Somewhere Only We Know

You would have stayed under if...

Friday’s events came and went and I couldn’t be happier that things were back to normal. Well that’s what I wanted to think till I let out a scream when I saw the horror of my mistakes in my mirror. Picking up a stress reliever I stomped to my window, threw it open and took aim of Nix’s window before throwing the toy. It made a loud thump and he stirred in his bed so I decided to yell his name which he definitely heard cause he held up his middle finger. Shaking with my frustration I walked away from my window, grabbed my jacket and ran over to his house just in time to catch Mr. Paxton leaving for his morning jog.

“Good morning River,” he smiled at me, “what’s got you moving so early?”

“Your son,” I said and he laughed.

Shaking his head with a smile on his face he let me in the house, “Try not to make a messy murder scene,” he chuckled and then closed the door behind me. Running up the stairs I made my way to Nix’s room and quietly opened the door and then quietly closed it behind me so he wouldn’t hear me. Grabbing his rubber band ball off his desk I threw it at him and it bounced off his head making his sit up quickly. “How the hell did you get in here?!” he yelled, but I dismissed it.

I unzipped my jacket and pointed at my neck, “What do you call this?”

He rubbed his eyes as he looked at me, “a hickey.”

“Hickeys,” I said and he fell back on his pillow in boredom making me walk to his bed and rip the sheets off him. He shivered and then shot a glare at me, “don’t give me that look. I’m the one that should be mad with the five red blotches I have on me.”

He sat up looking pissed, “don’t forget who started the whole thing that led to those,” he pointed at me and I sucked in a breath. “That’s right. Drink in your mistake.”

“You could have stopped me.”

He scoffed, “oh yeah, right. Like I didn’t try,” he reached out and yanked the sheets out of my grasp. “Now if you don’t mind I like to sleep in a little bit more,” he threw the covers over him as he laid back down, “how about you let the door hit you on your way out. ”That’s it; I’m going to kill him. Jumping on his bed and straddling him I reached out and wrapped my hands around his neck taking him completely off guard. He quickly took hold of my wrists the moment I begin squeezing, “what the hell are you doing?”

“Protecting the female population,” I snapped back.

He laughed and then flipped us over so I was under him and his blankets, “Believe me when I tell you the day you kill me is the day hell freezes over.”

We started fighting again that we didn’t even hear the door open, “What are you doing?!” Lynn yelled gaining Nix’s attention.

As he looked away from me I took the opportunity to have him taste my right hook sending him off the bed. As I sat up I caught Lynn’s shocked gaze, I guess she’d never thought that she’d find me in his bed not that I wanted to be here. My assassination attempt failed. Sitting up I zipped my jacket closed and stood to leave. “Well I’m leaving,” I gave Nix a kick to his side and he yelled at me, “that’s for pushing me into the pond.” I growled and then left.

Image

“So you finally snapped and tried to kill him,” Missy said and I nodded taking a sip of my strawberry shake. “And what motivated you to bust into his room?”

The hickeys he gave me! But I won’t tell her that. Especially since we’re in public and anyone could hear us, “because he pushed me into a pond Friday. I came out all smelly when I got back to my house.” Well it wasn’t a lie, he did push me in, but I don’t know why.

Missy nodded her head as Elle studied me, “I feel like you aren’t telling us something,” the redhead said. “I don’t know what it is, but I can feel you holding something back.” That’s Elle for you, sharp as a tack. Can’t get anything by her, I swear sometimes I think she has a super power or something.

Missy raised a brow as she re-tied her blonde hair into a tighter pony tail, “So whatcha not tellin’ us?” Missy asked with a sly grin, “is it juicy?”

Well I guess having sex with your sworn enemy can be can be considered juicy, especially after having an argument with your boyfriend about not having sex. Well aren’t I the hypocrite of the year. I lifted up my glass to take a slip from my straw when another mouth intercepted my beverage. Looking at the culprit I hissed as the brown haired guy leaned back and licked his lips, “yum. Strawberry,” Nix said with a laugh. I yanked my drink back as he leaned over the booth, “So what’s this juicy topic I’ve heard about?”

