Status: Active

From Fantasy to Reality

4th of July. Little sister isn't so little

Patrick and I quickly developed a very close bond. Seeing as I never had a close sibling before this is was very new but very exciting. He even started taking me out to parties with him, none that were hard-core or where we could be in danger but we had fun together. He did treat me like I was a little sister even though I was 18, pushing 19. Now it was almost the 4th of July and he had invited me to a big party with tons of musicians. Needless to say I was excited.
“You are so lucky you got the day off of work!” Kenzie whines as I curl my hair. We both work at a smoothie stand in the local mall. I shrug “I needed the day off anyway. I have been working my ass off. School stuff is not cheap!” She also gets ready as I finish getting dressed. I pull on a blue knee length cotton dress, a thin white jacket, and twine braided tan wedges. I can tell Kenzie is jealous because our work uniforms suck and are not comfortable when outside.
“Alright I will see you later!” I shout running out once Patrick shows up. Kenzie shouts a good bye which I barely catch before getting in the car.
“Oh sis, you have a some major cleavage.” Patrick sighs. It’s not like I can help it. I am curvy girl and very gifted in the chest area. I roll my eyes as we drive off. “Why do you care? Are there going to be people there who I should be worried about?” I laugh. He laughs but shakes his head.
We arrive at a very nice property right on the beach. The house could probably be considered a mini castle. It is amazing. “Damn who lives here?” I ask getting out of the car.
“My friend Pete and his wife.” Patrick says locking the car. My eyes widen. I know exactly who he’s talking about and I am in shock and reminding myself to not be star-struck. I have gotten better at it and better at not being shy. Patrick knocks on the huge wooden door.
“Hey dude” Pete smiles, opening the door. “Oh this must be the sister I have heard so much about.” I blush a bit and shake his hand.
“Hi I’m Riot.” I say. He leads us through the very gorgeous house and out into an elegantly landscaped and decorated back yard. “You have such a beautiful home” I breathe.
“Thanks. My wife does it all.” He laughs as his wife Ashlee comes out. She is very pregnant.
“That’s awesome” I shyly laugh, and then I’m introduced to some other people.

