Status: ongoing :3

Mariana's Ghost

part 2

*continued from last chapter*

I ran up to the poor creature, it's leg caught in a bear trap.It was such a gruesome sight. Blood was oozing out from his back left leg, and i could almost see the white of a bone sticking out. I hastily looked around and saw the path of blood made, going all the way back to the forest. What was a dog doing in the forest? And who would put bear traps around a public park area like this? What impressed me though was how far the dog had gotten with an injured leg.

It whimpers were so pitiful, i had to help it out of the trap. "Don't worry, I'll get you out of here, you poor thing." i assured it as i struggled, trying to unlatch it. But it only made the cries come out louder, as the metal only dug in deeper to it's flesh. "Oh, oh dear! What do i do? Help! Can't someone help me and this poor dog!?" i called out to anyone out there. Suddenly a young man came running to my direction.

"Fenton?! Fenton!!" he called to us, I guess he was the dog's owner, and the dog's name was Fenton. "Oh dear god! What happened?" he said to us. As he gasped for breath, he knelt down beside me. I looked at him, his hair was dark, and quite long,falling down to his neck and grazing his green eyes. "How did you find my dog?" he said, still gasping for air. I guess i didn't realize how long i was staring at him, until he impatiently asked, "well?".

"Oh, uh, i was just walking through the park, and i heard him whimpering, so i tried to help him out of this horrid trap." i responded.

"Well i must thank you, now lets get him out of here shall we?"

. . .

We took Fenton to a nearby veternarian, who succesfully removed the beartrap and dressed his wounds.

"So how do you think he got like that?" he asked me.

"Oh, i really don't know actually, but i saw i trail of blood coming from the forest, so i suppose maybe Fenton was out in the woods when his leg got caught. But im sure that it didn't happen far from the park right? Because i mean, theres no way a dog with an injured leg like this could make it this far back into the park. Right?" i said.

"Well, your forgetting that Fenton here is a fighter," he responded playfully, while gently patting Fenton's right hip.

"Yes, i know but, what i don't understand is why they would put bear traps so close to a public area, i mean someone else could've gotten hurt, like a child or another animal." I pondered.

"Well you do have a good point there, but perhaps they were laid out by the hunters, afterall, dont bears, and such other wild beasts wander about close to these areas during this time of year?" he suggested.

"Well, i guess your right,"

"Well don't worry that pretty li'l head of yours miss." he chuckled, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Oh that's right! How silly of me, we haven't yet exchanged names. Allow me to introduce myself, Damion Percy." he said. I couldn't help but smile,

"and I am Mariana Greyson."
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys! sorry, but i had to split up the first chapter into to parts, i dont know why though? anyways, enjoy!!