You're My Only One, the Only One I Ever Cared For

I

Grave shift had been rather steady the past few week’s. I had spent a lot of my time cooped up in my office tackling the pile of paperwork that was forever growing more than it was depleting. The office had been decorated with pictures and also drawings Brandon would do whenever he was sat in here with me out of the way of the hustle and bustle. I enjoyed the privacy of the office when Greg would pop in it would allow us a few extra minutes to chat in private and on occasion share a kiss or two without other people watching.

At the current moment in time i was sat signing off a few cases and filling in a couple of forms to send evidence to city storage. As i sat there running my finger slowly down the page double checking what was written in the open manila file. I heard my door open slightly but continued reading knowing it was probably just Greg. When in finally looked up from the page closing the file i was surprised to see that it was steph stood there hanging through the door until i nodded for her to enter properly.

“Hey, just thought i would give you a heads up but the whole of grave have agreed to go bowling at 3 this afternoon and have a couple of drinks before those working tonight start shift again. You fancy coming along, even Grissom has agreed to head along.”

“yeah sure, I’m in. Had Greg already said we we’re going to go anyway by any chance?”

“yeah actually, is he really that predictable to you? Cath’s Lindsey said she will have Brandon for us I’m going to pay her for it to.”

I nodded agreeing to what she said as i smiled. Before i could say anything else she had disappeared the door clicking shut again behind her as i turned my attention back to my work. I was glad to hear the team were going to spend a few hour’s together it had been way too long since that had happened and last time it was breakfast together which had been interrupted.

As shift slowly drew to an end i smiled to see that i had reduced my pile of paperwork by 3/4’s although my energy levels had been destroyed completely in the process. I couldn’t wait to get home and get a few hour’s sleep. As i placed everything away neatly ready for the next shift Greg appeared at the office door already wearing his coat his car keys hanging off his finger.

“I will wait for you in the parking lot babe, don’t be long.”

I didn’t say anything as he disappeared again and i stood up from behind my desk grabbing my keys off the side. I locked up all the office before making my way down to the locker’s grabbing my coat and some clothes that needed washing before heading down to Greg who was waving as nick’s car sped out of the lot. I shook my head as i watched nick drive off feeling sorry for steph as nick wasn’t the most sensible of driver’s.

The journey home was quick having missed most of the traffic as i watched Vegas street’s go past. Once me and Greg stepped into the apartment i threw my clothes in the washer before heading to the bedroom climbing into some comfy clothes. I was too tired to stay up and informed Greg i was heading to bed already. He informed me he would be there in a moment as he made sure the apartment was locked up. I smiled when Greg finally joined me in the bed. I curled up in his arms and was soon asleep.

I was awoke by the sound of two alarms going off. As i lifted my head off the pillow i was surprised to see it was 2 pm already. As i looked at Greg i noticed he was still fast asleep as i shut off both the alarms.

“Greg, time to get up. We need to get ready.”

I gently shrug Greg as he started to grumble about it been too early. As he opened his eye i lent forward kissing him on the lips knowing it would wake him up a little more. I watched him smile as he sat up kissing me back his warm hand resting on the small of my back as enjoyed the moment. I pulled away soon after though Greg looking hurt at the fact.

“i will return the kiss properly when we are ready to go we can’t be late.”

I watched Greg pout slightly before biting down on his lip swinging his legs out the bed before he started pulling clothes out the wardrobe deciding on something to wear. He finally decided on a smart plain black shirt with white tie and a pair of dark jeans. As he got ready i pulled out an outfit finally deciding to wear a pair of dark coloured jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt. As i started to get ready i could hear Greg humming to himself informing me he was doing his hair as he went through the same process everyday.

As it got to 2:40 the two of us were ready to go. I stood in-front of Greg my finger’s entwining with his as i reached up closing the gap between our heights and allowing our lips to connect. I moved my hand resting it on the back of Greg’s neck as his hands rested on my hips. As we separated for breath he rested his head against mine both of us just staring into the other’s eyes. At precisely that moment there was extremely loud knocking on the door making both myself and Greg jump as we parted.

“Oi, lovebirds come on. We need your asses there so we can whoop them.”

I rolled my eyes at my sister’s voice travelling through the door before Greg headed over opening it as i grabbed the keys from the side.

“We shall just see who exactly does the ass whooping once we get there, you may be surprised.”

As i locked up the door before heading out the building with the other’s i continued to listen to the banter between Greg, nick and Steph on who exactly was going to win. I felt like i was walking with a bunch of teenager’s as we made our way by foot down to the bowling alley as it wasn’t far from our place. After a little while steph fell back inline with me leaving the boys to walk together talking. Nick soon stepped inline with steph though his hand wrapping around steph. I liked that steph and nick had also made an effort to dress smart, steph in a pair of pale blue jeans and a cream coloured v-neck frill edged top. Nick was in a pale blue checkered-shirt and a pair of dark jeans. I enjoyed the walk to the alley it was quite relaxing.