Status: Active

From Fantasy to Reality

The Big Beginning

I couldn’t make it home fast enough today. Benji had texted me while at work and said he had a surprise for me. We talked every day because he lived outside of Los Angeles in the opposite direction of me and it took 2 hours to get to my place. I always hated the waiting for him to get to my place or to get to his. But today I was in agony. I pretty much jogged home from school.
“Is he here? Did he call?” I breathlessly say rushing in. Kenzie just stares at me like I’ve grown another head or something.
“Who? What is going on?” she asks looking up from her work. We are just 1 month away from graduating with business degrees. I just sigh and get a glass of water.
“Benji! He texted me at school and I am so excited! I have no idea what he could have to tell me.” Clearly I had an idea and she knew that too but I just shrugged coyly. He had yet to say he loved me and it had only been 3 weeks but I certainly felt something. Someone pounded, yes pounded, on our door and I jump.
“Jeez it’s probably just Benji.” Kenzie says rolling her eyes as I jump up and open the door. He’s standing there looking so handsome in a tight black tee shirt and basketball shorts. I bite my lip to keep from lunging at him
“Hi babe” he smiles hugging me.
“Hey. Come on in. Kenzie is here but she’s working.” I say as he walks in. He has a smile plastered on his face and it makes him look even more handsome. I take his hand and lead him out to the balcony.
“That’s fine. I wasn’t planning on staying long.” He says looking around. I can feel my happiness sink away. I really don’t want him to break up with me. “Because I’m taking you out to celebrate.” I can hear a laugh in his voice. He was always a tease.
“Celebrate what?” I ask smiling and hold his hand.
“Well I wanted to know if you wanted to come on tour with me and the band. I know we haven’t been going out that long but I would really like you to be there.” He says lightly squeezing my hand. I am in shock. I cannot believe he would ask me to come and be with him on the road. Sometimes I am even still shocked that he is with me, the girl in community college with a tiny little apartment. And he has dated heiresses and models! He usually just laughs at me when I say that. “Riot, earth to Riot!” he says waving his hand in front of my face.
“Oh! Of course I will babe!” I gasp hugging him. My mind and heart is racing. He laughs and hugs me tightly back. “When do we leave?”
“In 3 days on Saturday.” He says still hugging me. I pull away, and look at him. “Is that a problem? I really want you there.”
“I have finals on Monday and I want to be there too.” I sadly say looking down. He pulls my chin and softly kisses me, which still makes my heart flutter. “But I do have another idea.”
“Oh and what is that?” he asks looking at me. He has the most expressive face and it makes me smile.
“I can just postpone school. I mean I’m still young and I can always go back.” He looks skeptical for a minute and starts to open his mouth but then sighs.
“You do whatever you feel is best, even if it means flying in later to join the band and me.” He says pushing my hair behind my ears. I hug him again. I really do have the most amazing boyfriend. I run in, freaking out, to tell Kenzie.
“That is amazing!” she shouts jumping up and down with me. I just nod and squeeze her.
“Ok. Benji and I are going out. I will be back!” I quickly say grabbing my coat. She stops me.
“Um, what about finals, graduation, and work?” she cocks her head and gives me slightly disapproving look. I stop and look around.
“Well I am going to take a break from school. I’m still young! And I will deal with work later.” I say shrugging. “Don’t worry and I will be back!” I grab Benji’s hand and walk out to his car with him.

We go to this incredible place called Mr. Chow and the whole band, including their ladies, is there. I squeeze Benji’s hand. I am so glad I wore a nice outfit to school or would feel like a bum next to these people. I am sitting next to Nicole Richie and she is about 6 months pregnant with her second child, a boy. I also learn that Billy Martin’s wife, Lindsey, just had a boy in January.
“You don’t need to be nervous.” Benji whispers in my ear. I just nod and turn back to the group.
“You will have so much fun on tour!” Lindsey smiles “Plus I won’t be the only girl anymore.” She was never the only girl but it is awesome to feel accepted.
“I am super excited. I can’t wait to see what being on the road is like and, of course, having sometime with Benji.” I say holding Benji’s hand. He kisses my cheek and I blush, making everyone laugh.

“You have to come meet Harlow sometime. I bet she would absolutely love you. You seem so fun!” Nicole says as we walk out. I don’t have time to respond because a mob of photographers rush up to us. Benji instinctively puts his arm around my waist to pull me through the mass of people and flashbulbs. I attempt to shield my eyes and make it to the car but they are firing questions at us. This is so foreign to me and, frankly, a bit scary. I scramble into Benji’s SUV and he quickly pulls out.
“I am so sorry. I should have warned you about that.” He says racing towards the freeway.
“It’s fine! I made it out alive. Mosh pits at concerts are much worse.” I laugh smoothing out my hair. He laughs and holds my hand. “How long is the tour?”
“Two months. We come back right before Halloween.” He answers watching the road. That’s not long at all.
“Aw Benji you didn’t want to be away from me for just two months?” I giggle turning to him. He flashes another million dollar smile and nods. I lean over and kiss his cheek. This man is a complete saint.