Within an hour or two there has to be 200 people at this party. Many of them I have seen in magazines or on TV but I am being way too shy to actually talk. I did talk to Ashlee or awhile and learned she’s having a baby boy. Patrick reluctantly gives me a glass of champagne to loosen me up. As if I have never had alcohol before but I don’t want to get hammered at a swanky party like this. I quickly down the drink and look around.
“Yes that’s my little sister” I hear Patrick say. I roll my eyes and walk around. He’s talking as if I am a child. I take a seat on the most comfortable bench swing over-looking the ocean. I don’t think I will ever get used to being around all these gorgeous famous people. Even though I felt pretty when I left the house I now feel like a slob. These people are strutting around in thousand dollar dresses and more jewelry than a diamond retailer. I sigh and look out at the water.
“You seem completely bored” someone says sitting next to me. I jump whip my head around. Oh damn…
“I…Yeah I am but it is an amazing party” I say without trying to stutter. “By the way I’m Riot.”
“Benji Madden” He says and I shake his hand. I am about to scream because I have listened to his band since I was in middle school. I don’t dare tell him that because I know it will make him feel old.
“Nice to meet you” I smile.
“You have an interesting name” he says. “I mean that in a good way.” I nod and laugh a bit.
“It’s because I tend to be pretty interesting.” And I totally took it from one of his songs. He laughs and sets his drink down. “Plus I’ve been known to start things, only when necessary of course.”
“I see.” He says. “And the fact that you like Good Charlotte” My jaw drops to the floor. How did he know? I look down and remember the ring on my right hand. It’s just a cheap vinyl one but it has GOOD CHARLOTTE in bright green letters. Smooth Riot, very smooth.
“Yeah I like your band” I can tell I’m blushing. Well there’s my red to my white and blue.
“That is awesome and actually your brother old me before I came over here. “ Oh I am going to kill Patrick. I just smile at him.
“Well that was nice of him.” I laugh. “I did kind of get the idea from your song but high school, the small part I did, was where the really stuck.” He laughs. Oh my, that was so attractive!
“Ah yes, high school. Also known as jail in my book.” He says “But what do you mean by small part?” I tell him and we actually end up talking for hours until the sun starts going down.
“I guess you should get back to whoever you came with.” I shyly say even though I do not want him to go.
“I came alone. I was supposed to go to my brother’s but he had something come up so I came here.” He says. I try not to smile but I am glad he’s not rushing off.
“Oh. Well that sucks for him.” I say. Someone makes an announcement that the fireworks are starting and we are asked to go down to the beach. He stands up first and puts his hand out. I stand up and realize maybe I should have declined that (very strong) drink from him. “Thanks” I smile blushing again.
“It’s ok. I figured you would be a bit dizzy.” He says smiling his million dollar smile. I shrug and follow him. He did learn I was only 18 but said I seemed really mature. Yep a mature girl named Riot.
“Only a little. Maybe I should find Patrick?” I quickly scan around. I see him flirting with a girl and she’s pretty much on his lap. “Or not…”I laugh and motion towards him.
“Well I kind of wanted to know if you would watch the fireworks with me.” Benji says. I can tell I am smiling and he smiles back.
“Sure” I say as we walk down to the beach. I trip a little on the stairs and he grabs my hand. My stomach feels like it’s full of butterflies. “Thanks. I am kind of a klutz.” I say as we take our seats.
Half way through the show I start to feel cold but hide the fact that I want to shiver like a Chihuahua, but I feel something warm laid on my shoulders. I look over and Benji has put his jacket around me. “Thank you” I mouth and smile before turning back to the fireworks. I didn’t stop smiling until they ended.
However when it did end I realize Patrick left with that chick. Well, that’s a great brother. I grab my purse, return Benji’s sweatshirt, and say goodbye to Pete and Ashlee. “Don’t be a stranger! We should hang out.” She says.
“Alright. I will. Bye guys and thanks again.” I wave walking out the front door. I know it was a 30 minute drive from my apartment to here and now I am probably walking, in heels. I sigh deeply and walk out the front gate. How much of a loser am I? I just “partied” with the rich and famous and now I am walking who knows how far to my apartment or to the bus stop. Thankfully there is a side walk and almost no cars around. Until one pulls up beside me.
“Where do you think you’re going?” I can tell its Benji and smile.
I turn to him. “I’m going home and I am walking. Patrick left me stranded” I shrug. He laughs and rubs his forehead.
“You’re going to walk almost 20 miles at night and in heels? Not while I’m on this planet. Get in.” he says smiling again. I sigh and get in his large SUV. “Were you seriously going to walk?”
“Probably not all the way home but to a bus stop.” This causes him to laugh but then get serious.
“That is not safe at all. I’m sorry your brother ditched you. That is not cool at all.” He says. I nod and sit silently until right before we get to my apartment. I still can’t believe what has happened today. And what is happening now.
“Thank you so much Benji. You definitely didn’t have to do this.” I say looking at him. He smiles at me and squeezes my hand. I shiver a bit.
“I’m glad I drove by. It’s not good for you to be walking all that way.” He says pulling into my complex and turning off the car. “I will have to talk to Patrick next time I see him.”
“No!” I gasp making both of us jump. “I mean, it’s no big deal. He has his own life. And I’m sure he will apologize tomorrow.” Ok my heart is slowly calming down.
“Ok but call me if you ever need anything.” He grabs my phone and puts his number in. “Or just anytime you want.” He looks over and smiles at me. I nod and also smile. Before I know it he leans over and kisses me. My mind is screaming like a banshee. We slowly pull apart and are both blushing.
“I will call you.” I quietly say. “Thank you again and have a good a night.” I get out of the car and close the door. He waves and doesn’t pull away until I’m inside. I know Kenzie is asleep so I quickly go to my room and flop on the bed. This all feels like a dream. I love it! I am asleep almost instantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is long!! Most of the chapters will be long because of the density of the story.
You all got a freebee! But from now on it will be comments for chapters.

Also I absolutely loved writing the kiss scene! It was so cute!