Status: Active, slow update

Six Feet Under The Stars

#016

I stirred my Frappuccino lazily as I rested my head on my hand and looked outside the window. The street wasn’t really crowded in this Tuesday afternoon so I could check every people that came near this coffee shop carefully.

I had been sitting here for 30 minutes and there’s no sign of my boyfriend coming here. It was him who made this appointment to meet up here and it was also him who came late. I sighed in annoy as I took my phone from my purse and typed a message:

[Will you ever come here or not?]

I remembered the reason I finally wanted to talk to John and made an appointment to meet up with him. It was Jared, Alex and Jack who made me finally gave up ignoring John. It began when Jared called me in the morning right two days after Alex answered John’s call and talked to him.

***

”How are you doing, Caroline? Long time no talk,” Jared started the conversation.

“Sleepy. You gotta have something important to tell me by calling me this early, Jared.”

“Well, it’s 9.30 am already, Sleepyhead. I thought you’re a morning person, huh?” Jared laughed to himself.

“I was busy writing until 2 am. I got a lot of inspiration last night and they wouldn’t let me stop writing,” I answered as I yawned. “So, what’s so important?”

“We’re heading home tomorrow morning,” Jared informed. “Well, uh, I was thinking if you want to hang with us today-“

I didn’t answer Jared immediately remembering I had this problem with his band’s lead vocalist. Well, I gotta say that my anger to John had beaten my wants to meet the other boys. So by that, I told Jared that I didn’t want to hang with The Maine for a while.

“Is that because of John?” Jared asked as I shortly answered yes. “You can’t do that to us, Carol, we wanna hang with our best friend before leaving this town!” Jared whined a bit which only made me rolling my eyes.

“I’d love to hang with you all, okay? But if John is there, then maybe we can do it someday later.”

“Have you tried to talk to him?” Jared asked. I then told him what happened when John called me when I was at Alex’s house. I could sense that Jared was frowning to hear my story by him not saying anything after I finished my story.

“Well, Carol. I think you need to talk to him,” Jared suggested. “You need to hear his story, Carol. I bet you haven’t asked anything to Alex, right?”

“Yeah. But I’m just not ready yet for anything, Jared. I still can’t believe he cheated on me,” I said, “and none of you telling me about that.”

“I’m sorry, Carol. I really apologize. We didn’t want you and John having a fight while you both are busy with your own business.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I lazily said. “Now if you mind, I’m going to take a shower because you have ruined my sleep, Jared,” I laughed a bit so we wouldn’t feel awkward to each other.

“Okay, take your time, Girl.” Jared said. “Remember, we’re heading back to Arizona tomorrow morning.” He continued before hanging up.

***

“Just talk to him, Carol. Solve your problem with him.”

“Yes, I agree with Alex,”

“But I don’t know how I should react when I meet him.”

“Slap him if you think it’s needed!” Jack suddenly exclaimed making me and Alex squeaked. “What?! You need to show him that you’re mad. Don’t let him win over you!”

“Calm down, Barakat,” Alex finally said as he rolled his eyes to Jack. He then turned to me and asked, “Do you want me to accompany you? I won’t be with you when you both talk, but I’ll be there whenever you need me.”

“Uhm, sure,” I answered after thinking for several minutes. “Where will you be when I’m talking to him?”

“I’ll just go around. I’ll take you to the meeting point and pick you up there when you’re finished.” Alex explained. I nodded to his suggestion as I showed him a simple smile.

“Can I come with you, Lex?” Jack asked with big puppy eyes.

“No,” Alex simply answered.

“Why not? I can help Carly to slap that lanky guy if he broke Carly’s heart again!” Jack exclaimed again before looking at me, asking for support.

“No, Jack. Sorry,” I giggled. My fingers made a peace sign in front of his pouting face.

“Go call your boyfriend and set an appointment with him this afternoon, Carl,” Alex told me. He suddenly grinned to himself and said, “And Jack, go call Claire. You probably want another make out session with her when Caroline and I away later.”

“Hey!” Jack yelled. His face suddenly turned red making me whistling to tease him. “Shut up and call your boyfriend, Carly! Dammit, Lex!”


***

I sipped my beverage while starring at the front door, and there I finally saw him jogged inside the shop as his eyes searching for someone. I immediately turned my head to the window so he wouldn’t find me but I was late, he quickly made his way to my table and greeted me.

“I don’t have much time,” I shortly said after I saw him sat in front of me.

“I’m sorry, I took wrong turns and got lost,” he excused. “I’m so glad you finally want to talk to me, Caroline.”

“I’m not going to talk. Say what you need to say, John, I’ll listen and go.”

John didn’t say anything; his face showed that he was exhausted and confused. I could see that he was nervous too. I kept looking at him while stirring my Frappuccino, waiting for him to say something.

“John,” I called, “I told you I don’t have much time.”

“Me too, Honey, don’t worry. Give me just a minute to breathe, I’m so exhausted,” I was going to argue him but he stopped me by raising his hand. “Okay, okay, please listen, okay?”

I nodded slowly, giving him a time to inhale, exhale, and start his story. Just like what I said before, I only listened to his story without giving any responds. I didn’t even ask him any details of his story and just let him finish his story just the way he would like it to be.

“I’m sorry, Caroline, I really am.” John said at the end. “I know it was my fault too for having too much alcohol, I should’ve known that some girls really want to get the advantages of drunken me.”

“Okay.” I shortly said. “I gotta go now.”

“No, tell me you forgive me, Honey,” John tried to reach my hand but I quickly put my hand inside my coat’s pocket.

“Do not Honey me, you’re not forgiven—yet.” I unsurely said.

John showed me his frown with a face full of question marks. I sighed deeply and sipped my beverage again before talking.

“That’s your side of story, I need to hear Alex’s story so I can prove if you’re right or wrong.”

“You don’t believe me?” John asked in disbelieve. “Look, Carol, I didn’t know anything but that friend of yours wouldn’t stop beating me up!”

“I am going to hear Alex’s side of the story, John Cornelius O’Callaghan,” I said again with an emphasis while saying his full name. That’s what I always did if I wanted him to listen to me. “Now if you mind, my friend is here already to pick me up,” I glanced to the front door where I saw Alex stood there looking at me and John weirdly.

“I actually don’t like it when you’re hanging out with him, Carol.”

“And who are you telling me what to do?” I annoyingly asked.

“I’m still your boyfriend,” John said with a sad tune, a frown was showed on his face. “I hope you will forgive me, Caroline.”

I only looked at him, didn’t dare to do anything more. But then John moved and suddenly gave me a quick kiss and hug.

“Bye, call me soon, okay?” John smiled for the last time before walking out of the coffee shop. As he came near where Alex stood up, they seemed exchanging looks before John went away without looking back again.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOD, I'M SORRY FOR LEAVING YOU ALL FOR MORE THAN A MONTH

You know, freshman year sucks, as always. I got pretty busy with this and that stuffs and it was even more suck when I didn't have internet connection at all.

The point is.. I'M SO SORRY. OH MY GOODNESS.

Well, here it is. Another conflict that probably make you curious :p Now do you think John was lying or not, huh? Make your guess by sending me some comments, people. I'd love to hear what you think about this story.

...Or if you wanna go mad at me for not giving any updates for weeks... go on ;__;