Status: Not finished

Love Seems to Find a Way

Insert pun here

I was sitting in my black Grand Dam in the school parking lot. God did I loathe Mondays… My long legs took a step out of my car with a few of the people passing by giving me strange looks. I grabbed my backpack and closed the car door. I headed in the direction in locker, 666, damn teacher’s thing it’s funny to tool with me as much as the kids do…

I clicked my lock open and shoved my backpack in my cramped locker. I picked up a few books and my red notebook for my drawing and songs and headed to English. I took my place in the last available seat in between a nerdy girl and some jock. I sighed and rolled my eyes while taking out my notebook and began to finish my drawing of a tattoo I wanted to get; a logo of my band Black Veil Brides with wings. I was too focused on my drawing to see that the teacher was trying to get everyone’s attention.

“We have a test on Thursday! Don’t forget to study!” She started the lesson and I paid no attention at all. I looked up at the clock, couple more minutes till the bell rung. I closed my books and stacked them up in my arms. The bell rung and I went to social studies.

The rest of the day pasts by quickly before I knew it. I clicked my locker shut and hunched my backpack over my shoulder. When I got to my car there was some car paint that has words like ‘emo’ ‘goth’ ‘freak’ all over my car. I sighed and opened the door, on the way home I went through a car wash and got most of the paint off. By the time I got home it was 4:06 pm.

I went straight to my room and closed the door. I pulled out my notebook and began working on my song; beautiful remains. It sucked because I all I needed to do to complete the band was a bassist. I should be lucky that I even found what I have now. My town is a nobody town full of uptight bratty I’m-better-than-you adults and preps. There were very little people I could stand, but I didn't really have any ‘friends’ I was just barley on talking basis with my band mates. Whatever.

I pulled out my homework and started working on it. Eventually I got bored and put my headphones in and started listening to music. I passed out doing my math homework. Face first on the pages. I woke up earlier than normal, I took long shower and had time to let my hair air-dry. I checked my MySpace and found that a music company called Standby Records messaged me. It said they liked my music and they wanted to help us make a music video. Sweet! I messaged them saying I’d love too then heard my alarm go off. I finished typing the message and get dressed the normal; black skinnies, white t-shirt and black sweater with my cowboy boots with a few necklaces. I got in my car and drove to school.

I took a seat next to an empty seat in the back corner. I began writing another one on my songs when Mrs. Cybul announced there was going to be a new kid in tomorrow and if I remember right she said her name was Ashley. Just from the name she sounded like prep, I rolled my eyes. The day passed relatively fast, I told the band about the messaged I received from Standby Records. They all got excited and decided we would do the music video for knives and pens. We went to Jake’s house and did some band practice. We didn’t sound too bad, but we still needed a damn bassist.

The next day I sat in the same empty seat with the same empty desk next to me. I was secretly listening to my IPod while I drew a mimic of Jesus on his cross. I rolled up my baggy sleeves revealing my batman tattoo. Mrs. Cybul tapped her pen on my paper. I ripped my headphones out of my ear.

“No IPods in class and you know the rules Andrew you cannot show your body art in school.” I sighed and pulled down my sleeves and shut off my IPod. She gave me a disturbed look when she saw what I was drawing. I opened to a new page and wrote some more of the song never give in.
“Our new student should be arriving soon so please don’t be rude show him some respect.” Him? I thought his name was Ashley? One of the kids in my class blurted out.

“What’s his name?”

“Ashley, Ashley Purdy.” The teacher replied. The whole class busted out in laughter while I continued writing. He walked in and heard the whole class laugh at him.

“Oh you must be Ashley.” Mrs. Cybul said walking up to him. I glanced up at him and looked back down at my paper. Wait, I looked back up. He had long black hair down past his shoulders, some dark eye makeup around his hazel eyes, leather cowboy boots, black skinny jeans and a Motley Crue t-shirt. He was decent looking for someone who lived in my city.

“Oh so you are a girl?” One of the guys called out, the kids started laughing.

