Status: For a contest.

We Should Talk.

All I see are clouds

She walked into the kitchen with her hair a mess on top of her head and her eyes puffy from crying. “You look like shit.” She turned to see her cousin sitting at the kitchen table.

“You sure know how to make a girl feel pretty.” She said rolling her eyes as she looked at him.

“I know I do.” He laughed. “Jared why are you here?” She asked as she poured herself a cup of coffee. “I’m here to see how you’re doing.” He said giving her a smile.

She smiled to herself a little bit at the fact he asked how she was doing. “Well let me see my boyfriend you know that guy that plays in your band, broke up with me yesterday when we got in a drunken argument.” She said sitting down annoyed.

“Are you okay?” He asked knowing that he took the wrong approach to talking to her. “Honestly no. I feel complete heartbroken. I’ve been madly in love with the guy for the last two years, and now we’re no longer together.” She said as tears started welling up in her eyes.

”Have you told Jared we’re dating yet?” She asked as they sat on his living room couch. She was leaning against him and he was holding her close. “I’m not really sure how to tell him. He told me you were off limits.” He said looking into her green eyes.

“Well it looks like you didn’t listen to him.” She laughed lightly before pressing her lips to his. She tangled her fingers in his hair as he deepened the kiss.

“I’m glad you didn’t listen to him.” She smiled pulling away from him. “I’m glad didn’t listen to him.” He said giving her a crooked smile.


He walked into his leaving half asleep with a pounding headache, and he still had the taste of whiskey in his mouth from last night. Just thinking about last night he regretted everything about it.

“What the hell are you watching?” He asked noticing Garrett on the couch. “How It’s Made. What else would I be watching?”

“I don’t know.”

“I take it your hungover.” Garrett said as his eyes looked away from the TV. “Yeah I am.”

“What happened with you and Macy last night?”

“We got in a fight about her not wanting me to leave for tour and we broke up.”

“Why did you fight about you leaving for tour?” He asked as Kennedy sat down on the couch next to him. “Because she told me she was scared I was going to cheat.”

“Why is she scared you’re going to cheat?”

“I don’t know. I told her I’ve never cheated before and that’s not going to change now.”

“You know you were both drunk so neither of you meant what you said.”

“Yeah I know.”

There was a knock at the door and Kennedy sat up and went to get the door. “Who do you think it is?” Garrett asked. “Who knows?” He said right before he opened the door.

“What the fuck happened with you and Macy last night?” Jared asked the second he saw Kennedy. “She told me she didn’t trust me and the argument evolved and we broke up.”

“Remember when I told you she was off limits?” Jared said walking closer to Kennedy. “Yeah.” Kennedy said as he ran his fingers through his hair. “Well that was because I knew you were going to be an asshole and break her heart.” He said shoving him lightly. Kennedy had no intention of fighting back he was going to take whatever Jared dished out.

“I never planned on hurting her; it’s just how things worked out.”

“You need to fix this now. You and I both know that you don’t want your relationship with Macy to be over.” He was right, Kennedy didn’t want to be single he wanted Macy back. He felt empty without her and it hadn’t even been twenty-four hours.

“How am I supposed to fix this?”

“You need to talk to her.”

“Jared’s right you need to talk to her.” Garrett said walking towards them.

”You were absolutely amazing tonight.” She said pulling him into a hug. “I can’t believe you are welling to hug me right now. Do you not see how sweaty I am?”

“I could give a fuck if your sweaty or not.” She said pressing her lips to his salty cheek. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” She smiled before pressing her lips to his.

“Could you two please quit being gross?” Jared asked walking into the green room. “Shut up Jared you’re just jealous Tessa couldn’t be here tonight.” Macy said jokingly as she laced her fingers with Kennedy.


Macy walked into her bedroom and realized that she needed to get out of the house and try not to mope around all day. She got dressed and walked into the living room to find her mom walking through the front door.

“Mace what are you up to?” She asked noticing that she had her purse and her keys in her hand. “I’m going to go to Starbucks then go shopping or something.”

“Alright sweetheart have fun.”

Macy made the choice not to tell her mom about her and Kennedy breaking up because she didn’t want her mom to get all involved. She also didn’t want her mom to shit talk Kennedy thinking it would make her feel better.

As Macy walked to her car she noticed she had a sticky note on her door handle.

We should talk.

She read it to herself knowing he was right, they did need to talk. She pulled out her phone and text him asking him where and when he wanted to talk. He texted her back asking her to meet him at the park by his house in five minutes.

As she pulled up to the park she found him sitting swing set. She took a deep breath before she stared walking towards him.

“Hi.” She said awkwardly as she stood in front of him as he sat on the swing.

“I’m glad you came.”

“I wouldn’t blow you off, I never have.” She said as she walked over the swing next to him.

They swung in silence for five minutes before Kennedy finally broke it. “The fight was stupid.” He said stopping and looking at her. “It was.” She said stopping her swing.

“Do you really not trust me?”

“I trust you. I’m just scared that on road you’re going to find some girl who’s prettier then me and better then me, and realize that you don’t need me.”

“Don’t ever say that. Macy Rose Tanner there is no girl out there better then you or prettier then you. Don’t put me on a pedestal.” He said standing in front of her.”

“I love you so much, and honestly I don’t think I can ever love any one like I love you.” He said leaving her speechless.

“I hate when we fight.” She said finally speaking. “So do I.”

“Are we back together?” She asked.

“Yeah we are.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first Kennedy one shot. I thought I would try something new.