Status: active:)

More Than Rain

He likes Classy things

“Honey can you get the door?” my mother asked after there was two short taps on the door.
I groaned but agreed.
I drug my feet to the door and pulled it open.
My mouth dropped slightly at the sight.
Joel in all his beauty stood on my porch, only a few feet away from me.
I wanted to reach out and touch him but that was weird and not what he was here for.
Wait…what was he here for?
I had only just met him and his family less than a week ago and here he was already visiting my house again.
“Um can I uh help you? “ I stuttered.
Joel scratched the back of his neck and that’s when my mom came up behind me.
“Oh hey Joel, Jason is out back, come on in sweety” my mother greeted.
I stepped aside, still confused.

Joel stepped pass me and followed my mother to the backyard as did I.
“Uh mom, what’s he doing here?” I questioned.
“Oh haha, I didn’t mention it to you. Well him and Jason have been talking and becoming friends so they’re kind of hanging out today. Honey I’m sure you’d be welcome to join them if you didn’t want to mope around the house all alone.” She said with a big smile plastered to her face.
I shook my head. “ No, mom that’s just weird , I don’t want to hang with two guys. They’re probably just going to do guy crap, I’m a girl remember?” I said in a ‘duh’ tone.
My mother rolled her eyes. “Whatever sweety”
I groaned and made my way up to my bedroom and fell on to my bed.
I plugged my ipod into my speakers and let third eye blind blast loud as I picked up a magazine to flip through.

There’s was a knock on my door before my brother walked into my room with Joel tagging behind.
“Mom said turn the crap down” Jason said.
“It’s not crap.” I groaned, and reached over to my speakers to turn it down a little.
“Yeah, whatever just turn your crap down kay?” he said before turning around and walking out leaving Joel standing there.
Joel turned to the door.”Third eye blind. Nice.” He smiled shyly and exited my room.
I smiled to myself and went back to flipping through my magazine.

“Camden!” my mother yelled.
I jumped out of bed and bounced down the stairs. “yeah?”
“Go with Jason and Joel to pick up dinner. We’re having pizza” she said.
“Ugh alright” I groaned and followed Jason and Joel out to the car.
Jason hopped in the driver’s seat as Joel hopped in the passenger’s seat, leaving me a first class ticket to the backseat all alone…Yay ;(
“So…” my brother began to Joel.
“So what?” Joel chuckled.
“So you got a chick?” my brother smirked.
So typical of my brother to refer to a girl as a chick.
He’s such a pig sometime’s I swear.
“Uh..” Joel scratched his neck “ yeah, it’s kind of uh complicated though. Her names Lia, she lives in my old hometown, so it’s kind of a long distance thing, but we’re trying to make it work.”
My heart cracked, but I held myself together so the pieces wouldn't completely shatter and wind up lost somewhere in the pit of my stomach.
He has a girlfriend?
Aw, and they must be serious if he’s willing to have a long distance relationship with her.
I groaned out loud.
My brother turned to look back at me.
“What’s wrong with you” he smirked.
Joel glanced at me.
“I uh, nothing, I uh just hate this song” I lied.
My brother burst out laughing, and Joel chuckled a little.
“Um Camden the radio isn’t on…”my brother said.
I mentally smacked myself. “Oh uh haha must be the radio in my head.”I joked.
Gosh I must seem like a mental case.
I brushed it off, while my brother was still up front driving cracking little jokes about how the air blew through my hollow head.

We made it to the pizza place and the three of us got out of the car and walked inside.
My brother told them our order we we’re there to pick up and the three of us waited.
“Hey Camden isn’t that Britt? The one that like hates you or something?” my brother asked checking Britt out.
“Yeah why?” I groaned.
“Cause she’s hot. Don’t you think Joel?” my brother asked.
“Uh, I mean, I don’t really like blondes” Joel said nervously.
“Whatever man she’s hot….Hey Britt!” my brother said and then yelled over at Britt.
Britt looked over in our direction then swayed her hips our way.
“Yeah?”she said smiling at my brother then even bigger at Joel, then eventually scowling at me.
“Just wanted to say hi to a friend of my sister’s” my brother lied.
Joel looked at me, even he knew that was bull crap.
“Um me and your… sister are like nowhere close to being friends, but hi” she spat but then soothed her tone and smiled at my brother and Joel again.
“So you guys are pretty cute” she said, and played with her hair around her finger.
I rolled my eyes and groaned, while Britt continued to flirt with my brother and Joel until our order was given to us.
We walked out to the car with Three pizza’s and Britt’s number on one of the pizza boxes that Britt had written down.
“so she was hot huh? We should party with that!” my brother smirked at Joel.
“Nah I’m good” Joel said.
I’m so glad Joel didn’t fall into the cracks of Britt, obviously he likes girls with more class…and more clothing.

That still didn’t do me any good though, he still had a girl who was probably amazing since Joel is so amazing himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided to actually keep writning this story since I actually got subscribers.
So thank you to the ones that subscribed!<3

CHAPTER PLAYLIST:
Dakota- A rocket to the moon
Curse of curves- cute is what we aim for
Don't stop now- the maine
Fingerprints- Katy perry
Hey princess- all star weekend