“Actually no, but nice thought beef jerky.” He blurted out. I smiled; it’s about time someone stood up to these people. They guys body shot up.

“What did you just say to me punk?”

“Calm down, calm down.” The teacher tried to stop a future fight that was about to happen.
“What I just said I’m a guy would you like proof?” He said lifting up his shirt, going down to his studded belt and undoing the belt.

“Stop it! Put your belt back on!” She yelled “I know you’re new but you do not need to cause trouble on the first day!” He smirked when the guy sat back down.

“You can sit next to that kid in the corner.” She said pointing to me. Oh god…

Ashley walked up to me and set his stuff on his desk and re-did his belt. He apparently read over my shoulder at my notebook.

“Nice song you got, did you write that?” He whispered. Wait was he talking to me?

“Oh, yeah.” I said.

“It’s good.” His voice was deep and masculine. I nodded my head mumbling out, hoping to end the conversation soon.

“Thanks.”

“Hey, do you mind, ya know showing me around and stuff?”

“Sure.” I whispered out. I wasn't the one much for talking. I tried to block anyone and everyone out two reasons. One being I had to protect my feelings, I knew better than to let someone in my life because they’d just end up stabbing me in the back just like everyone always dose. Two, everyone knew to leave me alone for the most part. I need to keep it that way. I was used to being alone; I don’t need to screw it all up.

“Cool.” The bell rang and I gathered up all my stuff and waited for Ashley to do the same. I really didn't feel like showing this kid around but I just could seem to say no.

His locker was a few feet from mine. He came by my locker and laughed when I shut it.

“What?” I said confused.

“Is that a joke?” He said pointing my locker number.

“Oh, yeah this school hates me.”

“Oh I’m sure they won’t be a big fan of me either.”

The week flew by me not realizing it was Monday again until my 6:30 alarm woke me up. I got dressed and made my way to school. I sighed as I took my seat in the back.

“Hope everyone had a great weekend.” The voice announcer chimed in over intercom. He continued with ‘news’ for the school while I plugged in my IPod to my ears. I received a tap to my shoulder followed by a smile and wave from Ashley. God I didn't want to seem like an asshole but time to set the boundaries. I ignored him his smile disappeared as class started. The teacher was assigning us team book report.

"Bla with bla, bla with bla, and Andy with Jack...” Kill. Me. Now. I was paired up with the football team wide receiver.

“HELL NO! I am not working with that fag!” He screamed out. He took the words right out of my mouth.

“Well to bad work out your differences, the decision is final! Now take your seat!” He shot me an angry glare that somehow this was my entire fault. Great pairing up Mrs. Cybul… just fucking great.
The rest of the class period Jack kept throwing papers at me with drawings of what was supposed to be me sucking dick but looking like I was kissing a duck, and the words fag and homo. The bell rung and I left the papers sitting on the desk and floor and rushed out of the room.

“Hey!” Ashley ran up to my side, “Dude, I feel bad for you. It’s my second day here and I can already see that he’s a douche.”

“Look just stop.” I said turning the corner. God did I feel like an ass. He seemed so nice, why do I always have to push people away like this? Well it was too late now…

I sat down in my next class completely shutting off what everyone was saying and waiting for the bell to release me to lunch. I survived the period without getting noticed until Ashley spotted me at lunch, face buried in my notebook sitting at a café table outside. God how did he find me?

“Do you mind if I sit here?” I simply moved my books out of the way as an invitation for him to sit while I continued to draw.

“Did I do something to piss you off?” Why does he even care, were not even friends. I shrugged and plainly replied with a no. He shrugged his shoulders as well and began eating his pizza. I'm sure was pretty awkward silence the whole time but it didn't occur to me because I had my headphones in listening to music.

I shut my book just in time with the bell. I grabbed my stuff and huffed back into the building leaving Ashley alone. I was notoriously late again and took my seat. The rest of the day went by uneventfully until I went home…
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo sorry for the shitty start. It'll get better I promise.