I glared at him, “me. In jail awaiting the trail for the murder of Nix Paxton,” I snapped at him.

He chuckled and pat my head like a toddler, bad move, “didn’t we already talk about this? When hell freezes over, Sullivan, and that ain’t happening soon.”

“Really? I thought I just felt a chill,” his eyes widened as he jumped out of the booth as I took off after him. We ran out of Baily’s Diner and onto the board walk weaving through people till he took a turn towards the beach. I hate running in the sand, that and the mere fact he’s faster than me makes it worse. Cocky bastard also knows I’m a bad runner and turns around sticking his tongue out to mock me, but that was his mistake. A dog ran up to him and propelled him into the water making his splash around like an uncoordinated fish. So of course being the sympathetic person I am I laughed at him as he sat in the water giving me the evil eye. “The look…on your face…priceless,” I said between laughs.

“Ha, ha, ha,” he said sarcastically when an all too familiar glint flashed across his features. I began backing up as he got to his feet charging at me like a wild animal. I turned to run away, but again I’m a terrible runner and he caught me in a matter of seconds before throwing me over his shoulder. He laughed as I hit his back and flailed my legs around. The sound of steps in the sand change to splashes in the water. Looking at the ground I saw the water lapping around his now dark jeans and I began to panic, I don’t want to be thrown into the water two days in a row.

I gripped his jacket, “Don’t you dare.”

He chuckled, “I’m sorry but the person you’re trying to reach is not here at the moment, please hang up and try again.” I was moved around so I was held princess style and hovering above the water. Nix grinned at me and then threw me in the air. My bottom was the first thing to feel the cold water and then I went completely under looking up at Nix’s blurry figure. Springing up to my feet I felt my clothes cling to me when he gave out a low whistle, “red underwear huh?” I looked down at my black and white striped shirt to see my bra show through.

My cheeks heated up as I balled my fists, “Fuck you,” I growled.

He shrugged, “well I think we alrea-“ I cut him off when the starfish I threw smacked him in the face.

“That never happened!” I yelled as he took the star fish off his face and tossed it into the water

“Just like this never happened,” he then tackled me and I was under water. This means war.

Image

Mr. Paxton looked at Nix and I as we sat in the bath tub with the shower running on our drenched, sand covered clothes. Our legs dangled over the edge of the tub as the two of us refused to look at each other. As it turns out our good friends Office Thomas and Officer Carson were jogging on the beach when they caught Nix and me trying to drown each other. Knowing one of us could succeed they pulled us apart and gave us a ride home to be served punishment. Sadly none of the moms were home and Mr. Paxton is the one to decide what to do with us. He crossed his arms and gave us a stern look, “So,” he started. “You two decided to kill each other by drowning at the beach?” he questioned and the two of us remained silent. “Anything you two like to add?”

“If it wasn’t for his inflated ego he would have stayed under longer,” I mumbled.

Nix scoffed, “if it wasn’t for your padded bra you would have stayed under.”

I snapped my head to look at him, met his piercing glare and shot back my own, “I don’t wear padded.”

“Who you trying to fool,” he poked my right boob and I slapped his hand away, “Padded” he sang and I flicked his forehead. “Hey!”

“I’m sorry, I was just trying to deflate that big head of yours,” I mocked.

He was about to say something when Mr. Paxton interrupted the argument, “Okay!” he said rather loudly. “This is what’s going to happen. You two are going to clean up, Nix will have to lend you some clothes, and the two of you will remain in Nix’s room till the mom’s come back from their spa day.”

“Why does she have to stay in my room? Can’t she go back to her home? Wear her clothes?” Nix whined and Mr. Paxton shook his head.

“If I did that it wouldn’t be a punishment would it?” he smirked at us, “now please get yourselves cleaned up without killing each other.” And with that he left us alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!!!