Sequel: Listen to Your Heart
Status: Done! Check out the Sequel!!!!! ;3

"One of the Guys"

Will there ever been an 'Us'?

It’s been exactly a week since I’ve seen or talked to John. It wasn’t like I was purposely avoiding him; it was just natural for each other to do so. I was just so confused about my feelings. I don’t know why I’m making this so much more complicated than it really has to be, maybe I was just afraid to get my heart broken….again. I haven’t dated since my last boyfriend Isaiah, and that’d be a year and a half ago. He shattered my heart into itty bitty pieces by cheating and getting a girl pregnant. I found out by one of his friends, at first I didn’t believe anyone but one day he’d finally decided to come clean tell me. I was devastated, our 4year long relationship went down the drains; I was not going to let that happen again. But, it made me think about John and how maybe he’d be different. He was sweet, caring, funny, romantic, goofy, and hot! But why didn’t I just tell him all this that night at the park? Well, it took me a hard long week of thinking, I was finally going to tell John how I really felt about him, and I just hope he hasn’t changed his mind towards me. Tonight was Pat’s 18th birthday, he going to have a small get together with a bonfire at the beach. And I was planning on coming clean to John tonight; I just hope it isn’t too late.

I was throwing every article of clothing I had in my closet out onto the floor trying to find something decent to wear. Around 6:30 I was ready and on the way to the beach to meet up with everyone. It was a small group of our usual friends all huddled around the fire, A Rocket to the Moon boys, Forever the Sickest Kids, All time low, and of course The Maine.

“Annnnnie!” Pat screamed and started running towards me. “I’ve missed you so much, where’ve you been!?!” He asked trying to calm down.

“I’m sorry, I’ve just been busy lately with college stuff; oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY CAKES!” I yelled him his ear and grabbed him into a tight hug.

“Thank you! Now where’s me present eh?” He said in a childish voice.

“It’ll be here any moment; just hang tight!” I said and linked his arms with mine and started to walk towards the others.

“Hey guys” I greeted. They all exchanged ‘hey’ and hi’ I started up a conversation with Nick Santino and Eric Halverson my two favorite boys at the moment. They talked about tour and how their love lives sucked.

My phone started to vibrate causing me to jump.

“Hello?”

“Hey Annie we’re here, can you meet us in the parking lot?” the girl said in a whisper.

“Uh yeah, be right there.” I hung up and headed to the parking lot.

“Annie, where are you going?” Pat yelled after me.

“I going to be right back pat, going to get your present right now,” I smiled.

“Hey guys” I said, giving each a hug.

“Hi Annie” They said in unison, I grabbed both of their hands dragging them forwards the small crowd.

“PATTY CAKE, YOUR PRESENT HAS ARRIVED!” I yelled gaining his attention.

“Ohhhh, where is it! I want it now!” Pat screeched in excitement.

“Right here silly” I said and pulled one of the girls from behind me. “Pat this is Kelsey, Kelsey meet Pat.”

“Hi” She said shyly giving him a smile.

Pat just looked at her; jaws dropped.

“Pat close your mouth and greet your date, Jesus.” I said annoyed pushing her towards him.

“Uh-uh hi” he stuttered. “Annie, what do you mean date?

“Remember I promised I’d hook you up with one of my friends and so I did. Don’t hurt her she’s one of my very few girlfriends” I said and walked away, leaving them in complete awkwardness.

“Right” he mumbled.

“And you missy come with me.” I said and grabbed the other girl’s hand.

“Gar bear! I have a gift for you too!” I said while pushing through the crowd of people.

“What do you want—“He said and turned towards me.

“Rachel this is Garret and Garret this is Rachel.”

“Hey there, it’s nice to meet you!” She said enthusiastically.

“Oh my god you’re hot! He blurted out. “Oh god, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to say that out loud.” He said and turned red.

“Wow, way to be blunt Garret. And don’t fuck this up I owed you a date and here it is, we are now even!” I said and patted his shoulder and walked towards

Right when I turned and started towards the bonfire I noticed there was this girl I haven’t seen before. Was she one of the guy’s new girlfriend or something? And why was she sitting on John’s lap giggling in his ear!?! Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, she was Raquel Underwood also known as little miss perfect; and John’s ex-girlfriend. What was John doing with her, were they back together or something? John caught my stare but simply looked away and grimaced. Jared looked at me confused trying to figure out what I was looking at, he followed my gaze and realized what I’d been looking at.

“Annie, you okay?” He asked grabbing my wrist catching my attention.

“Uh-uh yeah, I think so.” I said trying to hold in the tears.

“Please don’t cry he’s not worth it.” Jared cooed.

“I-I don’t know what you’re talking about Jared.” I said trying to release myself from his grasp but failed miserably.

“I know more than you think I know Hun, I know that John has feelings for you and I know what happened at the park last weekend between you two.”

“Wait what? How did you know?” I asked shocked.

“John came to me; he was heartbroken that you didn’t feel the same way about him. He was crushed that you ran away without saying a word and just left him hanging there. To him right there it was the end of your guy’s friendship.”

“Well those feelings didn’t last long, by the looks of it he’s moved on or should I say moved backwards to the past.” I spat and finally got myself out of Jared’s arm.

“He’s just using her as a rebound; you and I both know they won’t last. He could never be happy with her and she definitely will never compare to you Annie.” I said looking straight into my eye.
I looked at John, him and Raquel happily sitting together sneaking kisses to one other, jealousy was taking over me.

“I don’t know Jared; maybe he’d be happier with her. Raquel is everything a guy could ever wish for; I could never compare to her…she’s perfect Jared.” I said with tears cascading down my face. Before Jared could reply I started to run to my car, all I wanted to do was crawl in a hole and die at that moment. I doubt everything he said that night was true, he didn't feel that way about me, he just got lonely that’s all.

Even if Jared was right about John using her as a rebound, I would never be good enough for him when he has Raquel Underwood at his feet. I was just Kennedy Brock’s little sister nothing more; just like how I was just John’s little spare of the moment crush.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annie: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=42895189
Rachel & Kelsey: http://www.polyvore.com/rachel_kelsey/set?id=42893945
Raquel: http://www.polyvore.com/requel/set?id=42891361

Eh, definitely NOT proud of this chapter! Shit's gonna go down in the next chapter with Annie and John. Lots and lots of drama coming, I promise. Please comment and subscribe! && sorry for the lack of updates, school's been kicking my butt!
-Andrea <3