Saturday arrives quickly and I am nervous wreck. For one I have no idea what it will be like staying in such small quarters everyday with the band and I have never done anything big without Kenzie. Sleeping last night was impossible and it is now 7 am. I also had no idea what to pack so I just threw my normal concert outfits plus some nicer things in a duffle bag. I also remembered to pack enough make-up and hair stuff so I can always look nice for Benji.
“You need to calm down.” Kenzie laughs from the kitchen. I roll my eyes.
“I am trying too but he’s going to be here any minute! What if he and I break up?” She gives me the famous ‘you are fucking crazy’ look. “Okay that won’t happen. But I am still nervous.”
“It will be fine! Do you want some toast?” she asks holding up the bread.
“No.” I sigh sitting on the couch. I hear a car door slam and someone coming up the stairs. My heart is pounding.
“Don’t throw up.” Kenzie giggles as Benji pounds on the door. I flip her off and get up.
“Hey.” I smile opening the door. He looks so hot, as always.
“Hi babe. Are you ready?” he asks. I nod and grab my duffle bag and carry on. “That’s it?” He looks shocked.
“Yeah. There’s plenty of clothes in there for two months of tour buses and being backstage.” I shrug. He kisses me, smiling. He even takes my bags. “Bye Kenzie!” She rushes over to hug me.
“Have fun and don’t do anything too stupid.” She laughs squeezing me.
“Yeah, okay.” I say walking out. I get in the back of the SUV with Benji.
“Are you excited?” he asks.
“I am but I am also nervous.” I admit biting my lip. He looks up at me as we leave my complex.
“Why is that?” I know I am going to sound really stupid and paranoid but we both agree that being open is the best thing while in a relationship. I sigh and lean on him.
“Just being on a bus with so many people and how we’re going to handle being in such a small space for two months.” I mumble. We never really stayed together just spent the night at each other’s places but he was always rushing off for work things.
“I have my own bus.” He grins. Yep, I feel stupid. “And I can’t wait to be around you for two months. I miss you so much when I have to leave because I have no idea when I will get the chance to see you again.” My heart is going to melt. He is the sweetest man I have ever known. It’s not an act either. He treats everyone with so much respect and care. He kisses my cheeks, which are pink from blushing.
“I miss you so much too. I’m even more excited now that I know you have your own bus. I really like the band and they are so nice but I tend to be awkward around new people.” He said he wanted honesty.
“That’s understandable. Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” He says kissing my cheek again and wrapping an arm around my waist.
“Yes it will, because you will be there.” I softly say.

We fly to the east coast and get there at 4 pm. I was shocked when Benji said we were taking a private jet. Who knew only 2 months after finding out I have a famous half-brother I would be going on tour with my Rockstar boyfriend? It completely amazes me.
“We’re going out to eat. Any requests?” Benji asks. We’re in a van driving to the venue they are playing later tonight.
“Do I have any?” I giggle. He laughs a bit too.
“Well I think Greek salad sounds amazing.” Lindsey says from the row behind us. She brought her and Billy’s son Draevyn. He is thee most adorable baby I have ever seen in my entire life. I shrug in agreement.
“Works for me.” Joel says. He is the one driving. “We just have to get to the arena first.”
“Has Nicole ever come on tour?” I ask out of pure curiosity.
“Yeah but not since she was pregnant with Harlow. Since then she has been busy and now she’s pregnant again.” Joel sighs. It’s easy to see how much he misses her. We pull up behind this massive amphitheater and the guys are out of the van in a shot. I grab my purse and follow Benji.
“Damn it’s hot. I was just getting used to California heat.” I laugh holding his hand.
“It’s the humidity. Don’t worry we have air conditioning.” He says with a smile. He opens the door to a huge bus and leads me inside.
“Holy shit.” I breathe. It is so big and fancy. It’s interior is black and very sleek with chrome and leather accents.
“I’m glad you like it.” He smiles. “Just sit and relax while I get our bags.” I start to protest since I hate being waited on constantly but he kisses me to shut me up.
“Okay babe.” I sigh sitting on one of the plush chairs. He jogs back a minute later with our bags. “Thanks Benji.”
“No problem. Come see the bedroom.” He grabs my hand and pulls me up. I giggle and follow him into a small yet amazing room with a huge bed and plasma screen.
“Holy shit.” I snap, again. “Benji it’s amazing.” I squeeze him. I still can’t believe he wants me here. He keeps his arms around me and kisses me.
“I’m glad you like it. I’m also so glad you’re here.” He softly says kissing my neck. I giggle but I am about to melt.
“Guys let’s go eat!” Joel shouts. Damn. There must be a look of disappointment on my face.
“Later baby.” Benji laughs softly leading me off the bus. He winks at me and I shiver. I wish later was now.

Good Charlotte played an amazing show. The crowd was great and it made the guys feel good. Benji ran off stage and kissed me. His guitar was still on him. It is so awkward to kiss someone with a guitar between you. “Ready to go back to the bus?” he asks handing his guitar to the roadie. I nod and squeeze his hand.
“You did so amazing.” I whisper in his ear as we walk to our bus. Yes he said it was our bus not just his. Am I a hopeless romantic? Totally. He opens the door and we rush in. “Where are we going next?”
“Uh, New York. But not the city. Some upstate town.” He says leading me to the bedroom. He locks the door and I stretch out on the bed.
“Sounds interesting.” I smile. He lies next to me and softly kisses my lips. I smile as he pulls my hips closer to his. I move down to kiss his neck. He slowly runs his hands down me and grabs my ass.
“Riot.” He breathes. I am tracing my hands over his arm tattoos.
“Yes?” I whisper barely moving my lips away from his skin.
“I love you.” He says lifting my chin up. It takes a few minutes for my brain to register.
“I love you too Benji.” I smile kissing him. We both smile and sit up to hug each other properly. Before either one of us can make a move some pounds on the bus door.
“Shit. Hold on.” He sighs getting up. He comes back with a bundle of blankets. I am so confused. “Billy and Lindsey needed to talk. He asked if I could watch Drae.”
“Oh damn. I hope they are okay.” I say. He sits on the bed again, holding the sleeping eight-month old.
“Well a talk and other things I’m sure.” Benji laughs a bit. I did not need that mental image. This tour should be very interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Benji said I love you!
This will be updated alot more now!