Sequel: Listen to Your Heart
Status: Done! Check out the Sequel!!!!! ;3

"One of the Guys"

Goodbye isn't forever

I was loading that last box my stuff when I started to tear up. Looking up at my child home, rekindling the memories this place held. It was going to be the first time I was leaving my family for a new start. It hit me hard; knowing I was going to have no one in Chicago besides Declan; and I knew meeting knew people wasn’t going to be easy, since I’ve had the same friends for the past how many years now? Leaving the people you’ve known your whole life that’d watched you grow up was heart wrenching. I love everyone here to death mostly my parents; for them to let me go like that makes them the best parents ever. I doubt any parent would want their 18 year old child moving across the country with their boyfriend. But my parents understood what was in my best interest. What makes this all harder is that I’d be leaving Kennedy. Yeah I know, he can be a pain in the ass sometimes but he’s is the best brother any one could ever dream for. This pain in the ass always had my back: beating up boyfriends that broke my heart; protected me from creeps, held me when I cried supported my every decision even if my parents were against it; he will always be there for me. And for the guys, I’ll miss everything about them; to their disgusting eating habits, perverted minds, sarcastic comments, and brotherly love. Each her every one of them was like another brother to me. Always keeping a keen eye out for me, trying to keep me out of trouble; but really it was the other way around. But still; I love these guys to death…that included John, well the old John at least. The one who use to be caring, loving, funny, obnoxious, clumsy, and might I add cocky John. I don’t know what happened between us, I guess it’s too late to find out now. What’s been done has been set to the past, all I can do now if move forward with my life.

I felt a lanky arm warp around my waist, “Babe; are you okay?”

I turned my head to see Declan’s sparkling green orbs staring at me; I couldn’t help but smile through the tears.

“Yeah, just a little sad to leave; that’s all.”

“Well look on the bright side; you get to be with me.” He said in a seductive voice.

“Oh yes! That makes everything so much better!” I said sarcastically

“Hey, no need for the sarcasm missy.” He joked.

I rolled my eyes and released myself from his arms when I saw a van pull up into the drive way. Out came 9 little monkeys: Pat, Jared, Garret, Halvo, Nick, Tim, Joel, Alex, and Jack.
Of course Pat was the first to come out and attack me, causing me to stumble backwards falling onto the grass.

“PATRICK JOHN KIRCH!” I scolded.

All the guys laughed, “Oh snap! Pat you’re in deep shit; she used your full name.” Jack said.
Pat thought for a sec about what I might do to him if he didn’t get off, he quickly got off of me and ran behind Jared.

“Smart move Kirch…..smart move.” I taunted him.

Halvo extended his hands to help me up, I brushed off the dirt from my pants and shot Pat a glare. He peeked his head out from Jared’s back but quickly went back to hiding when he saw my glare.

“Okay, not to be rude or anything but why are you guys here?”

“Uh, to see you off duhh.” Alex said in a sassy tone.

“But we just say each other yesterday at the BBQ/farewell party.”

“That was the goodbye before the good bye.” Garret said.

“I don’t get it.” I said still confused.

“Geez Annie, we’re here to say goodbye to you; why make it so hard?” Tim said.

“But-t I just don’-“

I was cut off, “Just shut up and give us all a hug and get on your way will ya?” Halvo said impatiently.

I pouted, “Don’t have to be so mean.”

“Ohh ohh, I’m first” Said Jack.

“Okay so, make sure you party your butt off in Chicago, keep an eye out or smokin’ hot guys, and ummm don’t forget muah. And uhhh DON”T GET KNOCKED UP!” Jack said.

”Uh yeah, thanks? I won’t be on the lookout for any; I’ve got one right here.” I turned my head to Declan. “And no way am I ruining my life by having a baby at 18!”

“Well that was a shitty goodbye speech.” Alex said.

“No! I bet you can’t do better.” Jack said obviously offended.

“Watch and learn young grass hopper. Annie, I love you with all my heart. The first time I laid eyes on you I knew you were the one for me. I plan for us to get married have 7 children and live in a beautiful home in Maui and grow old together. Too bad that plan went down the toilet since Kennedy was gonna kill me if I laid a hand on you. But that doesn’t matter, you will always always have a spot in my heart my love; no matter what. I will wait for you, one day when you dump this t-this guy right here.” He motioned his hand towards Declan. “I’ll be waiting for you and to fulfill our lives together at last. Actually no scratch that, Annie Christine Brock… I love you with all my, will you do me the honors and take this ring and become the beautiful Mrs. Gaskgarth; forever we will live in happiness?” He pulled out a ring pop and placed it on my finger.

I heard laughter come out of all the guys even Declan. “Well Mr. Gaskgarth, as tempting as your offer sounds… I might have to pass. But I promise one day I’ll be yours; but for now I’m with this hunk right here.” I gave him a kiss on the cheek and grabbed Declan’s hand.

