Sequel: The Fire Within
Status: Calm your tits... I'm trying to update!

Closer to the Edge

Chapter 2: The Punchline To The Joke Is Asking "Some One Save Us."

Frank's POV

I was still in pain from the fall I had taken not just twenty minutes ago. I was sitting in my seat and I was shifting uncomfortably trying to make myself comfortable.

"Iero quit moving." The teacher scolded.

"I'm sorry miss." I mumbled before trying to focus on my book work. The pain started to feel worse and tears sprung to my eyes again. I stood from my desk and I made my way to the front of the room where the teacher was sitting. I tapped on her desk and she looked up from her phone.

"Miss, can I please go to the nurse?" I asked she nodded her head telling me I could.

"Do you need to take your things?" She asked.

"No, I just need some pain medicine." I said, she nodded and told me to go.

As I walked down the hall the guy that had bumped into earlier was walking next to a dorky looking kid. Both were holding bright yellow paper. The kid beside him was wearing the same dark attire that the guy had been wearing.

The guy I had bumped into was wearing all black; he was wearing a hoodie with gloves. His face supported sun glasses. His skin was pale, like it had never seen the sun but my skin was the same. His lips were chapped and his cheeks had a tint of pink to them. He smiled at me and I felt a blush creep to my face. I walked past them and I made my way to the nurse’s office.

When I had walked into the office, the nurse automatically got to her feet and walked to the medicine cabinet.

"So Frank, how are you feelin' today?" She asked.

"Uncomfortable..." I replied.

"Ah here it is," she said. "Here's your medication." She handed me a couple of pills and she filled a Dixie cup up with water. I threw the pills into my mouth and I swallowed it down with water. "Are you staying?" She asked. I shook my head usually when I'm feeling like this I come here and lay down.

But today I just felt like being in class. Today I want to feel as if I were a normal human. As if I weren't dying. But I knew I would never be or feel normal as this parasite takes over my body slowly.

She smiled softly as I walked out of the office. I knew all of these people felt sympathy for me because I was dying, but all I wanted to be, was treated like I wasn't dying. I wanted to wake up and the cancer to be gone. I wanted to feel as if I weren't, till the day I do die. But I knew it wouldn't happen.

I'd never lose my virginity like ninety percent of my class had. I'd never fall in love, because if I do that means I'd have to leave my boyfriend in the worst way possible. If anything I was the most selfless person ever. But why not be nice to people who felt for you?

I mean it’s the last thing I'll ever do...

When I had gotten back to my class I saw the dorky kid that was with the beautiful one sitting in my seat. I walked up to my chair and I tapped on my desk. The kid looked up and pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Yes?" He asked with a smooth voice.

"You’re in my seat." I softly said.

“Well this was the only open desk…” He said looking back down at the text book in front of him. “Maybe you shouldn’t have been late to class.”

“I wasn’t late to class, my stuff’s right there.” I said pointing to my stuff that was sitting beside the desk. “You can have this desk in March.”

“What are you moving or something?” He asked.

“Something like that.” I mumbled to myself. He slid out of the desk and sat on the floor in-between the wall and my desk and he grabbed the History book into his hands and he pulled his knees to his chest and set the book on the floor. “Thanks.”

“No problem I’m Mikey, I’m a junior.” He said. My eyebrows furrowed.

“Why are you in this class then?” I asked.

“Well in my old school I was smart and I’m in all upper classes except for algebra.” He said looking back at the book. “What’s your name?” He asked flipping the page.

“Frank, you can call me Frankie like everyone else does.” I said grabbing my book from the cradle under the desk. “And if anyone says anything about me… Don’t listen to them ‘cause they’re wrong.” I added.

Maybe if I don’t tell Mikey then maybe I’ll have a friend that doesn’t feel sympathy for me. And then when it gets closer to the time I die I’ll tell him, then he can give me sympathy… Or am I being selfish? No, no I’m not I just want a friend.

---

When class had ended both Mikey and I had parted because he had to go to Algebra. The pain in my body had finally subsided but I also felt very groggy. I walked into my next class which was Physics and I sat down in my assigned seat.

Once the bell had rang and everyone was sitting in their seats in walked the beautiful boy. He glanced at me and he smiled before looking back at the teacher. Pretty boy handed the schedule to the teacher. He looked at the schedule and nodded.

“Class this is Gerard Way.” The teacher announced. Some of the girls were sitting on the edge of their seats staring at Gerard as if he were some type of meat… I mean yes he’s very attractive, but the way the girls were ogling over him wasn’t so attractive. “Sit by Frank so I can go over the lesson.” The teacher rolled his eyes.

“Dick,” Gerard mumbled under his breath before looking at the empty desk that was beside me.

“What did you say young man?” The teacher asked.

“I said DICK! Do you need me to give you the definition?” Gerard asked.

“Go to the office.” The teacher glared at Gerard’s back before Gerard himself turned around he looked at the teacher in the eye.

“I’d rather not go to the fucking office if that’s alright with you.” He said in a low voice.

The teacher rolled his eyes and he told Gerard to sit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Credit: Heaven Help Us by My Chemical Romance
Well...
Today's been a little happy and a little sad...
Sad mostly, but I'm not telling you why...
So yeah...
Comment...