Status: Not finished

Love Seems to Find a Way

You brought this on yourself

“Ma I’m fine.” I said sitting up on my bed trying to lessen her worried look.

She patted my back, “You sure you’re ok to go to school?” I nodded my head standing up over her.

“I’ll be fine mom, I was never really hurt.” She sighed, clearly not believing me. I leaned over and pressed a kiss to her wrinkled forehead.

“Don’t worry mom.” She forced a soft smile and patted my cheek softly.

“Ok, see you after school?”

“Uh… Yeah.” She nodded before leaving my room letting me get dressed.

I ended up taking the rest of last week off of school due to ‘doctor’s orders’. Though as much as I hated school, being here trapped in the same house with my father for more than 24 hours has definitely taken its toll, along with the nicely sized welt on the side of my torso. Not like anyone really saw it though…

I slipped out of the house and started walking down to my bus stop. Until I got the money to fix my car I was stuck taking the bus for rides. I fed the bus driver some change and took my seat. I couldn’t help but feel someone’s eyes on me, like I was being watched. I casually looked around to find no one even paying me any mind. There were a few faces that looked familiar I’ve seen from my school but mostly just older folks.

I turned my eyes back to the ground and began fiddling with my thumbs until I felt something hit my side. I turned my head to find a crumpled up piece of paper sitting in the empty seat next to me. I grabbed it and started unfolding it confused. I crumpled it back up lowering my eyebrows slightly before glaring back around the bus to see the familiar faces looking at me, laughing. Immature.
I threw the paper on the floor standing up as the bus came to a stop in front of the school. I hurriedly jumped out of the bus and into my seat of my English class being the first one there. I looked around seeing not even the teacher was there. I glanced up at the clock realizing I still had 10 minutes until class officially started. I heard someone clear their throat catching my attention. I looked up only to find Jack standing in my sight.

"Look punk, I've been doing all the work and I'm fucking sick of it, you do it." He said shoving the papers on my desk, most of them falling to the floor without a word being said.

"This isn't a fucking joke faggot!" He said raising his voice. Jack grabbed me by my shoulder sleeves and ripped me out of my seat.

"Put me down." I growled clenching my teeth. He just laughed at me. My eyes narrowed as I raised my leg between his, kicking him in his special place. He doubled over letting go of my shirt to cup his, probably hurting, crotch. I smirked brushing my shirt off and looked down at him lowering my eyebrows.

“I said put me the fuck down.” He looked up and swung his fist at me. I grabbed his fist and twisted his arm up forcing him to look me in the eyes as I shot him a threatening look. His eyes widened the slightest as my grip tightened as I spoke.

“You really wanna fight me?” I snarled.

Just because I was one of the skinniest people in my school doesn't make me the weakest. And now was the time to prove it... He raised his free hand trying to punch me again but I managed to duck it and shove him across the room. He tripped over his feet sending himself backwards into a bookcase, toppling it over him. Now covered books, I could hear mutter some curse words to me.

“What can’t take me?”

I smirked hearing him growl as he picked himself back up to his feet before he started running at me at full speed. When he got close enough I latched onto his arm and swung him in a circle before letting him go swinging him straight into the desks. A few pushed out of his way, screeching against the floor as they moved. I walked over to Jack glaring down at him before leaning down grabbing him by the shoulder of his sleeves, lifting his shoulders off the floor. Not so fucking fun now is it Jacks?

My arm swung back as my fist balled up turning my knuckles white with force before shooting it forward, pounding it in his eye.

“Andrew!” My teacher’s voice caught me off guard as she pulled me away from Jack forcing my grip on his shirt to be lost.

“To the office, now!” I was pushed out of the classroom only to face a crowd of people staring at me, jaws open and eyes wide whispering something about me no doubt.

“You’re dead Andrew!” Jack called out before I made my way to the office.

I got off with a ten minute detention sometime after school, but only because this was my first fight, otherwise I would have been suspended. What pissed me off the most was that douchebag sitting in English only got off with a ‘oh, are you ok?’ fucking bastard…

I turned into the guy’s bathroom and placed my back against the wall with a small sigh. I was thinking about skipping school completely until I heard a toilet flush. I was about to run into a stall but the person had already caught me.

“Andy?” I clenched my teeth and closing my eyes before turning around slowly hiding my face behind my dark hair. My eyes lightened up when I realized it was only Ashley. It felt like months since I last seen him.

“Yeah?” I brushed my hair back with my hand clearing my throat.

“I’m really sorry about the car accident…”

My eyebrow rose, “That was you who ran in front of my car?” He guiltily nodded his head. My throat clenched itself up and dried out, making it hard for words to pass by.

“I feel really bad that I ruined your car… If you want me to do anything for you I will, but are you ok?” He said taking a few steps closer to me.

“Y-Yeah… I’m fine.” My eyes shot down to my feet, backing up a little, “I feel bad that I left you to sleep at the park.” I said trying to even up the bad things we’ve done to each other. He didn’t say anything back so I took the chance of silence to try and slip out.

“Well uh… I have to go to class.” I blurted out turning around on my heel and high tailed it towards the door.

“Wait, Andy.”

I turned around, “Hm?”

“I saw you fighting Jack.” I smiled to myself though I felt my blood boil up at the mention of his name.
“And?”

“I wanted to see if you were ok.”

“I’m fine.”

And with that I bolted out of the bathroom and out of the school, jitters flowing through my body. I pulled my pack of cigarettes out of my pocket and lit one up resting against a tree a park not too far from the school. The weather was a bitter cold but my jacket kept me warm enough. I slid my back down the tree sitting down blowing the grey smoke out of my mouth as I calmed myself down, there was no reason to be so worked up right now.

So Ashley was the one who ran in front of my car, what did it matter?
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright new chapter tell me when you think. Just as a warning I might be running into a road block in this story soon, don't hit me! but I'll get over it. So tell me where you want to see this heading.

Again thank you for all the comments and recommendations, don't forget to subscribe!
More updates soon ♥