Status: Inactive.

I'd Do Anything For You

Let Us Start At The Very Beginning

-Going slightly back-

Jet’s POV.

I watched her as she jogged down the road. Her hips swaying to the steady beat her feet made, as they hit the deck. I watched until she disappeared out of site.

I thought for a minute, “I could go after her, yet she hates me as it is already...”

I opened the front door, and dropped my bag at the foot of the staircase, and ran up to my room, carefully shutting the door behind me. I went over to my bed and collapsed on top of it.
I turned over and stared at the ceiling.

Thinking...

Being popular is not all it’s cracked up to be.
I mean, people like you. There are people that will do anything for you to get a little attention. But then, the people you love begin to hate you, envy you, until one day, they don’t want to know anymore.
I never wanted to be popular, but once you stick up for one kid, you stick up for the rest.
And that one kid was Nova.
She was the one. The only one I ever wanted, but then I got dragged into the rest of it: parties, night after night, me just getting pissed all the time. My mind was totally fucked up. But then one day, I saw Nova, sitting by the apple tree at school, and I walked right up to her, but I couldn’t talk. I had the worst hang-over ever, and nothing could come out.
She left me there.
And then I vowed to myself never to drink again.
I never go to parties anymore either; I just go to a park and think...for hours.
But no one knows that...


I took a quick glance at my watch to see that the time was almost 9pm. It’d been an hour since I last saw her.

I slowly got up, and made my way out of the house shouting, “I’ll be back later, mum.” As I walked out the front door, into the cold air once more.

I shivered slightly, but soon pulled myself together and started down the road.
The air hit my face at a fast rate, and it was so cold, my body couldn’t generate enough heat. So I began to jog.

After a few minutes of jogging, I stopped to catch my breath. I was so un-fit, and didn't know it.
I leant up against a brick wall, by the side of a small dark house.

I stood there, in silence, when I heard small sobs, coming from the other side of the wall.
I peered over, to see, well, Nova. My love. My girl. Well, one day, I hope.

I took a deep breath and walked to her, and set myself down beside her. Cradling her frail body in my arms. She hadn't seen me yet. I was scared for her, as well as myself. I didn't dare say anything for a while. She might hate me.

I couldn't live with that...
...but something was wrong...

“Oh, hon. Please tell me what’s wrong. I’m here for you. You know that!” I whispered to her.

She looked up, her eyes wide open. She looked freaked out.
She hated me.
And I knew it.

She stuttered my name...

I thought I'd lost her anyways. So... I had to do something.
I had to win her heart.

So I kissed her.
And meant it.