Status: Don't be a silent reader, bebe's :DD

Green Eyes

Hello Green Eyes

"Kissing is like drinking salted water: you drink and your thirst increases. - Chinese Proverb"

A quote I hold so dearly to my heart, because it’s true, kissing is addictive, the most addictive thing ever. It’s so hard to kiss and then leave, especially if you’re kissing Noah.

When I first met Noah, I never thought I would ever be in a relationship with someone so… pure, so romantic and sensible. It was hard for me to even believe that he was an option. For me, being unfaithful was never a dilemma, it was more letting go and settling down, falling in love with someone who was right for me, rather than someone who I loved like a brother.

But it was different with Noah, he didn’t want me just for my body, he wanted me for me, for who I was inside. He used to call me, ‘Green Eyes,’ because he said that they were the most beautiful thing about me, that and my ‘warm heart,’ and I laughed at the idea. Me? Hayley Grimstone, has something other than a stone cold heart? You’ve got to be kidding me! But Noah saw right through what was on the outside, he saw inside of me, he really respected me and I’ve never had that in all of my life.

I felt awkward having to tell Sam.
“Hi….” I uttered awkwardly, trying not to look into his pale blue eyes.
“Hey my beautiful girl,” He replied, standing up and kissing the top of my head, “is everything alright?”
“I don’t think so. We need to talk.”
A confused look appeared on his face, “sure Hayles’, what is this about?” he said shakily.
“Well,” I replied, motioning him to sit next to me on the couch, shuddering with worry, “You know I love you, and I think you’re a great guy and boyfriend, but I think that we,” I muttered, starting to lower my tone, “I think we need to break up.”

That was it, that’s all of what happened. He was silent and he didn’t say another word, until, at last he broke the deafening silence,

“It’s that boy isn’t it? The one with the curly hair…”
“What?” I exclaimed.
“That boy, you know who I’m talking about. Come on Hayley don’t lie to me, I saw you together on the beach the other day, you looked happy.”
“That’s not a crime Sam.”
“But I’d prefer it if you told your boyfriend you loved him, rather than some guy you met 2 weeks ago,” my faced dropped and I went pale and he noticed, “did you really think I wouldn’t figure it out? It was obvious. Sneaking out at 7pm to go ‘for a walk,’ getting up at 7am and going ‘for a run.’ This isn’t the Hayley I met last year, and not the Hayley I loved.”
“So you want to break up?” I asked, slightly disappointed at the lack of sorrow.
“No Hayley, I don’t want to, I just don’t want to be with the you that you are now, and since you love him, it’s not like I stand much of a chance.”
“But I-”
“But you what,” he interrupted, “you don’t want to hurt me? Or you just don’t want to feel like the bad guy? I know you well enough to know that you won’t care after awhile. Just go Hayley, I’ll be fine.”

And I couldn’t say anything, because I knew he was completely right. So I walked out the door and swam for hours. How could I face Sam and his family after all of that? Even though I knew Sam would never tell his parents until we were both ready.

I felt naïve for leaving him at the beginning, because Sam was lovely in fact, Sam was amazing. He was sweet, kind, caring, respectful, attractive, and cute, he was everything. But he didn’t have that thing, that One Thing that Noah had and I treasured it dearly.