Sequel: Listen to Your Heart
Status: Done! Check out the Sequel!!!!! ;3

"One of the Guys"

Tell me that you love me, and it'll be alright

Ugh, I was finally home from that shitty so called ‘date’. They guy turned out to be worse than I thought he’d be. Never had I met someone so arrogant, self-absorbed, snobby, and might I add cocky in my 18 years of living. The date only lasted 15 minutes before I threw my drink at him. First he started bragging on and on about the nice shit he had, than insulted me on how I dressed; said I too looked slutty. To top it all off he started talking about his ex's! Who the fuck does that on a date!?! That’s when I grabbed my drink and threw it at him; yeah you might think it was a total bitch ass move but I don’t give two shits. He deserved it; I could have done much more than simply throwing my drink in his face. Before he could even comprehend what had happened, I grabbed my stuff and left, piece of shit; hope I never have to see him again.

That completely ruined my day; I changed into my pajamas and crawled into my bed. And tried to forget this afternoon’s event. Quickly I drifted off to sleep; I woke up around 1am from a phone call.

“Hello?” I answered trying to keep my eyes open.

“Hey it’s John, get dressed and meet me at the park in 10.” He said before hanging up.

What did he want at 1 in the morning, and why do I need to meet in at the park? I hesitantly grabbed my purse and hoodie and headed to the park, it wasn’t that far from my house so I walked; I needed a breather anyways. A little bit later I was at the park, no sight of John anywhere so I sat on the swing and waited. Out of nowhere someone came up from behind and gave me a tight squeeze.

“Shit” I muttered seeing it was only John.

“Haha, sorry if I scared you.” He said before grabbing my hand.

“Where are we going, are you going to rape me?” I joked.

All he did was chuckle before stopping us in the middle of the grass field, lying on the ground was a blanket. He sat down and pulled me down onto his lap and wrapped his arms around my waist.

“John, what is all this about?” I asked taken off by his actions.

“I couldn’t sleep so I thought maybe you’d like to spend the night watching the stars with me.”

“Who are you and what had you done with the John I know? He’d never do something this romantic.” I said jokingly.

“Well can’t a guy be sweet to girlfriend once and awhile? And how was your little lunch date?” He said and rested his head against my back.

“Correction, ‘fake girlfriend ‘nothing more than that. And let’s not talk about all you need to know is there won’t be a second one” I said as I stared into the beautiful night sky. I could feel John shift uncomfortably from under me.

“I’m sorry the date didn’t work out so well, also I actually I wanted to talk to you about that.” He sighed and turned me around so I was now facing him. I just looked with confusion.

“Um, I don’t know how to say this but; I like you Annie. More than I’d actually like to, I have butterflies in my stomach every time I talk and hang around you. I love your contagious laugh, the bright smile you always have on your face, and the way you can brighten up some ones mood, and even when you become a complete and utter bitch. I’d be lying if I told you I wasn’t jealous hearing you’d be going on a date today. I thought to myself I should be that guy who puts a smile on your face, I should be the one to take you out on romantic dates, I should be the one who holds you when you cry, and I should be the one who picks up the pieces when you feel broken. Whenever I’m around you I’m a different person, I may act like nothing’s going on but I really really like you Annie Brock.” John said truthfully. John had never meant to tell her his feelings tonight but he just got so wrapped up in the moment that it all came out, this was nowhere near dropping ‘subtle’ hint.

“Uh, I don’t know what to say John.” I said honestly dumbfounded.

“Don’t say anything; just tell me that you feel the same way about me.” He pleaded. I could see in his beautiful glistening green eyes that he wanted me to pour my heart out to him too.

“Please Annie say something!” He tried again.

“I-I don’t know John honestly, you can’t just drop a huge bomb on me and expect me to say something. I just need time to think things through; this is just too much. Just give me some time and I promise I’ll tell you whether I feel the same way or not” I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and literally ran home.

John yelled after me, “Don’t listen to the voices in your head; listen to your heart.”

I started to burst into tears, why was I crying? It’s either I like John or I don’t, there’s no reason for me to be crying but still I am. I’m so overwhelmed with everything right now. I ran back home in a matter of minutes, threw myself back into bed and wished this was all a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Date outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/date/set?id=42615192
James: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=42615583
Pj's: http://www.polyvore.com/sleep_over/set?id=42416103

I'm really sorry, I know it's short! And I also know I promised a really long chapter in honor of The Maine's 5th anniversary but I changed my mind about it being this chapter. For sure there will be a long ass chapter coming up but I don't know when. Stay tuned and you'll see. What do you think about John pouring his heart out to Annie and her running away? Any predictions? Comment and Subscribe please!!!!

-Andrea