have to be heel for that, she can stay face. It’d make it all the more interesting.” Mike had got an evil twinkle in his eye and I frowned at the both of them.
“Well she is sat right here. And I don’t think I want to be in that kind of storyline just yet.”
“No of course not. Just a thought Raina. So do we want to go out to a club later?” Kevin looked like he was up for it until he looked at Mike. He placed his arm across my shoulders again.
“Nah I don’t think so Mike. I was just going to watch some movies.” Kevin looked like he was on the verge of sulking.
“Ok to bad, what about you Raina?” I thought about it, was it a good idea to be going out with Mike? He clearly wanted it to go somewhere and I wasn’t sure if I was that ready or willing. And I thought about how Phil would feel after I brushed off his advances yesterday. I needed time to think and then I thought about Aubree, she would be able to tell me what Mike was like.
“I don’t know Mike, I was going to have girls a night in with Aubree. But I’ll talk to her after the show and see what she says, ok?” His smile faltered he clearly thought there was no way I would refuse him. I couldn’t decide whether I thought it was cute or arrogant that he thought I would say yes straight away.
“Sure thing, well I’m on Smackdown tonight any way so if you give me a call later to let me know. It would be great if you would come out tonight. Here’s my number.” He jotted down his number on a napkin and handed it to me letting his hand linger over mine. I pulled my hand from his and smiled.
“Sure thing Mike.”
When we got back to the hotel I quickly ran to Aubree’s room hoping she had come back before the show, but she hadn’t or she had already left. As I walked to my room I called her number. She didn’t answer so I left a message. “Hey Aubree it’s me Raina. Look Mike as in The Miz, asked me out with him tonight to a club. I need you to call me back and tell me if it’s a good idea or not. I can’t make my mind up if he’s a sleaze or just being sweet. Call me ASAP!” I flopped down on my bed and turned the TV on I would waste time until Aubree called me back.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK that's it for my chapter.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Reviews Please :D
Next Chapter TMG, guaranteed to be Awesome.
Raina's Outfit