He shrugged, “Well I gave it a shot.” He stood up from the ground and took back his ring pop.

I slapped his arm, “Hey what was that for!?!” He asked.

“For being cheap, who proposes with a ring pop then takes it back?”

“Uh me duh, I just got rejected the least I could get the ring back since my dignity was taken
away.” He stuck his tongue out.

“Yeah whatever” I mumbled.

I said my goodbyes to the rest of the guys, the last one was Kennedy.

“Uh I don’t know what to say really, just promise me you won’t get into too much trouble okay? When you come home we will celebrate your success, make me proud; so I can go around town bragging about my baby sister graduating college and getting her nursing degree. When you come back you’ll officially become the first Brock to go off to college and last longer than two days. I love you sis; make sure you visit as much as possible and call me every day. If anything goes wrong just give me a call and I’ll be on the first flight to Chicago. I know I don’t say this enough but I love you Annie, you mean the world to me. You might be that annoying sister who doesn’t leave me alone and likes to push my buttons but in the end that doesn’t matter; I love you no matter how stupid you act or how annoying he can get. Please take care of yourself, if anything were to happen I don’t know how I’d survive.” I saw a tear fall down his face.

I grabbed him into a hug; tears were cascading down my face. “I promise; you don’t have to worry about me. I’ll always be that annoying little sister who’d need her brother to protect her. Now you promise me you’ll be with me through the thick and thin, hold me when I cry and be there to pick up the pieces in my life.”

“I promise” He whispered into my ear.

“Good, I love you Kennedy.”

“I love you too Annie.”

Moments past which seemed to be eternity, we pulled away from one another.

“Okay guys, no more crying! I’m going to the car to get my camera we need to savor this moment.” I said and ran outside.

I hopped into the car grabbing my bag when I saw my phone and had one new voicemail…..it was John. What did he want?

I don’t know whether it was a good idea listening to this or not. I thought for a while before throwing it back into my bag and went a back to the guys.
--
An hour later after hanging out with all the guys and sharing goofy memories of Kennedy and I’s childhood memories we were finally on our way to Chicago. I gave each guy one last hug and headed to the car.

“We love you Annie, don’t have too much fun!” Tim called out.

From the passenger seat I waved at everyone and tried smiling. I felt like jumping out of the car and forget about college, but I couldn’t pull myself to do so. I took one last look of the guys and my childhood home as we pulled out of the neighborhood. I decided it was time to listen to what John had to say, before I officially left Arizona; after listening to this all will be forgotten.
I grabbed my phone out of my bag, held my breath and hit play.

’One new message……’

“I know you don’t want to talk to me but this needed to be said. You didn’t pick up your phone and I don’t want to leave this to your voicemail but I guess I have no choice. Here it goes… I wanted to apologize, what I said and did was out of line. I never should have called you a slut, never should have yelled in your face, and definitely never ever should have brought up Isaiah. I crossed the line, you didn’t deserve anything I said to you at the party or when I came over the other day. I also apologize for Raquel, she was being a bitch towards you and she should never have slapped you. I know you probably don’t care what I have to say; but I truly mean it. I am sorry for everything, non-of this was meant to happen, I shouldn’t be back with Raquel and you shouldn’t be with Declan. This all went south after I poured my feelings to you the night at the park. Who knew getting rejected was going to hurt so badly. Everything I said was out of hatred, I was mad. I didn’t mean I word I said, and I will regret it for the rest of my life. I know you won’t forgive me but I just wanted you to know how sorry I am for my actions. I wish you and Declan the best, have a great time in Chicago; you deserve it. I love you.”

Once again I was crying, he thought I rejected him? Clearly I said I was going to get back to him on that and that it was too much for me to handle. I guess I waited too long and he moved on. But he was right about one thing, I shouldn’t be with Declan and he sure as hell shouldn’t be with Raquel, but I guess things are what they are for a reason. If we were really meant to be than one day we’ll find each other again. For now we stick to what we have and wish for the better.

I placed my phone back into my bad and sunk into the seat. Feeling the rays of the Arizona sun shining onto my bare skin, I shoved my earphone into my ears and played “Kids in love” by Mayday Parade.

Quietly I whispered, “……I love you too”
♠ ♠ ♠
Last outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=43552543

I want to thank everyone of you guys for reading this story! There will be a sequel coming soon,
but I don't know when it'll be started. Just keep an eye out for it! I will be starting some other stories that have The Maine in it, mostly John Ohh since i love him so much! :) Thank you thank you thank you again for the comments and subscribers, hopefully there'd be way more on my next couple of stories but for now stay tuned!
P.S New story "Growing up won't bring us down"

<3 Andrea