Sequel: Asleep Or Dead

Awake and Unafraid

Twenty-Nine

~*Kaitlyn's POV*~

After three hours of exhausted driving in The van and Ray and Mikey's hummer, we pulled into the driveway of Gerard's house. I could see his parents frowning through the windows.

The house was brick, and one story, with wood panelling on the inside. Gerard put an arm on my shoulders, and kissed me gently. I held him close.

"Don't worry, love. They don't bite."

"I know, I'm just awkward"

"yeah."

Gerard and I walked up first, he rang the doorbell, and a woman with blond frizzy hair and coke bottle glasses, and a man with grey hair opened it. They had grim looks on thier faces.

"Where the hell were you?! Gee, your father and I were worried sick!!"

"Dammit mom, I'm a grown man. Oh, I was touring remember?"

"Your goddamn tour ended a week ago, and you sid you were heading up as soon as that Charlotte show was over! Damn. Who is this?"

"This is my girlfriend, Kaitlyn."

Girlfriend the word was good to hear, and It made it official. I swooned.

"Ah yes, the girl who drove you off the bridge. Girlfriend My ass. She's a murderer!"

I was so offended by Gerard's mom's cruel words that I almoust fainted, and I almost jumped her I was so angry. I growled, and Gerard stood his ground. I held him close. I was scared, and I wanted his guidence I wasn't expecting this kind of rejection, and it took me by surprise.

"Mom, I was the one driving. She saved me."

"Bull shit. She's not old enough. She's what, sixteen?"

"No, she's eighteen."

He smirked. I jolted. It was my birthday today.

"Happy Birthday, babe."

He kissed me passionately and I responded by kissing him back. Kissing him hard. He held me.

"That's nine years difference! Hell no. She leaves my house, or I do."

"Mom, That's not fair!! Dad?"

"I'm afraid your mother has a point, son. She's just a toy. You can't have a relationship that far apart. All it is is sex."

I was really pissed now.

"How dare you?!?! I am a goddamn virgin!! And I'll have you know, my parents are twelve years apart and they've been together 25 years!!! So do me a favor and shut the hell up!!"

"You little whore!" She gasped.

Gerard's stare was cold and malicious. He glared at his mother like she was Satan and he was a martyr who ended up in hell.

"MOM!! She is the best thing that has ever happened in my goddamn life!! She means the world to me!! She is me!! I love her with my beating soul, and you just shoot her off your doorstep?! This is insane! I can't fucking believe it!! I really can't. Either she stays or I leave. I don't think Mikey would like to see you right now. Mikey likes her. He's already considered her one of the family. So yeah. I love her, I'm in love with her. She's mine."

"Gee. If I'm unwanted, I'll go."

"No." He growled, rather animalistically.

"Honey, I only care about you.." His mom started.

"I only care about her."

"Sweetie..."

"Don't 'sweetie' me. I'm leaving."

"Please stay, for one night, Gerard. We missed you."

"I don't give a damn what you think."

"She can stay."

"That's all I ask. Treat her like a daughter."

"Yeah, well. I'll try, for you."

"Thank you."
x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x=x
*fast forward a week*

After meeting Gerard's parents, I wanted so bad to just go to college. I was going to college anyway. After this charade. I was home free. I was ready to go. I would miss Gerard so terribly. He was really my life. I loved him. He approached me.

"Kaitlyn." He looked me in the eyes. His were burning.

"Gerard?"

"Let's go home."